Are You Happy With Your Work?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest airmax
If you're not happy with your work as a call center rep, then the job's not for you. You might do better in a different industry. If you're just staying just because of the pay, then you've got to give what your company's paying you. If you don't see yourself staying long, then just try to save up so you'll have the moolah to tide you over the period you're in between jobs or better to have a new job even before resigning.

The feature made by The Correspondents didn't actually tackle everything what a call center agent is. Sana dito na lang sila nag-research, nasagot pa mga questions nila  :lol:

The Call Center industry gave millions of Filipinos jobs that for many years, no other industry has provided. If you're qualified, then you're in. Just look at those people enrolling in Call Center Schools which I think is a scam, just to be employed in one.

In our country, there's only so much opportunity given out to let one be happy with their jobs. Strive harder so you'll get promoted & don't have to answer calls from idiotic, stupid Americans who look down at us as mere telephone operators. But I'm glad they're there because if not for them, we don't have jobs, so pray for more of them  :lol:

I love my job as a tech support rep, used to be just a customer service rep. If I feel bored, I rest, that's why you have vacation or sick leaves. If I don't like my TL, I just make sure I pass all metrics. If I have a complaint, I rant & rave my head off until I get tired then I'm back to normal. If I get pissed off by a stupid caller, I push the mute button, kalampag sa work station & utter the most crisp PUT@NG!N@ ever, then get back to the customer with my sweetest voice ever. Ang plastic noh?  :lol:

Still, it's the friends you make along the way that keeps you going & coming to work everyday. The calls are just a respite from your never-ending chikahan, davah???? The pay, got no complaints because I still get more than an average employee does. Kung mayaman lang ako, I won't work a single day of my life but I'm not so I have to work to live.

Whatever your work is, love it, so you'll become productive. Don't drag yourself to work everyday because you won't enjoy it. Try to think of a thing that would inspire you to go to work. 'Pag nagsawa ka na dun, iba naman. Parang boyfriend, palitan na 'pag yun at yun lang palaging nakakain. Ayyyyy Maaaaallllliiiiii!!!! Parang food pala, diba nakakaumay 'pag yun palagi??? Hahaha  :lol: Love you, baby  :wub:  Pramis, it doesn't apply to me!!!  :boo:

Seriously, basta!!! Love your work  :thumbsupsmiley:

kaya nga umalis na lang ako sa work na ito kasi im not happy at all. tama na ung sinubukan kong mag work sa call center. :) at least ngayon masaya na ako sa current work which is running our family business :) :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by airmax

bro...galing ka kasi sa brick & mortar/conventional industry...yun nga lang...its hard to implement the strategies/mindset/experience youve gained in these industries in typical call centers (unless it is related to customer service)...paradigm shift talaga

di na ko masaya sa work ko... may pera ka nga, wala ka naman panahon para gastusin yun...

post ko lang...

[mailto:Gigi_Grande@abs.pinoycentral.com]

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 4:08 AM

To: Evelyn Manaysay

Cc: Joana Buita Anne Esguerra Anna Rodriguez

Subject: Re: THE CORRESPONDENTS

Dear Evelyn,

Thank you for sending me a copy of Menice Yap's

e-mail. I wish I had her e-mail address so that I

could respond to her directly, but

since I don't, perhaps you could forward my e-mail

to her?

First of all, I wonder if Menice actually watched the

entire episode last March 6? The purpose of the

episode was to show both the good side of working

in a call center, as well as the down side. We

wanted to encourage employers to take better care

of employees, but we also wanted aspiring call

center agents to weigh the risks carefully before

joining the industry.

When we said there was "no age limit", and that "a

college diploma is not required", we meant it in a

positive way. Reading Menice Yap's e-mail, it

would appear she was defensive about this. We

think it's great that even Pinoys in their 40s and

50s can get a job in a call center.

And how encouraging that those who don't have

the means to finish a college education STILL have

the opportunity to get a decent, high paying job!

The only way Menice could have misinterpreted

this is if she had not watched the episode. She

also mentioned Wil Ison. If she had watched the

program, she would have seen that we DID

applaud the fact that he was a manager at such a

young age.

When we said "magaang na trabaho"- this was

based on interviews with several call center

representatives ON camera and OFF camera.

Many of them said the most difficult part of the job

was the schedule, as well as speaking with irate

callers- difficulties which we certainly mentioned in

the story. There was no intention to demean the

job of call center agents, nor to dismiss it as

menial. We agree with Menice that intelligence is

essential to the job. NOWHERE in the episode

was the contrary insinuated. In fact, the men and

women we interviewed are all very intelligent.

Again, there was no need for Menice to be

defensive.

