Are You Good At Small Talk?

Larry

most of the time yes. i'm fairly talkative. make that VERY talkative. given that everything is normal then you can throw me anywhere anytime and i can usually find something to talk about with that person. but also give that the other person is normal and not some major KJ:D

Guest lustfortravel

i normally am good at small talk. but there are just certain situations when it seems awkward to even engage in small talk.

for instance, i once accompanied a friend to his clinical psychologist ( he was under a lot of stress lately) and since i had no business inside the doctor's office, i sat in the waiting room. the next patient came in and sat beside me. which made me wonder: how do you make small talk inside a psychologist's office? you can't say something like " anong sakit mo? bipolar? ay talaga? yung friend ko naman, schizo". :P

Easier said than done...but I think the key to small talk is to make him/her comfotable enough to do most of the talking. Try to come off genuinely interested in what he/she has to say. I think people would prefer to talk than listen and knowing how to create a situation where they feel they have the liberty to yap away is a skill one must possess to engage in successful small talk.

When I want to, I can. In most cases though, I like to be left alone... I despise having to make small talk when I'm on the Metro Bus or when I'm standing in line somewhere... But at parties, functions, etc., I find that it's pretty easy.

Also, if I find that I have nothing in common with a person or if I find that we have nothing to talk about, I move on.

• 2 months later...
Depends on the one i'm talking to - meaning - hindi ako magaling sa small talk.hehe tips guys?

Kung gusto mo, basahin mo ang front page ng newspaper bago ka lumabas ng bahay. :thumbsupsmiley:

Depende sa tao at sa topic. Kung mga tipong usapang NBA/DotA, ayos naman. Pero kung hindi ko gusto ang kausap ko, kelangan na lang maging polite. Di ba?