Are You Happy With Your Work?

to all Call Center Freaks (agents, reps, L2, TL, QA and other salutations...):

Happy ba kayo sa work nyo?

para sakin... medyo-medyo lang... kc ganito ang routine ko araw-araw: pgkagising pasok sa trabaho, pgkagaling sa trabaho uwi ng bahay, pgkauwi ng bahay kain tpos tulog, tpos ganon na nman ulit... medyo naiiba lng pag dayoff kc may date and you get to go shopping and other stuff... the only consolation I get is the salary... hirap kitain ang pera ngaun... ang sweldo sa call center ay almost double ng sweldo ng office clerk...

so how about u guys and gals out there?

:rolleyes: " Satisfaction Rate " :rolleyes:

In TERMS of the SALARY...

80 - 20 (MUCH BETTER) :thumbsupsmiley:

In TERMS of WORK...

90 - 10 (BETTER IF NOT BEST) :rolleyes:

In TERMS of TIME...

40 - 60 (LACK OF QUALITY TIME FOR OTHER STUFFS) :thumbsdownsmiley:

Over-all... Okay sa alright... :thumbsupsmiley:

Unlike my previous job which is inline with my course

though in this CALL CENTER, in line prin nmn kasi I.T. din.

Sa previous work kasi maganda lang ang title mo but the salary

isn't that interesting at all... :upside: Kya mas ok prin CC kasi PETIX mode most of the time... :lol:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do 2 things here:

1. You can resign

2. sakyan mo na lang at pakisamahan mo ang mga ka workmates mo.

You can add up these things DUDE,

3. Ignore them.... :thumbsdownsmiley: and if you can no longer stand to it :grr:

4. k*ll 'EM... :thumbsdownsmiley: :evil:

:rolleyes: For sure, your current problem will be solve and be ready for a much bigger problem... Nyahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, just a little patience pays it all. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...

To be honest, I like the people I work with, it's easy to get along with my officemates, the TLs all know how to handle the people. My only complaint is compensation-wise.

Here's the scenario: You work as a "customer service representative" (the term CSR is being used very very loosely, as a replacement term for telemarketers), you're expected to pull out a lot of account information from your contacts, go for the sale, close the sale, etc, etc. Since you're being paid a basic salary not even reaching 14K a month, you strive to close a lot of clients, and you do close them. Then you expect to receive a commission for all your hard work, which has been promised to you by your superiors. But the only problem is, you receive a lot less than what you expected for your commission, since some of your sales were not "quality" sales. And then you get frustrated, because you aren't provided with any explanation as to how those sales were kicked, what the grounds were, etc, etc.

Then again, I might be the only one who's complaining.

• 3 weeks later...

HOME BASED CALL CENTER!!!

work at your own pace at the very comfort of your own house (or internet cafe, or at starbucks if u have a laptop....cool huh? hehe) free training, earn up to $2,800/month commission, P150T/week residual income, no quota!!! txt/call me at .....

0919smart

487smart

69smart

70smart

for details.

You may also leave me your landline/cell #/email so i can contact you regarding details of this business. Tnx!!!

Launching the Country's First Home-based Call Center Business Concept

Imagine yourself earning in U.S. dollars while running your own call center business inside the comfort of your home! Now you can cash in on the present call center boom in the country. Estimated to be aroundxXxseats by the end of 2005, the market is expected to grow by an average ofxXxseats per year in the next coming years. How is it possible then for you to make my in your own call center business? Team 1 Alliance will soon launch in the market the first ever home-based call center operations in the country. Whereas before when call center operations are confined in typical office environments, it is now possible for any to operate it at home, thanks to advances in information technology. It doesn't matter whether you have call center experience or not. Together with its partners that have more than 25 man-years of experience in call center start-up and development, Team 1 Alliance will help you establish your own call center business for only P9,600 initial capital which include the down payment for a complete home-based call center systems package. The package consists of a desktop computer, monitor, headset, computer program, basic and advanced training, sources of clients, communication system and many other support services to ensure your success.

How do leaders earn respect? By making sound decisions… and putting what's best for their followers and the organization before their personal agendas.

- John C. Maxwell

Leadership 101, What Every Leader Needs to Know

THE CALL CENTER AGENT –Your initial target recruit

On early mornings, when city folks are just beginning to stir to prepare for breakfast, these young, neatly-dressed, and energetic office workers crowd the fast-food centers and coffee shops in the country's main business centers exchanging light banter over coffee, doughnuts or burgers. They had just finished their work in of those high-rise offices, and ready to go home for a full day's rest before another night's work. These night-shift workers, or agents – as they are usually called – have already been replaced by a daytime batch that usually do less work since it would be evening in the U.S. and other countries in the West, including Europe , where most of their customers are located. Whether it is in the swanky neighborhood of Easod Cyber City in Libis, Quezon City or along Baguio City 's restaurants along Session Road, you know what these people are, noticeable mainly by their well-modulated voices. They are employees of today's hottest information technology-related industry: the call centers. The call center agent is your most potential recruit initially because this person is already familiar with call center operations. Our research showed that call center agents, especially those with at least years experience, are perceived to be aspiring to move up in a managerial position or to own their own businesses. With the huge investments required though to start up a call center, this is preventing the agent with entrepreneurial vent to venture into . With Team 1, a call center agent with a small savings of about P10,000 can already start a home based call center business.

