Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

okay, i am starting this thread to find out who in MTC uses a Mac. iMac, eMac, iBook, PoerBook, G4, G5, macMini.... kahit ano.

if there are Windows PC guys, and there are multiple threads about this platform, aslo about Linux, Unix and its derivatives, then, lets start a Mac Thread. i mean Mac the computer, not the iPod, okay?

i dont use a mac myself, but i am familiar with one. i do, however plan to migrate to mac. im planning to get wither a macMini or an eMac later this year. i need to learn a new playing field, ika nga

you cold say that im looking for users who would share their mac experience and maybe further convince me to own one.

thank you!

Edited by marc.alan
i read nga that the intel chip x86 pwede na sa mac.  anyway, ok naman ba sya sa multimedia and word processing? desktop publishing?

ive used macs at school for about 3 years now. ive first started with imacs (the blue and tangerine "flavors"), then the g4.. and finally the g5 when they were finally released. i actually bring my own 2 button scroll mouse to school as there is no "right click" on a mac! but you can press the control key and click though.. but that just takes time.. <_<

multimedia work like video editing, photo, and 3d are the mac's (the g5 at least) forte. as for word processing, expect to pay a bundle for the mac version of microsoft office. unless there are pirated apps for mac out there too.

if youve got the money, why not?? :cool: i can stare at a g5 with that ultra yummy 30-inch cinema display all day! but as i always say, theres nothing you can do on a mac that you cant do on a pc! and dont believe people who say that macs dont crash, dont get viruses..etc..etc.. macs DO crash! they're just as prone to crashing as win-xp is. and macs DO get viruses! virus makers only stay away from macs as they only make up less than 5% of the computers in the world! thats not exactly global domination. their goal is to make as much damage as possible.. which is why they target windows pc's!

Guys need your opinion.

Would you recommend Ibook G4 1.2 GHz or would you go for HP X1010AL 1.3GHz centrino.

This would be for school.

apple is more stylish that the usual pc based laptops.

the g4's and the g5's (coming out soon) are all on wifi (i think)

much like the centrino for the pc based laptop.

however, the pc based laptops (like hp) is widely used here

and in the other asian countries. that means, compatibility with

other laptops is easier.

thus, i guess everthing is dependent on what purpose you need your laptop.

macs/apple computers are more for graphics while the pc based ones are

more of the all around type.

you can check out the capabilities of the apple computers at www.apple.com.

for those wanting to buy a mac just because of its sleek design should really check out the centrino powered Asus W5A.  12 inch powerbooks are actually manufactured by asus believe it or not! Apple merely slaps on their logo to justify overpricing them.

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/4337913812490880.JPG

Quite true, pati Dell and SONY uses ASUS to manufacture there notebooks.

Guys need your opinion.

Would you recommend Ibook G4 1.2 GHz or would you go for HP X1010AL 1.3GHz centrino.

This would be for school.

Depends on 2 things:

1.) Are your friends/group mates going to be using macs as well?

2.) Is your school more PC-based or Mac-based? Would projects that you've been working on your laptop be easily transferred to the school desktops?

Compatibility is key here. Granted, compatibility between PCs and Macs have never been easier thanks to Microsoft (surprise!) and Adobe, but you never know what problems you may encounter down the road. If everybody you know has a PC, it would probably be best to stick with a PC.

hey guys!

nice to see that there are MTC mac users out there.

i myself do not have a mac, yet. i am going to get one, soon i hope, coz apple might replace the processors with Intel (... i dont know, i just dont like intel... same with bill gates and his widows...)

anyway, i am learing a lot from this thread, from the mac users and hopwfully will learn more. thanks and keep posting your Mac experience... will post mine soon!

Depends on 2 things:

1.) Are your friends/group mates going to be using macs as well?

2.) Is your school more PC-based or Mac-based? Would projects that you've been working on your laptop be easily transferred to the school desktops?

Compatibility is key here. Granted, compatibility between PCs and Macs have never been easier thanks to Microsoft (surprise!) and Adobe, but you never know what problems you may encounter down the road. If everybody you know has a PC, it would probably be best to stick with a PC.

I already have a PC desktop at home. The reason why i'm considering the ibook G4 it seems like a good buy compared to your centrino based pc, if you look at their technical specs, not to mention great battery life and the cool factor. The Mac would just be used for school probably just word processing and surfing the web. For gaming i usually stick with my PC. From what i understand is that you could run MS office on the mac so i dont see any issue with compatibility if this is accurate.

I already have a PC desktop at home. The reason why i'm considering the ibook G4 it seems like a good buy compared to your centrino based pc, if you look at their technical specs, not to mention great battery life and the cool factor. The Mac would just be used for school probably just word processing and surfing the web. For gaming i usually stick with my PC.

From what i understand is that you could run MS office on the mac so i dont see any issue with compatibility if this is accurate.

yup, it's accurate. starting with OS 10, its so easy to swap info from pc to mac.

of course, thats given that your pc is also performing well.

I already have a PC desktop at home. The reason why i'm considering the ibook G4 it seems like a good buy compared to your centrino based pc, if you look at their technical specs, not to mention great battery life and the cool factor. The Mac would just be used for school probably just word processing and surfing the web. For gaming i usually stick with my PC. From what i understand is that you could run MS office on the mac so i dont see any issue with compatibility if this is accurate.

You can use Virtual PC to run windows in your mac. So far review is quite good although medyo mabagal.

I just got a mac since I wanted a personal touch to my own notebook. Having a notebook which I use for my own time, a pc based notebook reminds me too much of work because for the past 6 years I have been lugging around a Dell laptop.

Sure enough it really is different. There are no right clicks, and all inactive shortcuts pop up from the bottom unlike sa PC only active windows are seen.

The MAC is idiot proof. Imagine my 8 yr old cousin using it without asking me what to do. He is exposed to PCs since he was seven, but he just got the hang of using it.

MACs are not infiltrated by trojan viruses, 3rd party software, spyware ect...

There is a lot of truth about MAC users not going back to PCs. I think I'll be 1 soon, well except of course for work where PCs are standard hehe

I just got a mac since I wanted a personal touch to my own notebook. Having a notebook which I use for my own time, a pc based notebook reminds me too much of work because for the past 6 years I have been lugging around a Dell laptop.

Sure enough it really is different. There are no right clicks, and all inactive shortcuts pop up from the bottom unlike sa PC only active windows are seen.

The MAC is idiot proof. Imagine my 8 yr old cousin using it without asking me what to do. He is exposed to PCs since he was seven, but he just got the hang of using it.

MACs are not infiltrated by trojan viruses, 3rd party software, spyware ect...

There is a lot of truth about MAC users not going back to PCs. I think I'll be 1 soon, well except of course for work where PCs are standard hehe

welcome to the wonderful world of APPLE! :thumbsupsmiley: