The Best Ncaa / Uaap Team

Jasonkidd

If Kobe and Ricci were there, the Maroons would probably be champs. But as we speak, UP does not have a puncher's chance of beating Ateneo.

UP, with ricci and kobe, will definitely be odds on favorite to win it all. add juan to team up with these two, it's gonna be a headache for opposing teams. but like you've said chief, season 81 muna.

If Kobe and Ricci were there, the Maroons would probably be champs. But as we speak, UP does not have a puncher's chance of beating Ateneo.

UP, with ricci and kobe, will definitely be odds on favorite to win it all. add juan to team up with these two, it's gonna be a headache for opposing teams. but like you've said chief, season 81 muna.

UP alumni have to be realistic. They're not gonna win it this year. The major advantage of your alma mater, chief, is the coaching of Tab.

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

Have to find an avenue to say this and this is probably where I could say it

Ever since UP won the do-or-die game versus Adamson on Bright's shot, everyone's like "People of the Philippines versus Adamson". Now it'd be "People of the Philippines versus Ateneo". So yeah, it's one hell of a case, truth be told :lol: That, and we all love a feel-good story.

Now, commenting on the basketball side of things. I know this place isn't big on sports so I won't be really too big on analysis but saying that Ricci and Kobe would've tilted the favor on UP's side this year is a total farce. Juan GDL NEEDS the ball. Ricci ballhawks because he is a break-down-defenses-with-my-athleticism type of player. Ditto with Kobe. Kobe'd probably be worse given that he's never participating even with Team B games. UP's synergy of going with its guards (Juan facilitating, Paul Desiderio scoring as needed, the inspired play from Diego Dario the last few games) would be a relatively big shift come next year given that it intends to work with wing guys by then. So yeah, I'm hoping UP wins it this year albeit all the odds because next year's gonna be hard, especially with rejigging teams

You aren't big on analysis but, in the next breath, you break down why Kobe and Ricci aren't good fits for UP. Your guess is as good as mine and I can say your feeble analysis is a farce too. So you are saying that Ricci and Kobe won't play well together because they are ballhawks. So given your feeble analysis, Ricci was also not a fit for DLSU because he is a ballhawk, yet, he won one championship because he is a ballhawk and not a team player. Wait for the two to play for UP before saying that someone's statement is a farce because I just exposed why your analysis is a joke.

I detest the fact that Ricci, DLSU's best local player in my opinion, ditched DLSU for UP but I have to give credit where credit is due. Ricci is one talented basketball player and the Philippines' version of Kyrie Irving. Don't be bitter because Ricci left DLSU for UP.

Edited by will robie

* If I was bitter, I would've been on Ricci's case on why he REALLY left for UP. But I wasn't

* Have you seen how Kobe played when he was in LSGH? He was with Prince then and his game is built on iso plays. Ricci goes iso too. Same frame, same game.

*La Salle won a championship during Ricci's rookie year, Jeron's last. It wasn't Ricci who brought that chip alone. We had graduating players Thomas Torres and Jason Perkins on that lineup. Veteran savvy to an extent maybe (not sold on some of their "leadership skills" but yeah)

And tbh, your Kyrie Irving comparison just showed that you really are just shooting from the hip with these comments of yours hahahaha

1. Yeah, you are not bitter but you are already sure that Ricci won't be a good fit for UP. Madame Auring, is that you? :lol:

2, So? Ricci already won one championship. Were you already critical of him when he was with DLSU? Or is it just now because of your bitterness because he left for UP? Haha! You can say all you want about Kobe but he is a talented player. Did you ask the coach of LSGH why he made isolation plays for Kobe? The coach made isolation plays for Kobe but that wasn't the only play that LSGH had wherein the other four players would watch Kobe dominate his man one on one. Yes, Kobe had isolation plays made for him in LSGH. What about Terrence Romeo? What about Junemar Fajardo? Don't make it seem that just because a player thrives on isolation plays, the player is a bad fit for a team.

3. The fact is Ricci won a championship as a rotation player and budding superstar. I never said nor implied Ricci was the main reason DLSU won.

4. My Kyrie Irving comparison is a comparison borne out of watching my alma mater's games.

Edited by will robie

Ricci may be able to fit in to that system. Kobe? I dont know. That boy's got an attitude. That superstar mentality wont do UP any good. But it is too early to say that. The best players of the game have the ability to adapt. If my school wont be able to contend next year, I am hoping UP will. #BeatAteneo

Edited by Mihono

Integrating two "supposed" stars into a winning team isn't as easy as it sounds. Some NBA teams even take 20 games to do it and the Maroons don't have the luxury of having as many games. The Maroons will miss Desiderio's leadership, guts and clutch shot-making and might struggle without him in the early going. The key is sustaining their defensive intensity and Rivero and Paras must also contribute on this end.

Still UP's team next year will contend - it would be a major disappointment if they don't even make the Final Four.

ateneo basketball at its finest. just trust in coach tab's system. job well done blue eagles. back-to-back!!! see you at the gesu...and of course the much awaited bonfire :) time to celebrate. it's gonna be hard but let's go for the 3peat! GO ATENEO...OBF!

Edited by junix

ateneo basketball at its finest. just trust in coach tab's system. job well done blue eagles. back-to-back!!! see you at the gesu...and of course the much awaited bonfire time to celebrate. it's gonna be hard but let's go for the 3peat! GO ATENEO...OBF!

Congrats, chief. Now you can tell your coach to coach Gilas and let us in the FIBA-Worlds.

Congrats, chief. Now you can tell your coach to coach Gilas and let us in the FIBA-Worlds.

i'd really love to see coach tab handle the gilas team chief. i'm pretty sure the ateneo community won't mind... basta para sa bayan. can you just imagine if coach tab's system was instilled in the men's national basketball team even before the fiba qualifiers? we should be reaping the fruits by now. honestly, i' d love coach tab to handle a national team composed of kai, aj, ricci, matt, juan gdl, ravena.