Traveling As A Passion

Guest YUM YUM

I am not more into traveling because I easily get dizzy when I'm not the one driving. My wife is the one who traveled a lot when she was still working, being the executive assistant to the president.

Still, I've been to a lot of places that are quite interesting with stories to share.

Here are some glimpse of my traveling experience:

Summer of 1995

Bronx, New York

Walking at night with my cousins in the Bronx where we saw old TV sets, component stereos and other electronics together with all the garbage lying around. The place has that Divisoria or Tondo kind of atmosphere, eerie and smelly. I was afraid at first but my cousins who lived there said relax. The Blacks never mess with Filipinos.

I happened to talk to a black guy there who lived in Clark. He had a great time in the Philippines, tried almost everything, ate almost everything except ---- I know for sure ---- the BALUT.

Tiffany's in Manhattan

Have to go. I'll write again tonight.

pareng sally, I usually carry my camera phone during my travels....I then connect my camera phone to a built-in infra-red (or bluetooth) device computer then save the photo in jpeg, bmp, gif format.

share/post more of your travel insights pareng sally :)

pare, i have just read an article about bluetooth...or is it toothing...heh, heh, apparently this is a great way to pick up girls...

pare, i have just read an article about bluetooth...or is it toothing...heh, heh, apparently this is a great way to pick up girls...

tutuo yan pareng sally , just activated your bluetooth and it will automatically scan the area about 5 meters and it will connect to any bluetooth activated device such as a girls celphone. puede kapa magpadala ng photo image mo...jackpot ka pag nag reply yung girl....medyo off topic na ako. you can do toothing in your travels abroad maka pick up ka ng kana o negra :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a bluetooth and travel with passion.

Tiffany's, 5th Ave, Manhattan, NY

June 25, 1995, Sunday afternoon.

We watched the MTV shooting of Breakfast at Tiffany's by The Deep Blue Something.

I hope you remember the song based on the movie of the same title starring my childhood crush Audrey Hepburn. Anyway, here's the lyrics of the song.

You say that we've got nothing in common

No common ground to start from

And we're falling apart

You'll say the world has come between us

Our lives have come between us

But I know you just don't care

CHORUS:

And I said what about "Breakfast at Tiffany's?

She said, "I think I remember the film,

And as I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it."

And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got."

I see you - the only one who knew me

And now your eyes see through me

I guess I was wrong

So what now? It's plain to see we're over,

And I hate when things are over -

When so much is left undone

Chorus

Repeat first verse

Chorus X 3

then we went to MOMA.

I had a very bad encounter with a jew in one of the stores. It was so bad that made me blurt "You truly deserved what happened to your people in the hands of Hitler." :angry:

Guest YUM YUM

good mornin fellow viajeros! :)

just checking! dami ko na naman russians sa work (as in rush na work! :lol: )! anywayz to post later, maybe coron or puerto princesa!

to see you around guys! :cool:

Guest YUM YUM

ako naman, i was told by my roommate to replace my old 6510 with a unit that has a camera, what i did instead is - i kept my old 6510 and bought a Nikon digital camera, its better than a phone camera, it has a flash and it stores more shots than that of a phone camera. wala lang :D

Edited by YUM YUM
Guest ginny
tutuo yan pareng sally , just activated your bluetooth and it will automatically scan the area about 5 meters and it will connect to any bluetooth activated device such as a girls celphone. puede kapa magpadala ng photo image mo...jackpot ka pag nag reply yung girl....medyo off topic na ako. you can do toothing in your travels abroad maka pick up ka ng kana o negra :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah pare.. bf ko may bluetooth ang phone nya.. you can actually put a handle/nickname for your phone.. para pag may nag-search sa yo, lalabas sa screen nya yun handle mo... ok nga yan kung trip mo makipagkilala.. sana lang di ka matapat sa sablay ang itsura.. wehehe :P

Off topic.. wehehe.. patawarin mo ko pareng Yum.. ;) Pa-kiss nga.. :*

just checking! dami ko na naman russians sa work (as in rush na work! :lol: )! anywayz to post later, maybe coron or puerto princesa!

akala ko marami kang kasamang russian girls, pareng yumyum. maiba lang ako nang konti, pero related din naman. meron bang market diyan for second hand gear, like knapsacks, tents, shoes, and other camping gear/outdoor stuff?

