The Subaru Thread - Do You Drive One? Pros / Cons And Discussions

• 3 weeks later...

My regular day to day drives are a 2018 BMW X3 ,2016 Mazda CX9, 2013 Pilot. Kay misis ay 2013 Forester Touring, 2012 CRV

Subaru Forester Touring Pros:

- Best Torque I’ve tried better than BMW , Mazda imo... Honda is my least favorite parang kabayo tumatalon agad

- Handling is just as good as Beemer

- Harman Kardon Sound system is awesome

Cons:

- Interior Leather is kinda cheap, Nababakbak

- Electronics like power windows, powered seats start short circuiting after 6 years ( same with my friend who has a forester)

- Mejo matadtad sa likod.

- Backdoor is POWERED ONLY cannot be manually closed

- Resell value not as good as CRV, but reselling in the Philippines isnt as good as in other countries

My regular day to day drives are a 2018 BMW X3 ,2016 Mazda CX9, 2013 Pilot. Kay misis ay 2013 Forester Touring, 2012 CRV

Subaru Forester Touring Pros:

- Best Torque I’ve tried better than BMW , Mazda imo... Honda is my least favorite parang kabayo tumatalon agad

- Handling is just as good as Beemer

- Harman Kardon Sound system is awesome

Cons:

- Interior Leather is kinda cheap, Nababakbak

- Electronics like power windows, powered seats start short circuiting after 6 years ( same with my friend who has a forester)

- Mejo matadtad sa likod.

- Backdoor is POWERED ONLY cannot be manually closed

- Resell value not as good as CRV, but reselling in the Philippines isnt as good as in other countries

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Pros: Handling, power is adequate. Pag umuulan ng malakas, 100% sure you'll be happy you bought it. Confident driving at makapit pa rin pag ulan.Maintenance-wise regular PMS lang and you won't feel the pinch that much. Nga pala, visibility and space rocks!

Cons: Bland interior. Moderate gas consumption, just be gentle on the pedal. Minor glitches sa electronics (example, the fuse of my cigarette lighter just gave way with 2 mos of use)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I've owned a Subary Legacy wagon from 1997 to 2008. Extremely reliable and very comfortable inside.  Ownership was so pleasant that on the next round of vehicle purchase as we left the Philippines included the following:

- a Subaru XV Crosstrek

- a Subaru Legacy 2.5 Premium

- a Subaru STi

The XV Crosstrek is the ideal city roundabout - comfortable and fuel efficient. Luggage space was wanting though. Purchased new, we let go of the car when it reached 70Tkm in 5 years

The Legacy was faultless, similarly efficient despite being a 2.5, and the CVT was livable. Purchased new, we sold the car with 40Tkm, after 3 years of ownership

Lastly, the 2017 STi - purchased new but sold it after 9T kms.  Decided to best sell it before depreciation hits me further.

Advantages .... well it was brand new when purchased so maintenance was never a problem. Also did not mod it out in order not to lose the service and factory warranty which came with the purchase.

Disadvantage .... it's a 4 cylinder, manual transmission, with minimal comfort (from noise) insulation;  not a gentleman's car, but probably great for someone who wants to go aggressive with mods and upgrades.  Out of the box (stock), I didn't enjoy it as I would have expected, considering that I had ARCP affiliation in the 80s.  Admittedly, age and mentality (and loss of aggression) really determines which ride you'll find enjoyment on, and the STi was no longer doing it for me.

Other cars are just more comfortable and more fun to drive.

9ed4861b-644d-4eb3-adf2-f97bee1d5fb9.jpg

4442b392-96ca-42b3-9472-abff2c210426.jpg

Edited by SLEX Runner
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My dream to replace my 2016 WRX, pooofff!!!. The new one is ugly, minimal power and torque gain. The interior is the saving grace but expect it to very, very expensive. Using the MSRP in the US as basis, I think the top of the line GT is around P3.5M here. The Ascent is $42-46K  and cost P3.5M here. I'll just use the money I'm saving for performance mods.

Edited by Tonyino15
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the 1st gen BRZ but the dreaded torque dip in the midrange RPM made me get the WRX. Performance wise it will not dissapoint you. 7 years later I was eyeing the 2nd gen BRZ.

Mga bwisit na dealer hindi ma test drive dahil nasa hiramam ng kung sino-sinong pipitsuging blogger. Ako bibili hindi mapahiram. Buti pa yung may Cherry Mobile cp na blogger nahiram na ito.

Anyway they say na nawala na yung torqe dip dahil 2.4L na ang engine. Need to prove this myself bago bumili.