Octagon Computer Store Beware

Jun_gats

I would like to inform you guy's about the bad experience that I had lately from OCTAGON COMPUTER STORE. Recently I and my dad bought a printer for our company which was costing P22,500. The printer model is an HP cp 1515. We bought a printer because our old printer needs a replacement which was a monochrome printer. We ended up with the printer because the sales man Jonathan Baribar ensured us that the printer will work even if it has only black ink. We didn't know that this was the case when we found out that it can't function without a complete set of ink. We found out after all the ink was depleted then my father bought a new black toner which of course will not work because it needs 3 more set of ink. I talked to the OIC of OCTAGON MEGAMALL BRANCH and explained everything now I ended up talking to the head office. The contact person in the head office NOEL RONACE. He told me that the salesman should have given us a different model of printer. Not the one we purchased. It's about a month now and NOEL RONACE just keeps on saying that he is still waiting for a decision. He doesn't give any follow up even though he promises that he will follow up. So I know that nothing will happen to our complaint. I called him and confronted him, I told him we bought the printer because our company needs a printer. Now what he promised is just to give us discount on the consumable, which isn't the solution for the problem we have. I also asked him what action have they taken to the salesman, he replied that they did some measures. I again asked him what did they do for us the victim? and he couldn't say anything. So I was really wasn't happy with the result. THIS IS A BIG COMPANY WHICH SHOULD HAVE A GOOD STAFF AND CUSTOMER CARE THAT WILL SERVER THERE CONSUMERS. THIS IS SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Maybe you have to use what they call a Cartridge Out Override (COO). It's basically a way of disabling the sensors of the toner cartridges so that it will continue to function even if it's supposedly empty. I'm not sure about how that particular model's COO is enabled, but here are some samples of how it's done:

Chips can be blocked allowing for maximum yield of all 4 cartridges.Blocking chips will render useless all toner management functions and User realizes exhaustion when quality of print decays.

To block chips press green button for main Menu Menu

•Right arrow to System Configuration, confirm with green button

•Right arrow to Print Quality, confirm with green button

•Right arrow to Substitute Suplies, confirm with green button

•Right arrow to Ignore empty and confirm with green button

Cartridge Out Override can only be enabled from the printer's control panel menu.

1. From the main menu, press (RIGHT ARROW) to System setup and press Check Mark button (SELECT).

2. Press (RIGHT ARROW) to Print quality and press the Check Mark button (SELECT).

3. Press (RIGHT ARROW) to Replace supplies and press Check Mark button (SELECT).

4. Press (RIGHT ARROW) to Override out and press Check Mark button (SELECT).

5. Press (Check Mark button SELECT).

Maybe it will work for you, maybe not. But I hope it helps.

Edited by artvader
Try to write DTI and complain.

or depending on where the store is located, try the business permits department of the LGU and ask if you have remedies there.

you can also write to hp and tell them one of their distrubutors does not know how to sell their products.

Thank you sir. I already wrote an email complain to DTI. I will try the other option you suggested. Thank you very much for you response.

Dude, sometimes it helps to research ahead on the brands you wanna buy especially if its printers. You could view the detailed specs on the company's websites.

Since you already bought the printer, that's another case. But its how I do my shopping. That way, I end up knowing more about the product than the salesman himself.

We gotta face it. Even big companies have crappy salesmen who would lie and give you a pile of bull just to sell and meet their quota.

Everytime some salesman gives me bull, I confront him right away telling him what he said is wrong. . . just so he knows that not every customer is computer illiterate.

but good luck with that case and I urge you to keep pushing for it. These companies ought to be taught a lesson or two.

Dude, sometimes it helps to research ahead on the brands you wanna buy especially if its printers. You could view the detailed specs on the company's websites.

Since you already bought the printer, that's another case. But its how I do my shopping. That way, I end up knowing more about the product than the salesman himself.

We gotta face it. Even big companies have crappy salesmen who would lie and give you a pile of bull just to sell and meet their quota.

Everytime some salesman gives me bull, I confront him right away telling him what he said is wrong. . . just so he knows that not every customer is computer illiterate.

but good luck with that case and I urge you to keep pushing for it. These companies ought to be taught a lesson or two.

Definitely agree with you, I also do my research especially when purchasing tech n gadgets... tapos pag nalaman kong sablay yun sales person sa store ndi ako bumibili sa kanila. Hirap kasi ng return and exchange policy dito sa pinas eh laging kawawa ang consumer... walang return policy, laging exchange lang. eh paano kung walang magandang kapalit or woprthy replacement. Hayyy... hindi rin naman mababago ang ganitong policy kasi it would end up na magpapapalit na lang ng magpapalit ang mga customer.

To the poster, ayun nga ang madaling solusyon dyan eh dalhin mo na sa media ang issue na ito. kasi masisira talaga ang reputation ng company pag nadale sila ng bad publicity. dahil kung hihintayin mo ang DTI good luck... baka dekada na abutin ang aksyon nila dyan.

I bought my current desktop at OCTAGON STA LUCIA. Lucky for me that I did not experience a thing like this. Okay naman makipag-usap ang mga tao nila dun at medyo may product knowledge talaga sila. However, your experience is really terrible. Its your right to complain. Sa tingin ko nga, halos lahat ng mga computer shops mahirap mag-return ng items eh. Octagon, included. So, your complaint would do wonders to the gadget-vendors-industry once its out in the open.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
I would like to inform you guy's about the bad experience that I had lately from OCTAGON COMPUTER STORE. Recently I and my dad bought a printer for our company which was costing P22,500. The printer model is an HP cp 1515. We bought a printer because our old printer needs a replacement which was a monochrome printer. We ended up with the printer because the sales man Jonathan Baribar ensured us that the printer will work even if it has only black ink. We didn't know that this was the case when we found out that it can't function without a complete set of ink. We found out after all the ink was depleted then my father bought a new black toner which of course will not work because it needs 3 more set of ink. I talked to the OIC of OCTAGON MEGAMALL BRANCH and explained everything now I ended up talking to the head office. The contact person in the head office NOEL RONACE. He told me that the salesman should have given us a different model of printer. Not the one we purchased. It's about a month now and NOEL RONACE just keeps on saying that he is still waiting for a decision. He doesn't give any follow up even though he promises that he will follow up. So I know that nothing will happen to our complaint. I called him and confronted him, I told him we bought the printer because our company needs a printer. Now what he promised is just to give us discount on the consumable, which isn't the solution for the problem we have. I also asked him what action have they taken to the salesman, he replied that they did some measures. I again asked him what did they do for us the victim? and he couldn't say anything. So I was really wasn't happy with the result. THIS IS A BIG COMPANY WHICH SHOULD HAVE A GOOD STAFF AND CUSTOMER CARE THAT WILL SERVER THERE CONSUMERS. THIS IS SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.

Let's hope the DTI and HP will give immediate action soon. But as a lesson going forward, the other posters are correct. Do a little research on the equipment and or parts that you will buy for the computer.

• 3 months later...

Also had a terrible experience with Octagon Computers in Mega Mall. My girlfriend bought an Asus UX30 laptop from the said store. She got it for Php 42,500. She was really happy because she wanted this specific laptop. We even bought a HP Laserjet printer. So the product was checked and was set up so she could use it immediately at home. After waiting for an hour the technician was done and he even reminded us to keep the boxes and everything because they have a 7 day replacement warranty just in case of factory defects. After 2 days, she found out that there was something wrong with the LCD. The screen had a round liquid like object. I thought that the LCD was leaking but the picture quality didn't change and after sometime the round liquid would be gone. We didn't have time to go to Octagon during the weekdays so we went back during the weekend. We went there Saturday and was promised that they would replace it tomorrow because we failed to bring the boxes and other freebies that came with laptop. The following day only my girlfriend returned and after talking to the technician she was asked if she dropped the laptop. This pissed her off because they already talked the day before and everything was set. To confirm that it was really a factory defect she was accompanied by the technician to the Asus service center in the same floor. The people at the service center acknowledged that this was a factory defect and this is the 2nd time that they encountered this problem. They went back to the store and after awhile the manager talked to her regarding the replacement but was asked to pay more because the price of the laptop had become Php 45,000. She got even more mad because of this and demanded that she should be given the replacement without any added charges. What happened was, after arguing for sometime, that she would just get a refund because she didn't agree with the terms of the replacement. The manager said it would be given to her in 2 weeks. That really blew her top off because she paid cash for the unit the same day and wanted to get the refund that same day. The manager made calls and after a long time waiting they decided to give her the refund. I also got mad when I heard this and wanted to call DTI to teach these people a lesson. What do you think guys and girls about this experience? What appropriate actions should be taken para hindi na to maulit?

I have bad experiences with hp printers lately.

In my case, it is a brand new printer which I bought from Silicon Valley. The color cartridge break down in less than 2 months - And we did not do any color printing. And we have to replace the color cartridge just to print black & white documents.

Last year, we bought 3 HP printers and we don't have any problems.

Wala nang quality ang HP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...