Guest YUM YUM
akala ko marami kang kasamang russian girls, pareng yumyum. maiba lang ako nang konti, pero related din naman. meron bang market diyan for second hand gear, like knapsacks, tents, shoes, and other camping gear/outdoor stuff?

sayang bro i just bought a second hand yark-I 40L cerro torre packbag! yung tent interesado ako! tapos im into climbing to ask my friends. ano ba gusto mo? as in contact na store for a bulk of secondhand gears?

good afternoon pareng YUM YUM, here's my contribution to this thread.

SINGAPORE - January 21-24, 1992

My first of two trips to Singapore and my first trip overseas. Left Manila at 6:00 am with my colleagues. My first glimpse of Singapore outside the PAL plane window reminded me of the picturesque images found only on hallmark cards. Tropical pine trees queue up the runway of the Changi airport. Rows of violet orchids decorated the hallways of the airport. I was already in a state of astonishment upon seeing the airport’s high-tech facilities and I was even more astonished upon seeing the lush greeneries of Singapore’s big metropolitan landscapes. We registered at the Apollo Hotel located at Havelock Road for our 4-days stay.

We took the ECFMG – Basic Science component test on Tuesday Jan. 21, 1992 at exactly 12 noon at the World Trade Center Singapore Expo Hall 7 3rd storey – main podium located at the Maritime Square. After 5 hours of grueling test we headed to the Singapore Cruise Center located at the ground floor of the WTC and went to Sentosa Island via ferry boat. The distinct aroma of Thai food at a diner inside Sentosa was truly enticing. We were able to catch the “Dancing” Musical Fountain presentation by Marlboro, a dazzling display of lights and water synchronize to the rhythm of the Marlboro music. With the fiery sunset behind the fountain show, it was a sight I won’t ever forget. We rode the Sentosa Cable Car and enjoyed the breathtaking nighttime view of the busy Singapore city and its flickering horizon. Visited the Sentosa Aquarium Ocean Park We were thinking of spending our time in nightlife Singapore but the scheduled phase II of our exams the following day won’t permit us.

January 22, 1992 Wednesday

After a hearty Eat-All-You-Can breakfast at the Apollo Hotel restaurant we headed straight to the World Trade Center for our ECFMG – Eng. & Clinical component test. The phase II of our test was more punishing and exhausting but I won’t let that ruin my enjoyment of Singapore. After the exams, we visited the Guinness World of Records Exhibition located at the ground floor of the World Trade Center. We then proceeded to a nearby MRT (Singapore Mass Rapid Transit) station with fares ranging from 60 cents to 1.50 Singaporean dollar in circa 1992. Visited numerous places such as Orchard Plaza, Mount Faber Park, Raffles Park, Botanic Gardens.

Day 3 – January 23,1992

MALAYSIA

post-52-1090993669.jpg

good afternoon pareng YUM YUM, here's my contribution to this thread.

My first of two trips to Singapore and my first trip overseas. Left Manila at 6:00 am with my colleagues. My first glimpse of Singapore outside the PAL plane window reminded me of the picturesque images found only on hallmark cards. Tropical pine trees queue up the runway of the Changi airport. Rows of violet orchids decorated the hallways of the airport. I was already in a state of astonishment upon seeing the airport’s high-tech facilities and I was even more astonished upon seeing the lush greeneries of Singapore’s big metropolitan landscapes. We registered at the Apollo Hotel located at Havelock Road for our 4-days stay.