And what's wrong with saying that it's "in" to work

in a call center? That's certainly how a good

number of young people feel. That was not meant

to insult. It was just meant to reflect how a good

number of agents feel about working in this

industry. Again she was being defensive when she

said " we are working, we are paying taxes, we

are being productive." We KNOW you are working,

paying taxes and being productive! I don't

understand where Menice Yap's hostility is

comming from. We certainly did not say that ALL

call center agents are "obese smoking

insomniacs". However it IS a FACT that a

growing number of agents have become overweight

or obese, have insomnia, and have begun to

smoke. And this is an issue that agents and

employers should be concerned about! It is also

useful information for those aspiring to work in the

industry.

The final paragraph of Menice's e-mail betrays her

knowledge of the story we presented. She

said, "why not thank us?... ask the government to

provide security to the employees who have

different schedules from the normal 9-5 workers?

ask them to take care of us." Menice, THAT'S

WHAT WE WERE TRYING TO DO !!! In fact, let

me reiterate that our aim was to call attention to

the upside and downside of working in a call

center, and as far as the downside was concerned,

we wanted government and industry employers to

take better care of employees. We're not the

enemy!

Thanks for your time, Evelyn, and I hope this e-

mail somehow finds its way to Menice so that

these issues may be clarified.

Sincerely,

Gigi

kaya nga umalis na lang ako sa work na ito kasi im not happy at all. tama na ung sinubukan kong mag work sa call center. :) at least ngayon masaya na ako sa current work which is running our family business :)  :thumbsupsmiley:

this guy is a nuisance. thread is just asking if it is a yes or no but keeps on blabbing about his regrets on working in a call center. grow up dude. have a peace of mind. you have said your piece but up until now, you're still ranting about how bad you work in call center? how lame. no more after this...

Edited by kharl_kalabaw
post ko lang...

[mailto:Gigi_Grande@abs.pinoycentral.com]

Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 4:08 AM

To: Evelyn Manaysay

Cc: Joana Buita Anne Esguerra Anna Rodriguez

Subject: Re: THE CORRESPONDENTS

Dear Evelyn,

Thank you for sending me a copy of Menice Yap's

e-mail. I wish I had her e-mail address so that I

could respond to her directly, but

since I don't, perhaps you could forward my e-mail

to her?

First of all, I wonder if Menice actually watched the

entire episode last March 6? The purpose of the

episode was to show both the good side of working

in a call center, as well as the down side. We

wanted to encourage employers to take better care

of employees, but we also wanted aspiring call

center agents to weigh the risks carefully before

joining the industry.

When we said there was "no age limit", and that "a

college diploma is not required", we meant it in a

positive way. Reading Menice Yap's e-mail, it

would appear she was defensive about this. We

think it's great that even Pinoys in their 40s and

50s can get a job in a call center.

And how encouraging that those who don't have

the means to finish a college education STILL have

the opportunity to get a decent, high paying job!

The only way Menice could have misinterpreted

this is if she had not watched the episode. She

also mentioned Wil Ison. If she had watched the

program, she would have seen that we DID

applaud the fact that he was a manager at such a

young age.

When we said "magaang na trabaho"- this was

based on interviews with several call center

representatives ON camera and OFF camera.

Many of them said the most difficult part of the job

was the schedule, as well as speaking with irate

callers- difficulties which we certainly mentioned in

the story. There was no intention to demean the

job of call center agents, nor to dismiss it as

menial. We agree with Menice that intelligence is

essential to the job. NOWHERE in the episode

was the contrary insinuated. In fact, the men and

women we interviewed are all very intelligent.

Again, there was no need for Menice to be

defensive.

And what's wrong with saying that it's "in" to work

in a call center? That's certainly how a good

number of young people feel. That was not meant

to insult. It was just meant to reflect how a good

number of agents feel about working in this

industry. Again she was being defensive when she

said " we are working, we are paying taxes, we

are being productive." We KNOW you are working,

paying taxes and being productive! I don't

understand where Menice Yap's hostility is

comming from. We certainly did not say that ALL

call center agents are "obese smoking

insomniacs". However it IS a FACT that a

growing number of agents have become overweight

or obese, have insomnia, and have begun to

smoke. And this is an issue that agents and

employers should be concerned about! It is also

useful information for those aspiring to work in the

industry.

The final paragraph of Menice's e-mail betrays her

knowledge of the story we presented. She

said, "why not thank us?... ask the government to

provide security to the employees who have

different schedules from the normal 9-5 workers?

ask them to take care of us." Menice, THAT'S

WHAT WE WERE TRYING TO DO !!! In fact, let

me reiterate that our aim was to call attention to

the upside and downside of working in a call

center, and as far as the downside was concerned,

we wanted government and industry employers to

take better care of employees. We're not the

enemy!

Thanks for your time, Evelyn, and I hope this e-

mail somehow finds its way to Menice so that

these issues may be clarified.

Sincerely,

Gigi

I didn't get to watch this episode. But the teaser/ad for the epidose turned me off when it said that a call center job was "madali ang trabaho/malaki ang swueldo". I can agree that compared to other industries, the entry level salary in call centers is considerably high. But the job is NOT easy. The initial impression of people of a call center job is simply answering phone calls and doing menial tasks. They fail to see the complexity of the job which entails a rep to solve problems over the phone with callers coming from a different cultural background.

I for one, certainly am very appreciative that this industry developed into what it is now. If I didn't get into the call center industry and pursued work based on my college degree, I would've been a production slave for those media outfits such abs-cbn.

Whatever it is your doin, you may not be enjoying it or not, the important thing is that you have a plan on where yor goin. Got it mapped out in your mind. Mahirap yung wala plano na long term puro pa cute lang paporma porma, pa yosi yosi sa tapat ng bldg nyo,pasibak sibak ng slutty na opismate mo. What is your short term plan( for the next few months),mid term plan(mga next 2 years) and long term plan (5 years and beyond). Do you think na maaachieve mo yung mga bagay na gusto mo? Pag may pamilya ka na..Ano plano mo? Kaya ba ng suweldo mo? kahit na promote ka, tumataas din ang bilihin sumasabay lang. Yung buying power ganun padin. Nadagdagan pa trabaho mo.

You might not be enjoying what your doin but if your gaining experience or connections para sa future plans mo or business venture then ok din.

Think out of the box,dont just limit yourselves to what you know and what you think you're just capable of. Try learning new things. Add knowledge to that piece of flesh in the middle of your ears. The more you know the better, you dont have to master everything. If you know a little of everything, when an opportunity arises at least you have a headstart when you decide on what to pursue.

• 4 weeks later...
I didn't get to watch this episode. But the teaser/ad for the epidose turned me off when it said that a call center job was "madali ang trabaho/malaki ang swueldo". I can agree that compared to other industries, the entry level salary in call centers is considerably high. But the job is NOT easy. The initial impression of people of a call center job is simply answering phone calls and doing menial tasks. They fail to see the complexity of the job which entails a rep to solve problems over the phone with callers coming from a different cultural background.

I for one, certainly am very appreciative that this industry developed into what it is now. If I didn't get into the call center industry and pursued work based on my college degree, I would've been a production slave for those media outfits such abs-cbn.

i completely agree!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! buhay pa pala 'tong thread ko! woohoo!!! :cool:

Anyway, thanks guys and gals for participating, normally ang sagot sa tanong ay "yes" or "no" lang, pero to give it a twist and to make it a little more interesting there's the explanation.

I believe the title was specifically addressing "call center freaks" and not other lines of work or the "retired" ones that's why I'm really amazed to see reactions which really doesn't belong or make any sense at all.

As for me, I'm currently employed in another call center (certified "call center freak"!) and I can say that I'm HAPPY (for now of course! later I'll be thinking of moving on with my life... hehehehe). I was able to get my MCP/MCDST certification at the company's expense because of the client's requirement for the job. Well of course sometimes you can apply it sometimes you don't need to. :)

For the part if I love my job... the answer would definitely be a big YES! Why? It's my bread and butter! And with our current economy it's hard to survive without a good-paying job. I would be "plastic" if I say that I'm not bored but there's a lot of other things you can do to prevent your schedule to be monotonous! You can enroll in schools to enhance you knowledge, get into sports to make you body active and burn some fats away, and many more other activities that can relieve your stress from work.

Medyo mahaba na pala reply ko... hehehehe

Keep your responses coming!

• 5 weeks later...
Wow! buhay pa pala 'tong thread ko! woohoo!!!  :cool:

Anyway, thanks guys and gals for participating, normally ang sagot sa tanong ay "yes" or "no" lang, pero to give it a twist and to make it a little more interesting there's the explanation.

I believe the title was specifically addressing "call center freaks" and not other lines of work or the "retired" ones that's why I'm really amazed to see reactions which really doesn't belong or make any sense at all.

As for me, I'm currently employed in another call center (certified "call center freak"!) and I can say that I'm HAPPY (for now of course! later I'll be thinking of moving on with my life... hehehehe).  I was able to get my MCP/MCDST certification at the company's expense because of the client's requirement for the job.  Well of course sometimes you can apply it sometimes you don't need to.  :)

For the part if I love my job... the answer would definitely be a big YES!  Why? It's my bread and butter!  And with our current economy it's hard to survive without a good-paying job.  I would be "plastic" if I say that I'm not bored but there's a lot of other things you can do to prevent your schedule to be monotonous!  You can enroll in schools to enhance you knowledge, get into sports to make you body active and burn some fats away, and many more other activities that can relieve your stress from work.

Medyo mahaba na pala reply ko... hehehehe

Keep your responses coming!

MCP/MCDST certification?!?! WOW! :boo: ang galing! sana aq din parang puro manufacturer's cert lang nakukuha q eh..hmp! :thumbsdownsmiley: pero at least certified tech! hehehehehe :thumbsupsmiley:

to answer the thread, i'm happy with my current job. it's a walk in the park in comparison to my previous account in my previous company (puro previous!). hehehehe :lol:

salary is the same but you're not as stressed and frustrated with stats/metrics and stuff like that! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...