• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really admire people who find time to trade. I wanted to be able to trade actively but the key is once you do the buy transaction, you have to monitor the price for movements. If there is no immediate up movement, maybe it is better to sell and limit the loss to transaction fee and commission.

Or would you be willing to risk selling at a loss for the hope that it would rebound soon? Again this needs monitoring and time to be able to monitor.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • Like (+1) 1

mga boss... tanong lng ng über noob... saan at paano ako magsisimula sa ganyang investment. salamat po sa sasagot.

Isang tanong lang: ano ang financial goal mo in the short and long terms?

Kapag nasagot mo iyan. Madali nang magsaliksik tungkol sa mga investment instruments at financial planning strategy para sa iyo.

• Like (+1) 1

mga boss... tanong lng ng über noob... saan at paano ako magsisimula sa ganyang investment. salamat po sa sasagot.

Isang tanong lang: ano ang financial goal mo in the short and long terms?

Kapag nasagot mo iyan. Madali nang magsaliksik tungkol sa mga investment instruments at financial planning strategy para sa iyo.

the answer above is a good enough start.

aral muna. alamin/aralin kung ano nga ang purpose mo sa short hanggang long-term.

tapos refine your approach accordingly.

read up. try to weed out all the noise that you'll uncover once you start your journey.

though ang isang pinaka-advantage ng maagang nag-start is time. and since you're here asking questions, you're better off than one who hasn't even started yet.

gudlak sa ating lahat

Depende nga kasi talaga sa purpose at time/effort/attention na kaya mong i-spare yung best fit na approach when you go into the stock market.

Arguable na hindi siya 100% na zero-sum game (for every winner, there's a loser), but it'd be pretty darn close to it most of the time.

Iwasan dapat yung blanket ideas. Best if tailored sa individual investor/trader yung approach sa market

Depende nga kasi talaga sa purpose at time/effort/attention na kaya mong i-spare yung best fit na approach when you go into the stock market.

Arguable na hindi siya 100% na zero-sum game (for every winner, there's a loser), but it'd be pretty darn close to it most of the time.

Iwasan dapat yung blanket ideas. Best if tailored sa individual investor/trader yung approach sa market

I am one of those losers on stocks kaya umiiwas ako. I know I can be a winner pero with my work conflict hindi ako makalabas ng tama. Many times as I am about to set my exit transaction, I would get distracted by a work email and then by the time I remember to set the exit, lugi na.

To profit kasi, you have to time 2 things -- buy and sell. Kung buy lang natimingan mo or na-set mo, then talo. LOL.

Guys ano forecast ninyo sa 2nd Quarter of stock market, as represented by indexes like PSEI, DOW, SPY, ASX 200?

My forecast is the average in July will be lower than the average this month of Apr.

For example, DOW in April is around 26,330. My guess is DOW in July would average below 26,330.

My reasons for this are:

1) Market is overbought, which made prices high

2) Actual earnings growth is only 2% the first 6 months of the year and hence does not support the prices' growth.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Guys ano forecast ninyo sa 2nd Quarter of stock market, as represented by indexes like PSEI, DOW, SPY, ASX 200?

My forecast is the average in July will be lower than the average this month of Apr.

For example, DOW in April is around 26,330. My guess is DOW in July would average below 26,330.

My reasons for this are:

1) Market is overbought, which made prices high

2) Actual earnings growth is only 2% the first 6 months of the year and hence does not support the prices' growth.

current events yung mas gusto ko tignan, hindi ako ma technical/numbers na tao. forecast ko may modest improvement considering how US china trade talks are going and it sounds like nasa end game na sila. people are usually allergic to uncertainty. US north korea also looking promising

PH will also probably pick up after election due to election related spending

• 2 weeks later...

May has been hard on me so far.

Managed a (miniscule) 0.5% gain on my portfolio over the month of April while I thought I was refining my proficiency with some basic setups.

But I've been 4.5% down na agad so far this month.

I'm glad na may meet up yung stock trading group ko this weekend.

It'd hopefully give me a venue to get better perspective

Dahil tumaas masyado earnings, the growth has turned from positive into negative this first half of the year. My updated company earnings in US is a drop of 2.7% in Q1 and my initial estimate for Q2 is a further drop of 2.2%.

Boeing is a prime example of what is happening. By end of last year, this company is churning 5.48 in earnings. In the Q1 of 2019, this dropped to 3.16. That is a whopping drop of 5.8%! Surely the stock of Boeing must have dropped by around 5.8% also right? Guess how much it dropped?

ZERO.

Instead of dropping, Boeing stock WENT UP in Q1 - the same period its earnings dropped 5.8% - from 323 to 381 for a GAIN of 18%! Susmaryosep!!

So to me, a correction of Q1 wrongdoings must happen in Q2 -- regardless of US-China trade war or other news on the periphery. Lalo na since my initial estimates for Q2 is a further drop of 2.2%.

Then again, the market is irrational. So even if it is down now, it might go up. Who knows what an irrational market will do?

Dahil tumaas masyado earnings, the growth has turned from positive into negative this first half of the year. My updated company earnings in US is a drop of 2.7% in Q1 and my initial estimate for Q2 is a further drop of 2.2%.

Boeing is a prime example of what is happening. By end of last year, this company is churning 5.48 in earnings. In the Q1 of 2019, this dropped to 3.16. That is a whopping drop of 5.8%! Surely the stock of Boeing must have dropped by around 5.8% also right? Guess how much it dropped?

ZERO.

Instead of dropping, Boeing stock WENT UP in Q1 - the same period its earnings dropped 5.8% - from 323 to 381 for a GAIN of 18%! Susmaryosep!!

So to me, a correction of Q1 wrongdoings must happen in Q2 -- regardless of US-China trade war or other news on the periphery. Lalo na since my initial estimates for Q2 is a further drop of 2.2%.

Then again, the market is irrational. So even if it is down now, it might go up. Who knows what an irrational market will do?

Irrational and volatile, so emotional mastery is important...

Hopefully Philippine stock market picks up after elections and hindi na ramdam yung effects ng government budget problem at the start of the year

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Irrational and volatile, so emotional mastery is important...

Hopefully Philippine stock market picks up after elections and hindi na ramdam yung effects ng government budget problem at the start of the year

Napansin ko nga EPHE tumaas.

My updated Q2 earnings in US is an improvement from prior estimate of -2.2% to a zero, meaning it will neither drop nor rise from Q1 level.