Sir 888infinity888, maraming salamat.

I have completed perusing through the tutorials and has successfully created my own basic codes. Sarap ng feeling nung gumana haha.

I just bought a book on VB.NET and ASP.NET. Yan naman assignment ko for myself this December.

By the way, baka naman meron gusto magshare ng intermediate level VBA codes. Thanks.

hi sir jedimaster, what VBA code do you want? can you be more specific about it sir? :)

This is kind of late. But for the others who may need the info.

ERPs are very expensive to start with. SAP and Microsoft Dynamics, the two leaders in the industry, will cost you 400K USD on the license alone. Installation is different. Training is different.

Coke and San Miguel uses SAP R3. The cheaper version which is SAP B1 has limitations.

What I suggest for businessmen like you is to get a consultant first ( for a fee of 20k or more a month ) and tell him/her your requirements then let him help you with your decision on what software to get. You may be buying a very expensive software yet in the end you only get to use 20% of the capabilities of the application.

I'm a software developer myself and I work for a company that sells a mini-ERP . It all depends on what you need as a business. The ERPs in the market are very generic applications and your business may have peculiar needs, so you are better off with a local company to meet your needs.

nice one sir pediasoft..

• 3 weeks later...
sir ragstoriches, if you have installed VS2008, you can use it's quickstart tutorials..you can also take a look at this site: www.w3schools.com. :)

salamat bro prutkeyk. VS user ka rin ba? anong ver/edition?

also, sumabak na rin ako sa database analysis :) im studying SQL Server 05 Enterprise.

tingin ko me konti na akong kaalaman pag na-master ko tong 2 ito. ika nga ng sweetheart kong si ruffa mae quinto "bisyo na to!"

salamat bro prutkeyk. VS user ka rin ba? anong ver/edition?

also, sumabak na rin ako sa database analysis :) im studying SQL Server 05 Enterprise.

tingin ko me konti na akong kaalaman pag na-master ko tong 2 ito. ika nga ng sweetheart kong si ruffa mae quinto "bisyo na to!"

yup..VS 2005/2008 gamit ko.. :)

anong pinagaaralan mo sa database analysis?

Bro prutkeyk, actually, Im just starting, so im just trying to feel it out first. I am still on Chapter 3 on the SQL Server 2005 Pocket Consultant by William R Stanek. I found out that ung Management Studio (MS) has capabilities like Visual Studio, in fact the feel and look of it is VS.

Bro, mabalik sa VS, what is your suggestion to concentrate on using : VB or C ? Nasimulan ko kasi VB, but I've come accross certain literature that Microsoft is leaning more on C these days. If C, C# ba ok? or C++?

How come walang J# sa VS08? Pano na JAVA developers nyan?

Bro prutkeyk, actually, Im just starting, so im just trying to feel it out first. I am still on Chapter 3 on the SQL Server 2005 Pocket Consultant by William R Stanek. I found out that ung Management Studio (MS) has capabilities like Visual Studio, in fact the feel and look of it is VS.

Bro, mabalik sa VS, what is your suggestion to concentrate on using : VB or C ? Nasimulan ko kasi VB, but I've come accross certain literature that Microsoft is leaning more on C these days. If C, C# ba ok? or C++?

i prefer C#..kasi gusto ko yung strict sense nya, laid back kasi ang vb.net (sensya sa VB.NET developers). Kung sana nahawakan mo yung unang VS.NET, mas maapreciate mo ang essence ng C#, kasi nun sa c#, walang intellisense, so you have to figure out kung ano yung tamang syntax (challenging di ba?). so, using c#, mas malalaman mo ang structure ng .NET lalo na pagdating sa Object Oriented Design. furthermore, i think na ang Base Class Libraries starting from System namespace are all written in C#.

Wala ng J# sa VS 2008 kasi based dito, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vjsharp/default.aspx, bumaba ang requirement for J#. You should not worry about JAVA Developers, why? First, malulupit yang mga yan. Remeber, kaya nilang gumawa ng program by just using notepad :thumbsupsmiley:. They don't need .NET to create a system.. Second, kung nag-C/C++ ka, magkaparehas lang sila ng syntax ng JAVA. Third, ang .NET Object Oriented Approach yan, pero nung wala pang .NET, JAVA lang ang nagiimplement ng tamang OOD. So to summarize, hindi mo kailangan problemahin ang JAVA developers kapatid..hehehe :D

thank you kapatid, or atid for short. pwede ba yon?

very nice info. talagang salamat. i will follow your advice and study C#. Medyo nasimulan ko na C++, im hoping me similarities sila.

how about ASP.NET. ive read that this is not a programming language pero di ko gaano maintindihan explanation.

hehehe..kahit ano bro.. :) ok let's go to ASP.NET..

have you created websites using .NET? ASP.NET is more on web applications. The way you decide the design, how the interaction of your application to users is through asp.net. example, may makikita kang grids, textboxes, validation etc sa page mo..that is asp.net. marami pa yan tulad ng postback, caching at kung ano ano pa..

ano yung pagkakaiba ng C# sa ASP.NET? we have the application layer, business layer and data layer db? so ASP.NET is for the application layer (front-end/customer facing) while yung c# is mostly used as code-behind sa business at data layer mo, yung logic mismo..it is the code itself. (ex. Response.Write("Hello");)

malabo pa ba kapatid?

Addition lang sa sinabi ni prutkeyk. Java developers usually use Netbeans or Eclipse as their IDE. Wala pa akong nakikilalang java developer na J# ang ginagamit. Java is not owned by microsoft. Java progams can run on any operating system. "Build once, run everywhere" sya. Hindi lang windows sya nagrrun. Actually my OS is Ubuntu Linux and I do my Java work using Ubuntu. Hindi libre ang ang visual studio. Yung Netbeans and Eclipse libre. Java is open source. And microsoft doesn't like open source stuff. Kaya siguro binitawan na rin nila J#.

Edited by mackyboy
Addition lang sa sinabi ni prutkeyk. Java developers usually use Netbeans or Eclipse as their IDE. Wala pa akong nakikilalang java developer na J# ang ginagamit. Java is not owned by microsoft. Java progams can run on any operating system. "Build once, run everywhere" sya. Hindi lang windows sya nagrrun. Actually my OS is Ubuntu Linux and I do my Java work using Ubuntu. Hindi libre ang ang visual studio. Yung Netbeans and Eclipse libre. Java is open source. And microsoft doesn't like open source stuff. Kaya siguro binitawan na rin nila J#.

yup i agree with these statements! thanks sir mackyboy.. :)

thank you kapatid, or atid for short. pwede ba yon?

very nice info. talagang salamat. i will follow your advice and study C#. Medyo nasimulan ko na C++, im hoping me similarities sila.

how about ASP.NET. ive read that this is not a programming language pero di ko gaano maintindihan explanation.

If you've gone through a lot of reading and learning on VB .NET, then why not continue with it? That's a waste of time and effort if you jump to C#.

But if you're still just beginning, yes, good choice if you go the C# way.

But still, as my colleague said, the language just follows the logic of the programmer. Even if you only know C++ , with VS' intellisense, coding is not so difficult. You will still get your code functioning just as long as you have the right algorithm.

For ASP .NET , its for web programming. You use it in cahoots with VB or C# as your code behind or server-side programming. If you want to be complete in your programming skills, go ahead and learn ASP too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...