^^ thanks a lot male spud..

what is your own opinion regarding this regenerating insulin-producing cells? suppose you undergo this kind of laser treatment, meron bang mga side effects? and what is the chance of your diabetes getting healed? i tried searching in the net also pero all i see is laser treatment for wounds of diabetes and amputation.

uy! i belong here! recently diagnosed with diabetes..... wala ako magawa since lahat yata ng side ng mom ko meron.....

ok ba yun avandamet? i'm taking a lot of medicines after i was diagnosed. meron crestor, avandamet, fornidd, norplus, and aspirin. any doctors who could explain what these medicines do? meron bang alternative kasi medyo pricey yun ibang medicines

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes type II after a scary incident with me passing out. Di ko alam I've been suffering from diabetes for several years na. My sugar will shoot up and then go dangerously low. I'm glad I've finally found out what was wrong with me kasi for years, I would feel so fatigue.

I'm being treated by a doctor who deals solely on diabetics and a dietician...they work closely together. They worked up a meal plan/goal for me. I was surprised to see that I can still eat my rice, pasta, and bread but the key is moderation, portion, and exercise.

If you've had "too" much carb then they say work it out with exercise. They don't impose strict diet with no carbs at all kasi they said our body needs carbs to function.

So far since I've been diagnosed, my blood sugar has been on the norm range...I do have occasional slip up and it spikes up but that's because I had a can of Pepsi....my weakness and addiction!

And ginagawa ko, I would work out vigourously until my blood sugar is at the norm level again.

Hi!

How and where do you test for diabetes type 2? I undergo annual physical in our company and my blood sugar has always been normal. I just tested positive for glaucoma and i read that it's a symptom of diabetes-

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

How and where do you test for diabetes type 2? I undergo annual physical in our company and my blood sugar has always been normal. I just tested positive for glaucoma and i read that it's a symptom of diabetes-

I do remember reading somewhere that people with diabetes are twice as likely to develop glaucoma as are non-diabetics but I don't think there's enough evidence to support that claim.

Anyway, you may want to have a 75g oral glucose tolerance test done at a lab just to be sure.

• 4 weeks later...
uy! i belong here! recently diagnosed with diabetes..... wala ako magawa since lahat yata ng side ng mom ko meron.....

ok ba yun avandamet? i'm taking a lot of medicines after i was diagnosed. meron crestor, avandamet, fornidd, norplus, and aspirin. any doctors who could explain what these medicines do? meron bang alternative kasi medyo pricey yun ibang medicines

i'm not a doctor but i can give an alternative dahil 2 of the medicines u have mentioned ay gnamit ko na rin and it's true mahal yung Avandamet ang generic name is Glibenclamide nasabi nga ni Smooth T ang gamit sa katawan nun and Gluban ang pwedeng mong ipalit as mentioned by Christina while Fornidd ang generic name is Metformin Hcl and Glucoform ang pwede ipalit. Hope that i was able to help you! :rolleyes:

Edited by vince94
i take glucovance... its a combo of both Glibenclamide & Metformin i think... my doc was just going to prescribe one or the other but considered that they shot me up w/ insulin when i was confined so she decided to give me something of both...

maybe its because its hard to control your blood sugar thats why your doc give you a combination drug to furthe incease the stimulating power to your pancreas to produce insulin.... eventually if your body have a positive reaction to this and your bld sugar can be controlled na maybe your doc will bring you back to a single drug ...

Hi!

When you go for a physical ask your MD to give you a glycohemoglobin test. The results will either confirm that you're either a diabetic or you just need corrective eye surgery. It's not that bad as long as you don't have a nearsighted intern who doesn't know how to properly draw blood. The last time I went in I ended up handing her the vials after drawing my own blood. It hurt less when I found my own vein (7 sec) :thumbsupsmiley: . She kept twisting the needle inside my arm trying to find the vein (40 sec to 1 min) :thumbsdownsmiley: .

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm for the past few years...Diabetes is classified in type 1 and type 2...i was informed by my friend form aust that soon the diabetes types will be obsolete...havent read much though... As for the diabetics...blood sugar control is of great importance...this will be one of the basis of your prognosis..especially in the future..you may be taking drugs at this moment but it would be better if you also have the guts to undergo diet modifications..sadly..uncontrolled blood sugar amidst proper medical treatment will eventually lead to daily insulin administration..in 10 yrs or less.. high sugar levels cause a lot of damages to the body..initially targeting sensitive and thin blood vessels and nerves..this may manifest as eye problems e.g diabetic retinopathy , sensation impairment or vessel problems e.g DVT...its is wise to discuss your treatment options to your doctors including secondary consultations which may include eye doctors,endocrinologists, neurologists or cardio....Commonly filipinos tend to disregard dieting as for they are already taking medications and just depend on the drugs itself but diet is one of the most important aspects in controlling elevated blood sugar...some test are useful in diagnosin and knowing the prognosis of your diabtes.. glycosylated hemoglobin shows the sugar level in the past three months..if it is properly controlled..there are available handy sugar blood level monitoring machines in the market for home use..it is useful in monitoring sugar levels at home without visiting the lab frequently..ask your MD about it..

any comments or reactions to my post are acknowledged

• 3 weeks later...
Uyy, share ko lang may magandang magazine for us diabetics, "diabetease" available sya sa national and sa mga hospitals.

