I Got Spyware In My Pc!

help! i got this trojan horse generic14.DBI that keeps popping up on my AVG free, but everytime i remove it or move it to the vault, it keeps coming back!

What can I do please help

can you post more information please like the log file of AVG that contains the location of the infection..

but based on my experience, it could jst be a temp file or a restore point..

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are tons of free and paid Spyware Removal tools out there. Some of which i have come across are SuperAntispyware. The Cleaner, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spyware Doctor, Ad-Aware by Lavasoft and the list goes on. but what do you personally use and found to be effective?

bro try this :http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

-just run a quick scan.... this will fix the problem

this may or may not work

some of those viruses could disable .exe (that include you cannot install any programs)

if you could still install programs, then thats good.

if not, i usually do it manual removal

i'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but, here goes...

my pc has been the target of an increased number of 'intrusion attempts' as reported by norton. my question is, what have i probably done to have induced this increase? and what could i do to keep my pc even more secure other than having norton up and running.

• 2 months later...

i'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but, here goes...

my pc has been the target of an increased number of 'intrusion attempts' as reported by norton. my question is, what have i probably done to have induced this increase? and what could i do to keep my pc even more secure other than having norton up and running.

Intrusion attempts are like the daily dose of gamma rays as Norton Antivirus is like watching a show about the Sun in the Discovery Channel. It's been there all along, it's only now that you are made aware of it.

It has nothing to do with you being you but by the fact that you are using a networked computer. You can only be safe if you unplug your computer from the network.

Unplugging is not an option for many as do I. But, I have a few tricks of my own to give that terrorist hacker a hard time.

1. Create at least two user accounts on your Windows machines. One is an administrator type account and one is user-only type account. Do all your administrative work using the administrative account, for example, installation of third-party software, registration of apps, Windows configuration changes, other activities affecting Windows runtime DLL components. etc. Do all your no-brainer stuff like word processing, surfing the internet, checking your facebook account, downloading torrents, etc, using you user-only type account. This strategy will stop a significant amount of malware from changing any of your applications. The most a hacker can do is just take a peak at your data; but, they will be never be able to install or alter any part of your Windows operating software. Norton don't tell you this because they want you to buy their product. Most novice users only have one account and it is administrator type (and they surf the net using this account... lol). That's the reason hackers thrive, there are many security-"dumb" users.

2. Install free antivirus software such as Windows Defender and clamwin (of course use your administrator account). Also regularly update your Windows software using Windows Update. You will get the latest and greatest security fixes from Microsoft itself.

3. Enable your firewall from the router/modem. Install firewall software on your PC if you have the money.

4. One advice most people will never heed is: Throw away your PC and buy a Mac.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my files got infected by a virus it changed my image files to an application .exe became the extension of my files.. i run malwarebytes but it did not detect the virus, also how can i change my file back to its original extension?

Googled your issue and here's what I found out:

Souce: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Virus_and_Spyware/Anti-Virus/Desktop_Anti-Virus/Q_25007321.html

Run Flash Disinfector-Quote from this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t229158.html

Download and Run FlashDisinfector

You may have a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.

* Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.

* Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.

Note: Some security programs will flag Flash_Disinfector as being some sort of malware, you can safely ignore these warnings

* The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.

* Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.

* Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.

After that scan the possible infected machine and that usb device with your anti-virus software and with Malwarebytes

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...