“You don't build trust by talking about it. You build it by achieving results, always with integrity and in a manner that shows real personal regard for people with whom you work.”

- John C. Maxwell

Leadership 101, What Every Leader Needs to Know

Why would a call center agent be attracted to the idea? Operating a call center at home has some advantages for an agent:

The agent saves on the cost of transportation, food and clothing. An agent can even work wearing simple and comfortable house clothes such as T-shirts and shorts.

2. The agent avoids the danger of working outside the home at night since call center work are mostly d during night shifts because of time z differences with Western countries.

3. The idea of “being your own boss” can be attractive for an agent since the working conditions at call centers are quite stiff for the enterprising and independent-minded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 months pa lang akong tech support agent kaya happy pa ako dito sa work ko... :evil:

after a couple of months lets wait and see. nahahalata ko sa call center parang may comparison sa isang professional nba team. sa dati kong pinagwoworkan na call center balita ko maraming tl ang nag resign dahil na offeran ng magandang offer ng isang bagong call center. well thats life. good luck na lang sa mga nagwowork sa call centers.

kahit naman anong trabaho eh pag araw araw mong ginagawa eh nakaksawa. ganun naman talaga. :)

I couldn't agree with you more.

ang maganda lang sa ganitong profession mataas ang salary as compared to the normal employee. pero walang growth sa ganitong profession. at wala kang natutunan. thats just my opinion.

Para sa kin kung feeling mo stagnant, LOI, volunteer, magpaka-bibo. Sa dinami ng kakompitensha sa floor, dapat may rason sila para piliin ka. Besides, politics has a lot to do with it. (I use the word politics not as something bad but something neutral, depende kung paano mo gagamitin.)

yup.. im happy with my work.. not happy with my pay..

Lost ka ata. Ngayon ko lang narinig yan.

i'm happy with my work.. but i'm kinda annoyed with some people i'm working with.. how do you guys handle working with people you don't like?

You can't escape this. Kahit saan may makakasalubong ka talagang hindi mo trip.

happy with my job?

'course!..i'm a model..i walk..get dressed up or down..hahaha..

and get to swing a lil' :P ..and hrmm..still get paid..:D

Parang gusto mo lang sabihin na model ka. Para sa model, medyo mababa ata yung self-confidence mo kaya gusto mo magcompensate.

im happy that i've resigned. ayaw ko na rin mag work sa call center. time consuming at draining ung trabaho. talagang susulitin ka.

Susulitin ka talaga. Ganyan talaga. Ang suggestion ko, kung feeling mo sinusulit ka... sulitin mo rin sila. And this is true for everything and not just for Call Centers.

2 months pa lang akong tech support agent kaya happy pa ako dito sa work ko... :evil:

Good luck bro... Wag ka magpadala sa mga negative sa floor para nde ka mabugnot. Masaya naman talaga mga tao sa atin eh. Well nde siguro lahat pero marami-rami na rin.

Guest airmax

i used to work for a call center. ang call center pede mong ihambing sa isang professional basketball team. ang bilis ng turn over ng tao. nalaman ko na ung OM namin dati nagresign na at lumipat sa ibang call center. tapos 10 team leaders sa call center namin dati ang lilipat sa ibang call center. im glad im not working here anymore. first and last time ko ng magwork sa call center at di ko na uulitin ulit.

Guest airmax

"Call center"

Mataas na sweldo, magaan na trabaho, no age limit at hindi rin kailangang college graduate. Ang tanging requirement, ganda ng boses at galing sa pagsasalita. 'Ika nga ng iba, "in" ka kapag nasa call center ka. Pero paano kung ang kapalit ng magadnang sweldo at iba't ibang benepisyo, ay ang kanilang kalusugan at kaligtasan?

That is the article at abs-cbsnews.com about their feature in The Correspondents about call centers and their employees.