We took the ECFMG – Basic Science component test on Tuesday Jan. 21, 1992 at exactly 12 noon at the World Trade Center Singapore Expo Hall 7 3rd storey – main podium located at the Maritime Square. After 5 hours of grueling test we headed to the Singapore Cruise Center located at the ground floor of the WTC and went to Sentosa Island via ferry boat. The distinct aroma of Thai food at a diner inside Sentosa was truly enticing. We were able to catch the “Dancing” Musical Fountain presentation by Marlboro, a dazzling display of lights and water synchronize to the rhythm of the Marlboro music. With the fiery sunset behind the fountain show, it was a sight I won’t ever forget. We rode the Sentosa Cable Car and enjoyed the breathtaking nighttime view of the busy Singapore city and its flickering horizon. Visited the Sentosa Aquarium Ocean Park We were thinking of spending our time in nightlife Singapore but the scheduled phase II of our exams the following day won’t permit us.

January 22, 1992 Wednesday

After a hearty Eat-All-You-Can breakfast at the Apollo Hotel restaurant we headed straight to the World Trade Center for our ECFMG – Eng. & Clinical component test. The phase II of our test was more punishing and exhausting but I won’t let that ruin my enjoyment of Singapore. After the exams, we visited the Guinness World of Records Exhibition located at the ground floor of the World Trade Center. We then proceeded to a nearby MRT (Singapore Mass Rapid Transit) station with fares ranging from 60 cents to 1.50 Singaporean dollar in circa 1992. Visited numerous places such as Orchard Plaza, Mount Faber Park, Raffles Park, Botanic Gardens.

Day 3 – January 23,1992

MALAYSIA

huwaw! forever young! :P

good morning, folks!

Rarely do I travel so the trips I've had forever remain memorable. In 1996 we were sent to Italy on work-related matters and these were the things I remember most:

- our base was in Northern Italy, the nearest biggest city of which was Milan. It was almost a 24-hour trip from Manila via Paris so we were dead-tired upon arriving at our hotel in the afternoon. We took a nap - we never bothered to look at the time. Each time I opened my eyes it was still bright outside so I kept on napping. Imagine when I checked the time - 8pm na pala but the sun was still up! It was September and apparently matagal pala ang araw pag ganung buwan :D . Hindi na kami makatulog sa gabi tuloy hehehe...

- my companion does not drink so I went down alone sa hotel bar to have a shot or two of JD pero it was so uncomfortable because yung ibang umiinom nuon sa bar were German troops. (It was the height of the Bosnian war and our place was some staging point for a flight to Yugoslavia). As you can imagine, Germans were big, hefty fellows and as the night wore on, they were staring kinda queer at me - a small thin Asian! Needless to say, hindi ako malasing and up to my room I hurriedly went.

- we took memorable side trips on a train to Florence and Rome. Madaming Pinoy kang makikita at makakausap sa tren. On that trip to Rome, we went to the stazione at 8pm to catch the 12midnight trip because there were no buses anymore after 8. So we were forced to shiver in the cold railway station for 4 hours!

- the train ride to Rome is 7 hours! so ang sakit ng katawan namin pagdating sa Rome ng 7am but we were forced to make maximum use of the time because in the afternoon we had to go back again so hala - alas syete pa lang namamasyal na kami.

- the cats we saw in Rome were the biggest I've ever seen. There was a colony of them living near the Colosseum - about 20 or 30 of them - and man, they were huge and fat - parang kasing laki na ng mga tuta.

- we were warned about the gypsies in Rome so we had to take extra care of our valuables. And daming nakakalat na gypsies sa sidewalks.

- the Basilica of St. Peter was the most awesome structure I've ever seen. So huge and dripping with history. Sa loob pala nun were several chapels were Masses were being said simultaneously. We walked up the winding stairway to the Dome - there were a thousand steps! On the rooftop religious items were being sold by nuns - one of the nuns we recognized as being Filipina right away. On the very pinnacle of the Dome was a small terrace where you can see through the whole of Rome.

