Looking For A 24-hour Gym

I'll ask one of the freelancers in eclipse who was a former planet infinity member

He said it's not like our equipment. They don't have rubber floors or a great deal of free weights. It is, more or less, like FF...especially now that they hired a former FF manager as their OIC or some other form of manager.

• 2 weeks later...
Eclipse Fitness Center!!! Yeah!!! The place is the best i've seen so far... Nagpunta ako last week, nagtanong-tanong... Ganda nung place... I just can't decide kung tutuloy akong mag-enroll dahil medyo constricted ang budget ko ngayon... Pero maganda dun sigurado...

is there parking near? traffic?

• 2 months later...
what time ba magandang pumunta sa Planet infinity? yung may makikita ako na mga chicks na nakaswimsuit sa pool. :boo:

They are not 24 hours anymore other than Monday and Tuesday, and closed Sunday. According to a member, you MUST pay Php100 to rent a towel to use the pool. You cannot bring your own towel. There is a really ugly thread written by a very angry former member in another discussion forum.

We (Eclipse) are too far and don't consider them to be a competitor. I'm just relaying this so you are aware that many of their policies have changed.

They are not 24 hours anymore other than Monday and Tuesday, and closed Sunday. According to a member, you MUST pay Php100 to rent a towel to use the pool. You cannot bring your own towel. There is a really ugly thread written by a very angry former member in another discussion forum.

We (Eclipse) are too far and don't consider them to be a competitor. I'm just relaying this so you are aware that many of their policies have changed.

I called in yesterday and I was told that the pool fee was 350 ph inclusive of a towel robe and slippers.

sir, what forum is this? I want to know so I won't make the mistake of enrolling in Infinity in the future

Is there a gym near Mabini Street and United Nations Street, near the City Garden Hotel that I can use on a daily basis without getting charged hotel rates?

I am a member of Fitness First in another country, but I think one FF in Manila is too far from where I am staying.

Where can I get protein bars and protein powder?

Many thanks,

-q

I dunno if the mods will close this thread soon, but for the meantime, I'll give an answer.

There's one along Mabini but I don't think it's near United Nations. It's actually in the corner of Mabini and Quirino. If you won't mind having a short trip riding a jeep or a cab, it will be worth going to this gym.

www.eclipsegym.com

With regards to protein powders/bars, you can easily find a supplement store in any of the malls around your area. Also, I think there are at least 2 supplement dealers in the forum. Just look in the supplements thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a gym near Mabini Street and United Nations Street, near the City Garden Hotel that I can use on a daily basis without getting charged hotel rates?

I am a member of Fitness First in another country, but I think one FF in Manila is too far from where I am staying.

Where can I get protein bars and protein powder?

Many thanks,

-q

theres a fitness first at robinsons place manila bro.. just a few blocks away from mabini and united nations in manila :cool:

But its not 24/7 and it doesn't offer what we have to offer

Of course I'll get slammed for saying this, but FF Robinsons is a combination of a gay bath-house and a group exercise super-center. It is not a place for strength training or athletic conditioning. Eclipse vs. Fitness First are two completely different entities....plus we are open past 10pm when FF is already closed.

Is there such a gym? Baka may alam kayo, medyo erratic kasi ang work schedule ko... Thanks!

Heheheh! Ako pala ang gumawa ng thread na ito... Nakalimutan ko na to ah... :D

Well, after two years (and it took me two years! but considering the location and economics, of course! heheheh!), I have found one such gym and Im previledge to work out in it... Its the BEST GYM I have ever been to!!! (pardon my partiality, heheheh). :cool:

That goes to show that the concept is relatively new here in the Philippines and I hope that next year when the Eclipse branch in Mandaluyong opens, it would be just the same as that of the one in Mabini. :thumbsupsmiley:

Happy 2-yr anniversary 4 u... Glad u found what ur looking for

Heheheh! Ako pala ang gumawa ng thread na ito... Nakalimutan ko na to ah... :D

Well, after two years (and it took me two years! but considering the location and economics, of course! heheheh!), I have found one such gym and Im previledge to work out in it... Its the BEST GYM I have ever been to!!! (pardon my partiality, heheheh). :cool:

That goes to show that the concept is relatively new here in the Philippines and I hope that next year when the Eclipse branch in Mandaluyong opens, it would be just the same as that of the one in Mabini. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 8 months later...