When Is The Best Time To Work Out?

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 9:32 AM, Edmund Dantes said:

Morning with an empty stomach

It burns stored energy, it fires up metabolism, and really builds the stamina. Nga lang, sa traffic pa lang, ang aga mo na gigising. 

I have read that you should load up sa gabi (meaning eat a lot) specially those foods that are high in carbohydrates para may lakas ka sa umaga....I have been doing this for the past couple of days, ok naman kaysa eating a lot sa umaga...but it really depends on your weight goal and I will never encourage someone working out tapos gutom, haha you will never have a good workout most of the time!

• 2 weeks later...

Medyo trainer here. It depends on your objective. Much better to focus on consistency rather than the time of the day. Assuming you've reached a level of consistency that working out is already part of your lifestyle/routine, doing it at night before bed time is ideal for building muscle.

Reason for this is that you want to maximize protein synthesis - also assuming na na-reach mo protein target mo for the day. Protein synthesis works at its best pag tulog ka or when your body is at the state of rest

Again, this is for building muscle ha. Iba usapan pag weight loss.

For weight loss objective, there are no exercise, routine or program that's designed to make you shed weight. The only solution here is to put yourself in a caloric/energy deficit. Meaning, you consume less calories than what your body spends. This will allow your body to tap in to fat storage as a source of energy.

There are no clinical evidences to prove that fasted cardio works. Testimonial and anecdotal lang. What gives an impression na gumagana yun is the fact that you literally feel lighter when you do early morning fasted cardio, but in reality, wala ka lang talagang kinain kaya you feel lighter. So for me, it doesn't matter kung fasted cardio or fed cardio (personally prefer the latter) para mas malakas at efficient ka.