#41 agoydyug

agoydyug

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:01 PM

okei chinese fud sa zong...

yun din ata me ari ng jonas..... d best pares in town.

#42 bikerider

bikerider

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:42 AM

i think serendra is the new "it" place for dining this christmas season.

lots of choices with regards to restaurants.

polu kai has great food. portico and hosseins have opened there as well.

after dinner, there is mary grace, cupcakes or you can cross the street and take home a few boxes of crispy creme. :)

as for shops, not much yet, although according to my sources fully booked is going to open a 4 story outlet there.

#43 boomouse

boomouse

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1910 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:04 AM

Lots of nice Restaurants around here... Did someone tried Je Suis Gourmand? :)

I don't think I want to be caught dead in a restaurant for "goumands". A gourmand is a glutton. Someone who will eat a lot of anything irrespective of the taste or quality of the food.

On the other hand, a "gourmet" is someone who enjoys good food. If the owner does not know the difference, and has used these two terms interchangeably, he is probably a food illiterate.

#44 boomouse

boomouse

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1910 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:18 AM

i think serendra is the new "it" place for dining this christmas season.

lots of choices with regards to restaurants.

polu kai has great food. portico and hosseins have opened there as well.

after dinner, there is mary grace, cupcakes or you can cross the street and take home a few boxes of crispy creme. :)

as for shops, not much yet, although according to my sources fully booked is going to open a 4 story outlet there.

Yes, I agree. I have tried Balducci's which is a more informal version of L'Opera (same owners) but with nonetheless a full menu with a comprehensive deli counter full of Italian cheeses, prosciutto, Parma ham, and sausages. Not locally made but imported from Italia.

My favorite off-menu from L'opera items are also served here as the waiters will recognize you as a L'Opera regular if you order them. I like a half-serving of Aglio olio on angel hair spaghetti on the side with a grilled chilean sea bass or a rib eye done medium rare.

the desserts are great but a bit much so the rule is to offer to share one dessert with your date. I have narrowed the choices down to two recommendations. Ask your date if she prefers a cheese based or a chocolate based dessert. If the latter, then order the Tartufo Ciocollata (Chocolate truffles), enough said. If the former, then its the pannacotta. Wash it down with a double espresso if you want.

Oh yes, the wine choices are good and can range from the reasonable to the down right ridiculous in price but then again, ridiculous as applied to wine prices is relative to the buyer's pocket. Ask for a "Penfolds" and they know exactly what to bring from this Australian vintner. That's about under P1,000 forthe bottle. If you are in a celebratory mood, a "Brunello" will set you back almost P6k and an "Illuminatti" silghtly more.

Average cost to dine without wine (if you dine to impress) for two persons is about P800 per head. Slightly under L'Opera's P1,200 average.

#45 levy

levy

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:09 AM

after dinner at serendra, you might want to go for desserts
at miss desserts. it's right beside cupcakes by sonja.
miss desserts is on its dry run as it opened only on
16 december. try their cheesecakes.

#46 Catchically

Catchically

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:19 AM

Any rating on the food at the Prince of Jaipur?

#47 thebigbadlonewolf

thebigbadlonewolf

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:thebigbadlonewolf<br /><br />Location: Cubao/ Marikina / Ortigas / Makati<br /><br />Gender Preference: F<br /><br />Hobbies and Interests: music(live bands/clubs/concerts)/billiards/movies/tv/food/books/computers/tech/creative stuff/pop art/beach/gym/vices/nightlife/gimmicks/beer!

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:35 PM

somebody told me that in Guava, the KARE-KARE is served (or cooked?) with CHOCOLATE.

talk about FUSION! :P

anybody try this yet? ^_^

#48 Macy

Macy

MTC QUEEN

• Ambassador
  • 28026 posts
  • Interests:music, books, computers, the study of human behavior, sexuality and sensuality

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:51 PM

:blink: note to self.... don't try kare-kare with choc :P unless the bigbadlonewolf came up with his review first... :lol:

i like the music and food in East of St. Louis.... i especially enjoyed their iced tea! :thumbsupsmiley:

#49 MrsB

MrsB

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

je suis gourmand - pate platter, prawn and smoked salmon salad, roasted vegetables and feta cheese salad, duck confit, lapu-lapu, creme brulee, strawberry sherbet, grand marnier sherbet

puccini - ricotta ravioli, fish in foil, after eight for dessert (also served at galileo)

cebu lechon near MC Home Depot - filipino dishes

pizza at S&R

zong - chinese food

le souffle

that indian resto (hussein's?) near jill's

i have yet to explore serendra. but i've tried gaudi in greenbelt and portofino at malate and they both serve good food. sarap ng steak sa gaudi!

#50 keymaker

keymaker

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:44 PM

saan parking sa serendra, sa market! market! din ba ang parking?

#51 levy

levy

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:29 AM

as of now, parking is still free at serendra, they have underground parking but it gets filled up pretty quickly.

you can also choose to park at the center islands at the other end of serendra. (not the one facing market market)

last resort na lang ang parking sa market market dahil may bayad pa duon.

i imagine though that once serendra and the other places open to full capacity, parking can be quite a problem.

#52 Lian\

Lian\

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • 1679 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:22 AM

I think its not my favorite. I visited Piazza Serendra and dined at Aloha Polu Kai. I loved the giant grilled squid.

#53 passion^in^pink

passion^in^pink

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:22 AM

sEa bAsS - Le SoUFflE meDyO orGasMiC anG DaTinG!

#54 chipmaker

chipmaker

Magnificent Bastard

• (14) Tera Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20141 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:30 AM

tried cupcakes by sonja last weekend :wub:

the shop is located in serendra complex. the place is quite small and easily gets to SRO. long lines, but well worth the wait.

#55 tonang58

tonang58

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:36 AM

I like duo and thai at silk. both were delish! try the steaks at duo both the escargo and the foie gras were very good (price ranges around 700-800 per dish). Thai at silk... try the soup with coconut milk, chicken curry and even the noodles (each dish is around 200-300) but well worth it. Try reserving first coz the restos are kinda full most of the time even during weekdays. :D happy eating!

#56 audiofool

audiofool

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

Trellis at Market Market is a good place for sisig and ihaw ihaw fare.

#57 audiofool

audiofool

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

Any rating on the food at the Prince of Jaipur?

The curries are great and go very well with the buttered Indian bread. If you're not in a buttery mood, the plain nan should be ok. There are belly dancing nights too, but the belly dancers aren't that impressive. If you're lucky, the Brazilian instructress might be dancing, and that is always a treat. But her understudies are like pole dancers in beer houses.

#58 hoovz

hoovz

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:05 PM

Is there a Japanese restaurant around here?

#59 nahugot

nahugot

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:55 AM

Meron bang resto sa Serendra na reasonable yung price, yung mala Gerry's or Aveneto? Parang puro high end kasi resto dun eh. Thanks

#60 loverboy18

loverboy18

The Lover

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:26 AM

Is there a Japanese restaurant around here?

Yup lots of Jap Rest. here
Red Kimono and Kaisake located at The Fort Strip
the other one is located near at Mcdo Net One Bldg, kahilera ng UCC Coffee, and its Sakae Sushi.
and if you want affordable Jap Rest. mayron din sa the Market Market. Tokyo Tokyo na pinaka Cheap :P and also Sushya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users