Authentic Vs Replicas

HunkDavao

• 3 months later...

I buy replicas for "wear and tear" use like grocery shopping, weekly chores around town etc. My replica Sanuk only costed me 300 pesos yet I have been using it for 4 months na ok pa naman. Some of the polo shirts I wear for these town chores are also replicas. Truth be told, some of these look actually good, and you can wear them to death without guilt kasi mura lang. They're a way of "looking good without the guilt of wearing them down fast".

Of course I have my other wardrobe of authentic shoes and dresses (Bass, Brooks, J Crew, Ralph Lauren) which I use for dinners or outings with friends.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I don't like the idea of buying replicas of any form. It is a waste of money and screams fake, quality and materials are far from being at par with original regardless if it's first class, triple A's etc. A fake is a fake.

Although, there are some who unintentionally buy replicas because of their unawareness that a seem to be nice looking stuff were a copy and is less of a quality. What really annoys me is when people starts to brag to own an authentic even if it's a replica.

• 3 weeks later...

really depends on the type of product you're going to buy. If it's a simple product like shirt, cd, watch, yung tipo alam mo malalaspag mo din as time passes by at alam mo na maski authentic di tatagal then I'll choose an imitation. But if it's something that you think that should be an investment then go authentic. Example, I purchase imitation model kits to practice on and then I purchase the orig.

I bought a Seiko bell alarm clock with a one year warranty at 750 pesos which has luminous hands and hour markers. I believe its made in china but I'm confident the movement has parts from Seiko. Saw an exact piece at sm deparment store without the brand selling at 295 but I'm sure I wouldn't get any warranty and have anywhere to go to have it repaired with available parts.