- we also went to see the Milan Cathedral and this was equally awe-inspiring as the whole of the church was made up of pink marble! You can also go up to the rooftop and see the whole of Milan. On the sidewalks we saw copies of Phil Daily Inquire being sold :D We rode the subway, we saw the shops of Armani et al where most patrons we saw were Japanese. We could hear the roar of F1 engines in the distance because it was the time of the Italian Grand Prix at nearby Monza.

- we went to the Fountain of Trevi and threw coins - superstition says that throwing coins in the Fountain would ensure a return trip to the Eternal City :D Well how I wish!

Continuation of my Singapore-Malaysia Trip - Jan 21-24, 1992.

January 23 – After our usual complimentary breakfast at the Singapore Apollo Hotel we immediately boarded a tour bus (RMG Tours –Singapore based) to Malaysia. As we travel along Singapore’s Bukit Temah Express I was mesmerized by the well-trimmed green grass of provincial north-western part of Singapore (No wonder foreign investors chose “clean and green” Singapore over the Philippines, kudos to Lee Kuan Yew).

10:30am – arrival at the Singapore-Malaysian border of Johor Baharu. I’ve instantly noticed the big difference of the two countries, Singapore’s clean/pleasant aura on the other side of the border and Malaysia’s grubbiness on the other. Shook the hands of a Malaysian immigration officer, got our passport stamped then we ate lunch at the Pusat Snooker Bandar Café (steamed fish with Malaysian curry sauce – nothing fancy). Afterwards we visited a Batik shop (Cenderamata Dan Baju-Baju Batik) also in Johor. I bought a batik shirt as souvenir, I paid for it in Malaysian Ringgit. We’re off to the Johor Palace in our bus when only did I realize that I was shortchange (in Brunei currency) by the batik guy, so beware fellow travelers of this modus operandi. Nothing ornate about the Johor Palace so instead I went to a nearby market and tasted exotic fruits (huge lansones type) that weren’t found in the PI.

3:00pm – back to Singapore. As in any travel tour you will be taken to the factory jewels of Singapore (Singapore Gems & Metals, Kung Chong Road) as the end part of the tour. I wasn’t interested with jewels so I patiently waited for my colleague ladies. We then proceeded to the flea market/night market for some cheap souvenirs/pasalubongs. We spent the night at a club at the top floor of the Apollo hotel. :evil: sexy receptionists in mini-skirts showed as the way to the best spot inside the club and we drank the night away with Singapore’s gorgeous dames. :cool:

January 24, 1992

Our last day in Singapore. The usual shopping at the Orchard plaza. Bought myself a Sega Game Gear (uso pa nuon yun nuong 1992). Tasted some of the exotic dishes of Singapore. Singapore is such a nice tropical (hotter than PI, situated near the equator) place and the cleanest place I’ve ever seen. (Gum chewing wasn’t banned yet when I was there) I will definitely be coming back.

Cheers

P.S. - My trip was prior to the Flor Contemplacion event.

post-52-1091093261.jpg

Here's are the places I visited. I will be glad to share some info about those places, for your future travel let me know if I can help. :cool: *os

Next time na lang yung FR medyo busy eh.

Rota, Seville, Barcelona Spain

Diego Garcia

Rome, Firenze, Milan, Pisa, Naples Italy

Souday bay Crete, Athens Greece

Frankfurt, Stuttgart Germany

Prague, Czech Republic

Warsaw, Poland

Budapest Hungary

London

Okinawa, Japan

Pohang, Korea

Doha,Kuwait

Singapore

Liberia, monrovia

Ivory Coast

Nigeria

Ottawa Canada

Here's my list of places I've visited over the years not counting stop-overs:

Asia and the Middle East

Singapore (I lived there for 3 years)

Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Jakarta, Bali and Bintan Island, Indonesia

Bangkok, Thailand

Phnom Pehn, Cambodia

Hanoi, Vietnam

Vientiene, Laos

Tokyo and Osaka, Japan

Seoul, South Korea

Hong Kong

Abu Dhabi and Dubai, UAE

Manama, Bahrain

Kuwait City, Kuwait

Riyadh and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Mumbai, India

Europe

London and Manchester, England (I stayed in London for 3 months)

