Guest lustfortravel
Whenever I go to the Philippines I never drink anything with Ice in it. I usually order bottle water, coke, C2 or SMB light I just drink it out of the bottle just to be on the safe side.

i should have learned this lesson several years ago when i got hospitalized for typhoid fever after a trip to manila. the doctors were stumped as to what was causing my erratic high fever and chills which didn't respond to certain antibiotics, until one of them suggested a typhedat exam ( i hope i got that right). they never entertained the possibility of typhoid since the only place i had been two weeks earlier was metro manila. in fact , after the test results came in and they had to put me in antibiotics they use on cancer patients, the doctor in charge of infectious diseases came in the room and ask me if i drank any water straight from the tap and i said no. i only ordered from reputable restaurants and would drink coke...but with ice in the glass.

after that incident, i would always request the restaurant to skip with the ice. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hmm... how safe?? well sa house kc we used mineral water to make ice sa fridge, sure na safe yon pero kung sa labas, well thats another story na

usually pag sa mga restos na may pangalan naman safe yon, kc if not, sila rin masisira sa mga customers nila... pero kung sa mga sidewalks naku 50/50 yan

about dun sa bacteria naman, meron kc bacteria na nabubuhay sa malamig at namamatay sa init and vice versa :huh:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

im calling this "study" BS ... im with the guy who said "would you rather drink toilet water in the resto than chew the ice on your KFC ice tea?"

the kid better demonstrate it with a youtube video where he's drinking toilet water in his local Mcdo, until then, the findings are BS... i have been drinking bacteria-laced ice for years now, and nope... not dying, not getting amoebiasis.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...