Why do we work?!

from a social point of view = we work in order to become a functional member of society and not be a burden. that's the reason why i hate those hippies. they live due to social welfare. it sucks when you see able bodied people not working worse.. begging. if your limbs are complete and you can't find a job PICK UP A broom or toil the land....

from God's point of view = remember the story of the three servants entrusted with the talents? we should make use of the gifts God has given us.

from your parent's view = mahiya ka naman! pagkatapos kang pagaralin di ka magtrabaho o kaya ang ANG arte mo s pagpili ng trabaho!

That's why it sucks when you hear people say that's why they quit their old job is because they don't enjoy their work and that they believe in the principle that you should only work if you enjoy it. Pero if you ask them what they're doing currently they'll say "JOB HUNTING" or worse " NOTHING"

PARA SA MGA WALANG TRABAHO at pasakit sa magulang at bayan, MAHIYA NAMAN KAYO SA BALAT NIYO!

:upside:

Hi guys!

I guess we work because we need to live and let others live. I mean, some of us need to support our parents, siblings, some of us need to buy stuffs for ourselves while some of us just need to have something where we can put our energies into.

Personally though,we must try to look for a work that we can enjoy, something that won't bore us, or something that will bring the best in us (even if it's not related to our degree in college).

But if we can't, then let's just work because it's a pre-requisite for survival.

• 5 months later...

Good question.

With what I spend on gas, parking, maintenance of my car, lunch and everything else in the office, feeling ko my salary is used to pay for me to go to the office and nothing more.

Honestly though, working allows me to enjoy things that I otherwise cannot afford should I decide to be a bum. DVDs, hi-tech gadgets, video games, books, movies, good restaurants, all of those things.

For me the reason why I work are:

- i love my family, i want them to feel comfortable and happy

- to prove that i can become a somebody

- to travel

- to meet different types of people and know how to deal with them

- and to set as a good example to all the ladies with ambition, not just to become a plain housewife

ciao!

:mtc:

i think people work because of one/some/all of the following:

1. MONEY (in order to buy something.. get out of somewhere/go somewhere.. do something which requires money)

2. self-fulfillment

3. friends? or meet new people from walks of life

4. walang magawa?

i guess 1, 2, 3 are my reasons..

Guest Insomnia Girl

Why do we work? Hmmm. For those who are lucky, work gives fulfillment. For those who are not as lucky, work means money. As for myself, I work to finance the things I really like to do, things that may not be financially rewarding but are essential to my sanity. In any case, it’s always good to have some money stashed away for rainy days and impulse buying binges.

• 2 weeks later...