Frankfurt and Bonn, Germany

Bern and Geneva, Switzerland

The Hague and Amsterdam, Netherlands

Madrid and Marbella, Spain

Rome and Milan, Italy

Paris, France

Athens, Greece

United States

San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego, California (I also stayed in SF for 3 months)

White Plains, Buffalo and New York City, New York

Trenton and Morristown, New Jersey

Washington DC

Reston, Virginia

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Honolulu, Hawaii

York, Maine

Boston, Massachusetts

Others

Guam

Sydney, Australia

Toronto, Canada

Cairo, Egypt

Di ko na maalala yung iba . . . :unsure:

Guest YUM YUM

fotah! ako lang pala ang local traveller dito!!! he he he :lol:

i have a few internationals - asian pa!!! kawawa naman ako!!! :(

di bale, i'm planning to go to the places you guys mentioned baka next month! feel ko am goin to win the lotto!!! kaso lang.....i dont bet nga pala!!! grabe!!! he he he!!! :lol:

tenk you for posting bods, anaheim, magaling and other fellow viajeros!!! :cool:

magaling, bro FR naman!!!

and can you guys indicate the gimik sites and what type of gimik, we gimekeros could look forward to those places! cheers!!! :lol:

Dadagdagan ko na lang FR ni Pareng Anaheim regarding Singapore.

Changi is one of the most efficient and hassle free airports in the world. Passing thru Singapore immigration and customs is a breeze. Wag ka lang mahulihan ng drugs, firearms, etc. dahil seryoso sila - lethal injection katapat nyan! :evil:

Like Anaheim, Singapore was my first overseas trip. And I remember upon seeing Changi Airport for the first time, feeling both impressed and intimidated at the same time. The experience gave a sense of how the Philippines has been left so far behind our neighbors! :(

From Changi, you can take the City Shuttle bus (minivans actually) to the city and it will drop you off at your hotel doorstep for S$7. If there's 2 or 3 in your group, taking a taxi might also be worthwhile. Average cost would be around S$20 depending on where exactly your hotel is and what time of day you're arriving.

Places to visit: As mentioned by Anaheim, Sentosa Island tops the list of places to visit. Singapore Zoo is one of the best in the world. Night Safari is also the Singapore Zoo at night - magkaiba lang ang entrance. Visit Jurong Bird Park only if you have extra time or if you're into birds. Otherwise, there are better ways to spend your time. For photo ops, I always take my friends either to the City Hall or Boat Quay (fyi, "quay" is pronounced as "ki").

Eating places: A lot of tourists get talked into trying out the food stalls at Newton Circle for chili crab. Don't do this unless you have a local who's familiar with the place. That place is notorious for ripping off people. The best chili or pepper crabs I've tried were those in the restaurants along Boat Quay. My favorite indian food is at Andhra Curry in Little India (although Muthu's is more popular - too touristy and watered down in my opinion). For chicken rice, my favorites are Boon Tong Kee near Holland Village and Everyday Chicken Rice at the Maxwell Market. Go where the locals go! :)

Other places: Suntec City is a must-visit. Yung ang pinaka-Megamall nila. I always buy electronic items at Carrefour especially those "out of box" items that are sold at a discount. (Note: I try to avoid Sim Lim Tower. Few locals go there because some shops are notorious for items na "kinarne.) Almost all popular brands of clothing have shops at Suntec. I strongly recommend Nest Delights at the basement level when you get hungry. Value for money dimsum! ;)

"Fun" places: Orchard Tower is a notorious pick-up place but I don't go there. But I'll give you an address you should never forget: #20 Lorong 10 Geylang. The mamasan there will take care of you for S$150. There are also some MPs that are supposed to be ok. For details, check out this website sammyboy.com. Everything you need to know about Singapore's unsanitized side. Singapore's answer to MTC. :boo:

For Golfers: I've played in a number of course here. Sentosa, Singapore International CC, and Raffles are the best in my opinion. Most courses require a handicap card though so playing is not always easy to arrange unless you know somebody. There are also public courses like Executive and Green Fairways but they are crap compared to the public courses in Manila. Prepare to spend S$50-70 when playing the private courses and S$30 for the public. No caddies. Cart fees not included. BTW, for equipment, check out the shops at Far East Plaza along Orchard or Why Pay More at Suntec City.