Pwedeng mag join dito..ms. warm vanilla sugar...I was diagnosed with onset of diabetis..nasa lahi namin..bakit ganoon kahit anong gawin nagkaroon parin-excersise, diet non smoker..I ma sure very helpful at informative ang thread na ito..maraming salamat.

• 2 weeks later...
Pwedeng mag join dito..ms. warm vanilla sugar...I was diagnosed with onset of diabetis..nasa lahi namin..bakit ganoon kahit anong gawin nagkaroon parin-excersise, diet non smoker..I ma sure very helpful at informative ang thread na ito..maraming salamat.

sir imho as you have said your strict in maintaining healthy lifestyle..maybe you should revise your "diet" maybe its not that enough..sumtimes patients said to be dieting but only tend to lessen up a bit but still not enough...a consult to a dietician would be helpful to keep in track...and good thing you had your check ups to monitor any health changes..at times...if a patients have a family history or background..it adds to the risk in acquiring the disease...and since you already know that you have diabetes in your family history.. you should be more cautious and be more agressive in maintinaing low blood sugar levels..not by excessive dieting or so but balanced management...your doctor will give advice on this including possible medications to take...regular check ups will be very important at this time to prevent further development of the disease...

any comments/reactions to my post are acknowledged

buti nalang madaming sugarfree na ngayon.

yung mga coke/pepsi? hehe not actually sugar free imho..theyre just using different kinds of sugar that are easily utilized by the body for breakdown unlike the complex sugars used prior to the modification of the product..its a misconception i think to flaunt na no sugar talaga..

any comments or reactions to my post are acknowledged

• 1 month later...

diabetes type 2 is the most common form of dm. before it was purely hereditary but now the main cause is acquired. because of the fastfood, change in lifestyle less regular exercise and balance diet, many people are becoming obese. The major risk factor of having diabetes in obesity. so if we want to avoid having this disease it is btter to always achieve our ideal body weight, eat a balance nutricious food and maintaining a regular exercise program. remember that DM is not curable, it is only controlled. If you have a family bhistory of DM you should be cautious about your weight and lifestyle. you may take herbal supplements like ampalaya plus together with your maintainance medication to maintain your normal blood sugar level.

Try to avail of the free book that ampalaya plus is offerring titled "what you should know about diabetes" and healthy way to filipino diet" it is very informative and very helpful especially in families who have a hard time in preparing food to their Diabetic family member.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want to share this one. Sabi nila 'no-carbs and high fat diet' can rid you of diabetes. But i know the body still need carbo. Not really sure bout this one. It's a "Mens health magazine" article so.... its up to you. :unsure:

I'm a new diabetic. Im gonna try it. glucose at 175 (norm is 105). Results daw in 3 months.

hope it helps. :goatee:

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?s...____&page=5

I want to share this one. Sabi nila 'no-carbs and high fat diet' can rid you of diabetes. But i know the body still need carbo. Not really sure bout this one. It's a "Mens health magazine" article so.... its up to you. :unsure:

I'm a new diabetic. Im gonna try it. glucose at 175 (norm is 105). Results daw in 3 months.

hope it helps. :goatee:

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?s...____&page=5

just would like to add.. being a diabetic whether type 1 or 2.. twhats important is the prompt evaluation and treatment.. the compliance of the patient is very important in the early stages of diabetes.. constant follow ups are needed to adjust doses of the medications.. like for the type 2 or NIDDM, oral medications are helpful in the early stages of the disease but will be different 8-10 yrs after...which more often than not will warrant insulin treatments like in type 1. as for which in type 1 diabetes..insulin treatments are needed daily for proper body functioning..a thing to watch during this treatment is the bouts of hypoglycemia as in cases wherein the patient may get sick or have decrease feeding..this may cause hypoglycemia which is more dangerous than having high blood sugar... the insulin doses are tailored as for the needs of the patient but is not constant like for instance..the patient was not able to tolerate his/her present diet but still compliant to his insulin doses..this is detrimental since most of the patient was not aware that they could get very low sugar..as for this case may be...he should be advised by his/her physician what to do in such situations.. as for this.. the patient may also experience increased blood pressure as a compensatory mechanism due to decreased blood sugar which may be mistaken for just plainly high blood pressure..erroneus diagnosis and treatment will be detrimental to the health of the diabetic.. it is advisable to discuss to your doctors and ask questions regarding this just to make sure what to do in such cases..most patient are shy or was not able to inquire much regarding these things..hth.. just my two cents worth

just would like to add.. being a diabetic whether type 1 or 2.. twhats important is the prompt evaluation and treatment.. the compliance of the patient is very important in the early stages of diabetes.. constant follow ups are needed to adjust doses of the medications.. like for the type 2 or NIDDM, oral medications are helpful in the early stages of the disease but will be....

thanks.

question: the doctor evaluated i have diabetes based on my blood sugar alone and aromatic wee wee. Is that 100 percent sure na diabetic ako or should i get a second opinion. Doctor is a family doctor and a diabetic himself btw.