Psychological Disorders

Petronus

• 2 months later...

Im one of the few who dislikes to associate with neighbors. I want to be left alone and I am very much disinterested in knowing their personal affairs or their skeletons in a closet. The only thing I want to preserve and protect are my vested legal rights which I believe is the interest of the greater majority. In other words, im the type of person na, "wag mo ko pakialaman at hindi kita pakikialaman", "bahala ka sa buhay mo bahala na ako sa buhay ko". After a brief introduction of my preference not to mingle with my neigbhors. This is my question:

Why do some neighbors claim a right which does not belong to them? For example, I have placed a barbed wire fence on one of our lots in a subdivision with a HUGE sign of NO TRESPASSING. But one of my neighbors replaced their old iron gate and the idiot placed the old gate to our lot. WTF! so I asked him to remove it since the property is private but while they are removing it naka pamewang pa at nakasimangot ang tadong kapitbahay. ANother incident in one of our house at Makati which we inherited from our lola. A neighbor frequently or habitually parked his cars in front of my lola's house. Pinababayaan lang ni lola. But as soon as we have taken over we asked him to remove his cars and park it in front of his house instead. In reply, nagalit pa ang gago. Kesyo ano ba ang ginagawa ng kotse niya sa bahay namin. Kesyo kami ba ang mayari ng kalye. To cut the story short, a settlement was reached in the conciliatory proceedings in our barangay only the time when we threatened to sue him (wala palang pang korte ang gago). I have other horrific confrontation stories with my neighbors who insist on overstepping on someone else's rights. I mean do we have to even go through an arbitration process just to know that parking habitually in front of your neighbor's house is against good customs?

Im not asking what to do legally coz I already know what to do with neighbors with unruly behavior. But what explanation can psychology offer to this demented type of people? Mga tipong Alam mo na ngang mali ka ikaw pa ang galit. I just want to know what part of sociological psychology or human behavioral science or whatever could explain why they act that way?

Im not saying that the world is against me, but I commend my neighbors who mind their own affairs in return I mind my own. I would also like to reiterate that I have no intentions to be sociable with anyone in my neighborhood. I have lots of work to do. I just want to mind my own business or they should mind their own business. WALANG PAKELAMANAN.

• 2 months later...
Guest lustfortravel
For mental disorders such as Bipolar or Manic Depressive Disorder.

Should a patient go to a Psychiatrist or a Psychologist?

for bipolar disorder, you need both. a psychiatrist is for the medical side, since the patient needs to have certain meds prescribed ( the drug they use effectively at the moment is seroquel). it is the psychiatrist who will determine the dosage and the frequency, depending on the evaluation.

you also need a clinical psychologist who will handle the counseling - normally,there are certain emotional issues which needs to be addressed in order to heal.

they normally work as a team if you want recovery. but it will take time and patience. it also helps to have a support group like family and close friends who understand the symptoms and can help the patient get through certain attacks.

( you learn a lot in oprah's shows ....... :P )

seriously, the doctors in this thread might be able to clarify if the above suggestions are correct.

• 3 weeks later...

is xanex available here in the PI?

I have acces to Prozac 20. Well actually I have 2 with me right now but Im kind of afraid to use it. Baka ma Heath Ledger ako....

At times I get depressed but not always.

And does anybody know what the effect of drinking 10mg + vodka do?

Im really looking for an instant "goodnight sleep".

• 3 weeks later...

I have acces to Prozac 20. Well actually I have 2 with me right now but Im kind of afraid to use it. Baka ma Heath Ledger ako....

not a good idea to take it without prescription..common mistakes of patients to take meds as heard or as previously prescribed...physicians diagnose and dispense medications that is appropriate for a particular case which includes proper dosage and adjustments of drug dose...alcohol may accentuate the actions of some drugs that may lead to sudden fluctuations in bodily functions that will do harm or even cause death...and also not al doctors can dispense all kinds of drugs..they even have to take special examinations in order to prescribe drugs that are controlled by the government..

any comments/reactions to my post are acknowledged

i have this problem of sweaty hands, very sweaty when i get too excited or get nervous. i think i got it from my childhood from the habit of wanting to get my hands and feet wet all the time until i developed it from sweating it myself. is there cure for this?

