Clothes Make The Man? Or Man Makes The Clothes?

dragonei

Guest ------(-@
I think it has to work both ways really...

Clothes can make the man; if the man can make the clothes...

Its all a matter to self-confidence, of knowing what works with you, and what you're comfortable with.

A huge percentage of what I have in my closet don't have any visible "brand id's", but I make it a point to gather clothes that are very well made.

Its how you wear them really.

I agree, being in comfortable clothes gives you confidence. I personally go for custom tailored look, not baggynor tight - just right :)

• 1 month later...

Alrite... as long as you wear clean clothes that's fine with me. Projection is necessary sometimes when you're at work but it doesn't make you. It is always (hopefully) the kind of work that you do that matters. But there will be instances when you will be pre-judged based on what you wear.

I think clean clothes coupled with confident striding and a smile would definitely work... It's a toss up really if the clothes wear you or you wearing it. Models wear the clothes really but they are too gorgeous sometimes that the clothes fade in the background.

How nice it would be to walk around naked... kaso, you'd be judged naman by fat and muscle ratio ... lol... so here, A Man regardless of what he/she wears is "made" only by that same person. A life led with integrity and fun is better. Or you can project normalcy but you can turn out to be a schizo underneath your clothes.

• 3 weeks later...

You are what you wear.....I think the saying should not be limited to cloth.....(you can forgive Mark Twain coz' culture before is far different from now) .....should also include the aesthetics of your body, you face..your odor.....your assets....you don't necessarily have to be inherently beautiful....just look clean, healthy, proper and sweet smelling......people can tell a lot about you from there.

Though one shouldnt underestimate the clothes dude.....i know of a guy we had a makeover done on him.....he was downright dirty and he got lots of skin and facial acne.....we made him dress up and his market value skyrocketted.

Edited by Waterbearer
  • 3 weeks later...

it's all a matter of overall chemistry, mix and style. it's like an artwork; each colors, lines, balance, elements should have harmony with each other, and ofcourse, must be related with occupation, ocassion and place . you must be one with what you wear. You must be comfortable, u must honestly feel great when you wear it, yet very sensible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i think sa ngadadala naman yan eh

im proud to say na mga damit ko karamihan sa surplus galing

pero may friends cant stop saying ang astig ng baby tshirt ko at bagay daw

feeling ko kasi kailangang marunong kang pumili ng cut, kulay at print design

ako kasi im comfy sa mga bright colored baby tees

at isa pa dapat comportable ka rin sa suot para di magmukha kang trying hard

• 2 months later...