Sad to say, Gigi Grande and the producers who conceptualized the said episode was not able to capture the truth behind call centers and their employees.

magaan na trabaho -- this is a misconception that a lot of people have about call centers. this is work, serious work and not playtime. as call center agents we are the frontliners of some of the biggest companies around the world. we handle their first line of defense for their businnes, Customer Service. we Filipinos who work in call centers represent these companies to their consumers and we filipinos can spell the success or downfall of these business just on how we deal with their consumers 24/7 and that is not an easy task. the reason why call centers thrive in the philippines is because filipinos have good customer service skills. we are professional workers and we give everything a 100%. i salute all the call center employees who make this feat possible. it means jobs and job security to the filipinos who wanted to work in their own country.

no age limit -- because call centers are equal opportunity employers. they do not set limitations to people's ability to work. it is only here in the philippines where we put an age limit to applications. it really does not matter what age the applicant is as long as they can still deliver quality performance. it is called diversity.

hindi rin kailangang college graduate - for cheap call centers maybe, not for the big ones. we encourage our applicants to finish college first before applying. they may also be assisted through schedule requests if they want to continue studying while still employed.

Ang tanging requirement, ganda ng boses at galing sa pagsasalita -- for radio stations yes. not for call center. we are not DJs. we also require high IQ and intelligence in call centers. For example, Wil Ison, the 24 yo manager who was featured in The Correpondents. You did not even applaude him for reaching that position in such a young age. if he was employed in a bank, he will only become a manager if he kissed enough bossess ass or because he is already 50 years old. People like Wil were promoted because they are good employees. Most of the call centers have internal application processes that enables the employees to apply for higher position highliting their performance and capabilities and not who their friends are and whose ass they just wiped.

'Ika nga ng iba, "in" ka kapag nasa call center ka. - this is not a fad. we are working, we pay our taxes, we are productive citizens of this country. we chose to stay and earn here in our own country rather than go abroad and contribute to the brain drain. we earn a lot beacuse we work hard. we are thankful for the good education we were provided by our parents that gave us the competencies we have now. we are working for multinational companies and we get promoted. most of us 21-30 years old and we are managers, supervisors and senior managers.

we may not be doctors or lawyers but at least we are not corrupt. we are productive and we make sure that our families and our future families will not be included with the uneducated, paid rallyists in EDSA, who do not even understand why they are there. we are not a burden to the government, they should even be thankful because it is our tax, the middle class tax, that makes it possible for the Philippines to stay alive.

instead of potraying us as obese, smoking insomiacs....why not thank us? applaude our achievements, be proud that we are very good with what we do that's why investors come in to the philippines. ask the government to provide security to the employees who have different schedules from the normal 9-5 workers? ask them to take care of us and in return we will work harder, show the companies that it is worth investing in the philippines, we will continue to pay our taxes and slowly but surely help our country progress.

Menice Yap

Call Center Supervisor

Pasig City

If you're not happy with your work as a call center rep, then the job's not for you. You might do better in a different industry. If you're just staying just because of the pay, then you've got to give what your company's paying you. If you don't see yourself staying long, then just try to save up so you'll have the moolah to tide you over the period you're in between jobs or better to have a new job even before resigning.

The feature made by The Correspondents didn't actually tackle everything what a call center agent is. Sana dito na lang sila nag-research, nasagot pa mga questions nila :lol:

The Call Center industry gave millions of Filipinos jobs that for many years, no other industry has provided. If you're qualified, then you're in. Just look at those people enrolling in Call Center Schools which I think is a scam, just to be employed in one.

In our country, there's only so much opportunity given out to let one be happy with their jobs. Strive harder so you'll get promoted & don't have to answer calls from idiotic, stupid Americans who look down at us as mere telephone operators. But I'm glad they're there because if not for them, we don't have jobs, so pray for more of them :lol:

I love my job as a tech support rep, used to be just a customer service rep. If I feel bored, I rest, that's why you have vacation or sick leaves. If I don't like my TL, I just make sure I pass all metrics. If I have a complaint, I rant & rave my head off until I get tired then I'm back to normal. If I get pissed off by a stupid caller, I push the mute button, kalampag sa work station & utter the most crisp PUT@NG!N@ ever, then get back to the customer with my sweetest voice ever. Ang plastic noh? :lol:

Still, it's the friends you make along the way that keeps you going & coming to work everyday. The calls are just a respite from your never-ending chikahan, davah???? The pay, got no complaints because I still get more than an average employee does. Kung mayaman lang ako, I won't work a single day of my life but I'm not so I have to work to live.

Whatever your work is, love it, so you'll become productive. Don't drag yourself to work everyday because you won't enjoy it. Try to think of a thing that would inspire you to go to work. 'Pag nagsawa ka na dun, iba naman. Parang boyfriend, palitan na 'pag yun at yun lang palaging nakakain. Ayyyyy Maaaaallllliiiiii!!!! Parang food pala, diba nakakaumay 'pag yun palagi??? Hahaha :lol: Love you, baby :wub: Pramis, it doesn't apply to me!!! :boo:

Seriously, basta!!! Love your work :thumbsupsmiley: