O-desk.com

• 5 months later...

Been working here for 3 years now as a Graphic Designer / Animator. Sipag at Tyaga lang. Kelangan magaling kang mambola ng foreigner at magaling ka sa trabahong aapplyan mo. Earning $1500 monthly plus mdami pang on the side.

Nakabili ako ng kotse within 1 year. Next target ko bahay na. :) Tyaga lang talaga...

I have a friend who worked as a writer here and was closing 40K every month for a few hours a day. Matagal na kasi siya so matas na yung per hour at per article rate niya. She stopped after a year kasi na-bore daw siya sa bahay. So she actually took a job that paid a bit lower but made her interact personally with co-workers. Tapos she also did not like the off meeting hours with clients from other countries / time zones. Pero if you want to work from home and kung matyaga ka, o-desk is for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Odesk has been both a blessing and a nightmare for an employer like myself.

I've had great contractors who delivered as promised - on budget, on time, and spot-on quality.

And then I've had contractors who were not half as good as their resume/feedback comments say. As soon as I find a contractor Bullshitting me with outrageous progress, i.e., that time a contractor spent over 3 hours coding the social media icons so they change color when you hover-really so simple, I call the bullshit. I do pay for the time, I'm not one to take advantage, but guess who keeps bugging me for jobs now? Cheating gets you small wins, but for long term success, get your s@%t right, work hard, work smart, and work with integrity.

:)

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...

Tried this for a year during its infancy. It's a nice website for freelancers if it works for you but the system can be easily abused by cheaters so employers be very vigilant.

That said, people that have special skills like writing, IT, and etc are the ones who flourish in the freelancing world like o-desk.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine started at oDesk last 2009 as a fresh graduate...and now through perseverance, she was able to built her new house worth 7M, purchase a 2017 fortuner (cash). She is now earning 150K monthly and planning to establish a 711 franchise in her province...

Edited by lynbertvillaabrille
  • 2 years later...