no comment on this thread

#3 bughaw1

bughaw1

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3637 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

hindi kaya magbantay na lang yung mga pulis sa mga gimik area tapos iinsist na uminum ka..20 k ang multa so makikihaggle ka para maglagay na lang. sana wag abusuhin to. magpapasundo na lang ako pag inuman if strikto talaga.

#4 shadow555

shadow555

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Laundry, Cooking, fishing,

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

A few years ago around 11pm, our truck was backing into our driveway when it got hit by a car, the guy was very angry even though there was a guardman and an assistant to the driver who were helping to control traffic for the truck to get in.  Galit na galit and then suddenly left... they said that he smelled of alcohol talaga.

The problem with Drunk Driving law, is that a lot of people will say they can take 2 to 3 bottles of beer without affecting their mind, driving capabilities etc.  but then there are those (like me) that even half a bottle lang tipsy na!

The law enforcement officers now has a measuring device which will help them collect data on the alcohol level of a suspect, it's similar to the speed cameras.  At least walang lusot na both ways, no "you smell like alcohol" crap from the officers, while no "isang bote lang po nainum ko" for the suspect.

Actually if the officers actually post checkpoints near Bars and drinking establishments, it might actually be a good thing.  At least they stop you from going further and maybe faster and have an accident. 

In other countries, if you really plan on drinking, arrive and leave on a Taxi nalang, or a train, etc.  Or have a designated driver.

The fear factor here:

1. If you want to risk driving drunk nowadays, you can get slapped with P20,000  or maybe if you "areglo" you pay P5,000 or hati nalang P10,000.  Keep in mind my Jail pa at license suspension.  So malamang P20,000 yung minimum na hingi.

2. If you do get into an accident while drunk, specially at night, they will probably start mandatory breath analyzer.

3. Maybe some rotten policemen might start tinkering with the breathanalyzer just like how they fix Taxi meters, so that they can get always a high % reading.  So there should be a system wherein they should first show you a baseline test before testing on you, para sure not rigged. 

Now I wonder....  sa constitution natin, if we are protected from random breath analyzer test, say from a checkpoint, because from Bughawi's comment, baka naman there is a requirement that the driver must first show signs of being drunk, before being stopped.  I mean what about those who are coming home at night from work and passed through a Bar area, will they just be called and checked? 

#5 Emilio Bonifacio

Emilio Bonifacio

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

mauuso na nman dito ang setup/frame up para lang mkapang kotong, SURE pinoy pulis pa

#6 aznaztikov

aznaztikov

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

di ka naman basta basta paparahin kung di obvious na naapektuhan ang driving mo dahil nakainom ka.

yan ang batayan ng drunk driving.

every person has different treshold sa alcohol kaya hindi porket nakainom ka eh pede ka na nila pahintuin kahit wala kang traffic violations.

#7 Nismo

Nismo

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

As far as i know, hindi basta basta paparahin ang mga motorista, tama si sir aznaztikov it will be based kung obvious naapektuhan driving mo like beating the red light etc. Then hindi agad breathe analyzer, there will be on site test where in papalakarin ka straight then going back and standing on one leg for ilang seconds then if you fail all saka lang breathe analyzer... thats what i read...

#8 shamrock8691

shamrock8691

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Big decisions, big money. Parang ATM ang buhay pinupuno ng mga bagay na may value.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

any legal details on this? marami akong mga kompare na kailangan malaman toh

#9 bughaw1

bughaw1

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3637 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

https://ph.news.yaho...-074214032.html

para may guide tayo mga pre.

#10 c32

c32

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

Yes di sila basta basta papara ng motorista tapos ipapabreathalyzer test ka. The IRR states that there should be a cause for the enforcer to pull you over such as swerving and beating the red light. Tapos may field sobriety test pa before you get to pucker up with the breathalyzer.

IMO, best way is to not drink and drive at all. If you had one too many to drink, have someone sober drive you home or call a taxi. Yes I'm sure there will be errant cops who will use this to extort us from being arrested, but if you chose not to drink and drive, then the cops will have no reason to extort you at all.

#11 aviator_guy

aviator_guy

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

Dina ako aasa pa dito sa batas nato... we have lots of issues implementing rules and guidelines :)

#12 Neuro

Neuro

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:22 PM

As from someone I know. Matagal na daw ito. Matagal n daw merong breath analyzer dito satin pero yun nga, ngayon lng kc binalita kaya ayan madami nrn kinabahan including myself until nalaman ko nga na matagal ndn plng meron nyan d2 stn.

#13 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10551 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, travel, cooking, computer gaming,

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:18 PM

Yes this is a sound advice.

There was one driver nasampolan sa Timog, lawyer pa siya. 

1st Offense license suspension for 1 year for Non Pro, Revocation if Professional

2nd Offense Revocation

Penalties from 20K to 500k and/or Imprisonment 3 months to 20 years
Depending to the damages resulting to the driver's intoxicated driving

IMO, best way is to not drink and drive at all. If you had one too many to drink, have someone sober drive you home or call a taxi. Yes I'm sure there will be errant cops who will use this to extort us from being arrested, but if you chose not to drink and drive, then the cops will have no reason to extort you at all.

#14 ej_qn

ej_qn

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:03 AM

I'm for this law if it's properly enforced.  Back in the US it's mandatory.  But if you guys fear that you will be extorted by the cops just for money then here's a simple solution.. purchase a dash cam. The dash cam I have in my vehicles saved me numerous times.

Edited by ej_qn, 01 April 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#15 hmm018

hmm018

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:35 AM

Is it true that dash cams are not allowed around BGC? Sinsita daw ng mga marshalls?

#16 eika85

eika85

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Men, sports, working out, travel, and books! Did I mention coffee and alcohol too? ;)

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

It's about time! Problem is how will they enforce this???

#17 Junior23

Junior23

Voyeur

• (02) Sinless
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

Yep even I don’t think they are going to implement this anytime sooner. My sister works in office of a Los Angeles DUI lawyer and she too told me that this is not something which can be implemented in quick time.

#18 schumi777

schumi777

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Just remember to ask the arresting officer politely of your traffic violation before they have you tested for DUI.

Strict yung law at sobrang baba ng alcohol % para matawag na DUI. Kahit 1 bottle of beer lang inumin mo, positive ka na sa breath analyzer test so better know your rights.

Pag walang traffic violation, hindi ka pwede sitahin for DUI. Pag meron naman, better pass the sobriety test or else you're screwed. Hindi ka nila pwedeng ipa-breath analyzer test if pasado ka sa sobriety test.

Edited by schumi777, 03 April 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#19 Hellboy1974

Hellboy1974

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

Delikado po talaga ito

#20 bughaw1

bughaw1

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3637 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

Just remember to ask the arresting officer politely of your traffic violation before they have you tested for DUI.

Strict yung law at sobrang baba ng alcohol % para matawag na DUI. Kahit 1 bottle of beer lang inumin mo, positive ka na sa breath analyzer test so better know your rights.

Pag walang traffic violation, hindi ka pwede sitahin for DUI. Pag meron naman, better pass the sobriety test or else you're screwed. Hindi ka nila pwedeng ipa-breath analyzer test if pasado ka sa sobriety test.

may video ba ng pag take ng sobriety test tulad ng sa states? kasi kung wala delikado kagad tayo jan. pag corrupt yung pulis eh kahit pasado ka eh sabihin nya na bagsak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users