Philadelphia 76ers

Guest megalodon
Thoughts on Tom Thibodeau as head coach?

I hope not. He's too good a defensive coach to be let go by the Celts. He was the architect of that topnotch defense that won the championship for Boston.

again .. this is my question on tom thibodeau ..

apparently he has been assistant for the last 19 years ... if he is really that good how come he hasnt gotten a head coaching offer all these time? where theres smoke theres fire

Edited by denimhead

i hope they trade Elton Brand he doesnt fit at all to their RUN n GUN uptempo style... trade Brand to Pistons for AI so he can reitre in a sixer uniform =) .. hehe may include willie green or lou williams as well get Jason Maxiell and AI ..

Edited by breakaway1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Philadelphia 76ers guard Royal Ivey has declined his player option for the 2009-10 season and has become an unrestricted free agent.

Ivey played 71 games in his only season for the Sixers. He averaged 3.0 points and 1.1 rebounds and had 36 steals.

Source: NBA.com

• 3 weeks later...
Jrue Holiday feels he should have been drafted higher

June 28, 2009

Philly Burbs/The Intelligencer (Tom Moore) reports: Jrue Holiday considers playing for the 76ers to be an ideal situation for him. The Sixers are looking for a young point guard to push the ball upcourt and defend, which Holiday believes are among his strengths. But Holiday is still bothered that he dropped to No. 17 in Thursday’s NBA Draft after he had been regarded as a top-12 prospect during nearly the entire pre-draft process of workouts and interviews. “Honestly, it’s motivation to do better,” said Holiday during Friday’s introductory news conference at PCOM. “I wasn’t expecting it. I wish I could’ve gone higher. I really don’t think there are 16 players in the draft better than me. All the teams I worked out for know what I can do.”

haven't seen him play but you gotta love the kid's mentality and approach this early..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...