Batam and Bintan Islands, Indonesia

and

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

I only went to these places to play golf. Besides that, I can't say I know these places well enough to make any recommendations on what to do or where to shop. :unsure:

Guest YUM YUM
Pareng Yum: Anong FR ba gusto mo? Gmik? As in: How to get laid in these places? :lol: :D :lol:

when i mentioned FR, as in FR talaga ng mga places na binanggit mo!!! :lol:

anyways! if you're in the mood to to the other FR version, it will be great! i-deliver mo lang ng rate R, kasi pag rated X ilalagay sa south topics itong thread natin! har har har!! :lol:

any gimik bro! as in clubbing, massage, sports that we could try and etc! :)

gud mornin to ol! ;)

when i mentioned FR, as in FR talaga ng mga places na binanggit mo!!! :lol:

anyways! if you're in the mood to to the other FR version, it will be great! i-deliver mo lang ng rate R, kasi pag rated X ilalagay sa south topics itong thread natin! har har har!! :lol:

any gimik bro! as in clubbing, massage, sports that we could try and etc! :)

gud mornin to ol! ;)

eto ang fr pareng yum yum. went once to the famous full moon party in koh samui. it is a resort island in the province of surathani, located south of bangkok about half a day by train and ferry. the whole beach is the scene of the wildest. longest party i have ever attended. after the sun sets, everyone is either drunk, high, or completely wasted. anything goes dito...you could be kissing the girl beside you before you even know it...someone could be passing you a joint... great place for hunting... went here with my girlfriend though kaya hanggang tingin lang ako...we just opted to find a distant shore far from the blaring music but close to the waters and, well...did our thing...heh, heh, it's great kasi wala kang pakialam sa iba...i saw some actually do it in public...when you wake up, daming tulog sa beach, many half-naked and completely unaware of what has happened...

Wow mukhang wild jan Pareng Sally. Pero takot ako sa ganyang klaseng lugar kasi mejo wholesome ako.

Some of the places I've been to:

USA

Jersey City, New Jersey

Marlton, New Jersey

Atlantic City

Manhattan, New York

Bronx, New York

Springfield, Missourri

Branson, Missourri

St. Louis, Missourri

Las Vegas

Sausalito, San Francisco

Daly City, San Francisco

Yosemite

Carmel

Sta Barbara

Nappa Valley

Solvang

Glendale

Upland

Anaheim

Orange County

West Covina

Rancho Cucamonga

Catalina Island

Almost whole of California

Asia

China - Shenzen, Canton, Hongkong

Bangkok, Thailand

Singapore

I love travelling... that's why im alone and single until now... :lol:

England

Belgium

Amsterdam

France

Bilbao, Spain

Belfast (around the country including the Giant Causeway)

Dublin

Miami

Texas

New Orleans (night life is crazy)

Baltimore, Maryland ( i luv the crabmeat sandwich)

Washington

Bahamas

Barbados

St. Marten

St. THomas

Aruba (Dutch Isles)

Curacao (Dutch Isles)

St. Lucia (its a paradise)

Martinique (French isles)

Key West, Key Largo

Grand Cayman

Jamaica

Mexico

Finland

Puerto Rico

Alaska

Going to Hawaii in the middle of Sept.

Will be baes in San Diego by Oct. until next year unless if i will follow my BF in Venice

I've sacrifice a lot of my past relationship with this kind of lifestyle coz i luv my job what can i do?