• 2 weeks later...
i have this problem of sweaty hands, very sweaty when i get too excited or get nervous. i think i got it from my childhood from the habit of wanting to get my hands and feet wet all the time until i developed it from sweating it myself. is there cure for this?

i guess you are suffering from hyperhidrosis. you could go to a dermatologist to solve your concern because they are the ones expert in this issue.

to feel the effect of Prozac, it should be taken everyday for at least 1 week. it is not as dangerous as valium. almost half of the people in the US take Prozac because it also relieves stress. it is also called the "happy pill". it is not advisable to take prozac with vodka. for an instant good night sleep, take valium or dormicum. i would suggest that you go to a psychiatrist as each person is different and the adverse reaction of this medicince might not be suited for your body.

Edited by betloger
  • 2 months later...

hmmm...taking fluoxetine or prozac for feeling lonely or depressed? go to the non-pharmacologic way....go to the roots. yun prozac o alcohol mo parang band aid lang....not really targeting the roots of the problem..

learn to manage stress....learn to relax and let go of things out of your control. try to pray or meditate o talk to someone. have some exercise and enough sleep.

learn to cope up with stress and your problems. well it is easier said than done, but it is worth it.

wow....talk about touching lives :D

....so where do i get to buy Prozac again? available ba yan sa mercury? over the counter ba yan? how much kaya? and ano pa ba ibang anti-depressant na over the counter lang? anyone? :blink:

hehe may prescription yun eh...pero its better pa rin yun non-pharmacologic way of treating depression. pwera lang kung major depression na case mo or may suicidal tendency ka na, yan kelangan na ng gamot.

inom ka ng gatas..may mga compounds or chemicals yun na nakakagaan ng mood kasi napapataas sya ng serotonin (brain chemical or neurotransmitter for happiness).

learn to cope up with stress,,,mga stress management techniques.

is ther any medicine that can treat obsessive compulsive disorder?

hmmm...mga anxiolytics...pero kailangan pa ng reseta.

pero dont rely on meds to much as much as possible.

is ther any medicine that can treat obsessive compulsive disorder?

hmmm ...anxiolytics....pero kailangan ng reseta.

try not to use meds to much...go non pharmacologic way first. baka kasi kulang lang self confidence mo. obscessive compulsive disorder kasi ay dahil din sa sobrang anxiety.

• 3 months later...

considered BIPOLAR DISORDER ba kung ung tao is nagiging mabait at a certain period of time, then biglang iinit ang ulo

at magagalit? minsan ung galit na un may kasama pang tremors. hahaha

and i think, pag nagwawala siya, im thinking of putting rin conduct disorder dahil

d lang ordinary nagwawala, pero may kasamang pagmumura, at physical harm. ..

at minsan nangbabato ng mga gamit..

kasi im not yet sure of may report about sa case ng patient ko sa mental since bago palang

aq and ojt ko. :(

help :(

considered BIPOLAR DISORDER ba kung ung tao is nagiging mabait at a certain period of time, then biglang iinit ang ulo

at magagalit? minsan ung galit na un may kasama pang tremors. hahaha

and i think, pag nagwawala siya, im thinking of putting rin conduct disorder dahil

d lang ordinary nagwawala, pero may kasamang pagmumura, at physical harm. ..

at minsan nangbabato ng mga gamit..

kasi im not yet sure of may report about sa case ng patient ko sa mental since bago palang

aq and ojt ko. :(

help :(

sounds right but you have to make sure that your patient has been having symptoms for the past 6 months na... baka di pa siya pasok sa criteria ng DSM-IV for bipolar disorder...

nurse ka ngayon sa mental?

I have a question, and I have no idea if this is the place to ask it or not, so I apologize in advance if this doesn't belong in this thread.

Sometimes I think I might have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have some weird tendencies. I spell out words in my head and I have to group the letters in groups of three. If something I spell in my head doesn't have a number of letters that is divisible by three, I add another word to make the total number of letters divisible by three. Does that make any sense to anyone? I know it sounds really weird.

Another thing I do is that I have to take an even number of steps on one type of surface. For example, if I'm walking on pavement and then step onto grass, I have to make sure that I've taken an even number of steps on the pavement first because if I haven't it means that one foot has taken more steps on the pavement than the other foot has and it feels uneven to me.

Does it sound like I might have OCD? Or am I just weird?

Cohengal and me are same,

is this OCD or we're just weird,

in my case i add the vowels and value each of them a=1 e=2 i=3 etc, then if i add it the total should be 5, if it's not i will add a word to have a total of 5.

same with the steps, i need to have even number of steps example 2 left foot steps on this tile, i also need to have 2 right foot steps.

please answer if you know what this is. thanks.

this can also be OCD since there are people that can use their tendency to be OC in a productive way. In the way they do certain things in certain ways that would other wise under normal circumstances easily pass the criteria set forth by normal individuals without OCD. It loke channeling your tendencies in a productive way

• 1 month later...

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

A person with obsessive-compulsive disorder have either obsessions, or compulsions, or both. The obsessions and/or compulsions are strong enough to cause significant distress in their employment, schoolwork, or personal and social relationships. This includes: anankastic neurosis, obsessional neurosis and obsessive-compulsive neurosis

The person has obsessions or compulsions, or both.

Obsessions. The patient must have all of:

Recurring, persisting thoughts, impulses or images inappropriately intrude into

awareness and cause marked distress or anxiety.

These ideas are not just excessive worries about ordinary problems.

The person tries to ignore or suppress these ideas or to neutralize them by thoughts

or behavior.

There is insight that these ideas are a product of the patient's own mind.

Compulsions. The person must have all of:

The person feels the need to repeat physical behaviors (checking the stove to be sure it is off, hand washing) or mental behaviors (counting things, silently repeating words).

These behaviors occur as a response to an obsession or in accordance with strictly applied rules.

The aim of these behaviors is to reduce or eliminate distress or to prevent something that is dreaded.

These behaviors are either not realistically related to the events they are supposed to

counteract or they are clearly excessive for that purpose.

During some part of the illness the patient recognizes that the obsessions or compulsions are unreasonable or excessive.

The obsessions and/or compulsions are associated with at least 1 of:

Cause severe distress.

Take up time (more than an hour per day).

Interfere with the patient's usual routine or social, work or personal functioning.

The symptoms are not directly caused by a general medical condition or by substance use, including medications and drugs of abuse.

Some of the most prevalent compulsions are:

Repeated checking of doors, locks, electrical appliances, or light switches.

Frequent cleaning of hands or clothes.

Strict attempts to keep various, personal items in careful order.

Mental activities that are repetitious, such as counting or praying.

psychnet-uk for more info regarding OCD

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

what is the psychological disorder of a person who likes attention even if it is negative attention? lets say that person always needs the attention of others and when that person doesnt get it, that person actually causes trouble just for people to notice and interact with her?

what is the cure for a peson who has sex with anyone, and i mean anyone, because sex with anyone gives them a sense of self worth and acceptance?

what is the disorder of a person and what is the cure for someone who never admits wrongdoing and just wants everyone to accept what that person did because what was done is "alreay in the past" ? person claims to have never broken any of the ten commandments, will never admit anything, will ask for proof such as video footage but is almost impossible to acquire, goes to mass thinking that it has cleansed them, has friends who dont know each other and dont know the same things about that person, asks for forgiveness but never saying exactly for what (patawarin niyo na ako kung may nagawa man akong kasalanan), and lies and repeats the sins over and over again and asks for forgiveness the same way over and over again and the cycle goes on.

all of the above are exhibited by one person only. i apologize for the long description and questions but actually these are just some and not complete descriptions of a single person i know. i would really like to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist regarding this because my mind is boggled by such incredible attitude and thinking this person exhibits.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SCHIZOPRENIC

siguro yun yung mga malala na talaga...but as in my case...

...i dunno...there really must something wrong w/ me...i actually experience/ still experiencing those symptoms... and yes i'm completely aware...and it worries me alot...promise...i'm not making things up...would you be cutting yourself every now and then if you were normal???

would you?....and the rest of the other symptoms....mangyayari ba lahat sayo yun kung walang problema sa sarili mo??? talaga???....s@%t pasensya na...nag papalibre lang talaga ako sa consultation :P ...la akong pambayad sa shrink eh...haha :D ...tsaka...yun nga...ayoko lumabas ng bahay....( and this one...lumalala na talaga sya...i swear!)

kaya pala saksakan ka na ng puti hija. :hypocritesmiley:

pano mo ba malaman kung may multi personality disorder ka na?

malalaman ba nyang meron na syang MPD?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Docs, tanong lang ako.

1. Ang general epilepsy po ba hereditary?

2. Ang epileptic bang tao ay "insane"? pareho ba yan ng mga "demented"?

3. Are epileptic people capable of in-depth thinking?

4. Are they in greater danger if they give birth?

thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest lustfortravel
may nabibilihan ba nyang prozac na yan without prescription?

as far as i know, none. the doctor who prescribes it must have a dangerous drug license and the pharmacy has to register the purchase.