Boston Celtics

so even LBJ and KD was not considered clutch as per co-players standards. lol

this one is pretty much deserving for IT

Celtics news: Isaiah Thomas lauded as Best Clutch Performer by NBPA

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-isaiah-thomas-lauded-as-best-clutch-performer-by-nbpa/

At 5-foot-9, Thomas was one of the most dangerous scorers in the league in the fourth quarter, leading the NBA in fourth-quarter points and making several game-winners throughout the season and postseason.

The All-Star point guard also finished third in the league in scoring at 28.9 points-per-game clip and an unbelievable efficiency, shooting 46.3 percent from the field, 37.9 percent from deep, and a massive 90.9 percent from the stripe.

Head coach Brad Stevens has consistently relied on Thomas an put the ball in his hands, as he’s delivered time and time again — now proven by his peers with this award.

Edited by daphne loves derby

Cavs news: Cleveland engages in trade talks with Celtics involving Kyrie Irving, Isaiah Thomas

https://cavsnation.com/cavs-news-cleveland-engages-trade-talks-celtics-kyrie-irving-isaiah-thomas/

Report: Celtics, Cavaliers swap point guards Thomas and Irving

http://sports.abs-cbn.com/nba/news/2017/08/23/report-celtics-cavaliers-swap-guards-thomas-irving-30041

Edited by daphne loves derby

Cavs news: Cleveland engages in trade talks with Celtics involving Kyrie Irving, Isaiah Thomas

https://cavsnation.com/cavs-news-cleveland-engages-trade-talks-celtics-kyrie-irving-isaiah-thomas/

Report: Celtics, Cavaliers swap point guards Thomas and Irving

http://sports.abs-cbn.com/nba/news/2017/08/23/report-celtics-cavaliers-swap-guards-thomas-irving-30041

I think Danny gave up a lot. Irving for Thomas, Crowder, Zizic and 2108 Brooklyn 1st ? The Cavs Fleeced the Celtics in this deal. With Irving on the team, I wonder if Irving will be willing to play team ball.

Edited by gulayat

Starting five:

PF-Horford

SF-Hayward

C-Baynes

PG-Irving

SG-Brown

Putting things in perspective, the fire power of the Cs improve in the post season. Irving averaged almost 30 ppg in the Finals which is the biggest stage of all. Also, we now have the best one on one player in the NBA bar none.

Mr. Cutter, how good of a Center is Baynes? How does he match up with the rest in that position?

kailangan ba talaga 3 kapalit ni Kyrie + draft pick pa? grabe naman ata.. :rolleyes:

New reports suggest na kung di natuloy ang trade, kakagatin ng Cavs ang offer ng Bucks... Brogdon + Middleton + pick... Which means, Planning for the future talaga ang Cavs... This would put the Bucks as legit contenders if the Celtics trade did not push through...

This trade narrows the gap between the Celtics and Cavs. Pero, sa tingin ko, medyo nalugi ang Celtics sa trade na ito, they gave up a precious pick that can be an NBA superstar in the coming years. Good move by the Cavs.

Still, a healthy Celtics and a healthy Cavs in the East Finals would result in Cavs winning the series.

sa totoo lng, talo ang boston sa trade na nangyari, wait lng natin kung ano ang plano p ng boston,siguro maghahanap pa sila na pwede kadynamic duo ni kyrie,malay natin before playoffs may dumagdag na veteran,scorer to help kyrie db,mahaba p ang league,

Sa tingin ko talo ang Boston dito dahil kasama ang Nets pick. What dynamic duo are you talking about? Irving has an excellent team and a sublime coach behind him. Irving is not yet in his prime, yet, he already hit the greatest shot in NBA Finals history, not to mention averaging almost 30 ppg in the NBA Finals. He is as clutch as Larry Legend, Air Jordan and Black Mamba. Lechoke James is not in the league of Kyrie Irving when it comes to the clutch. If Brad Stevens can motivate Isaiah Thomas to be an All-NBA second teamer, think of what he can do to a 4-time All Star in Kyrie Irving. He could well transform him to a perennial All-NBA first teamer and perennial MVP candidate. I won't be surprised if Irving becomes MVP this year.

parang stockton and malone,jordan pippen,kobe shaq,dynamic duo,batman and robin,ganun

I haven't seen him play but, based on what I read, he is an enforcer who can rough up opposing centers, pretty much like Kendrick Perkins.

yep, sounds about right. :)

so, both teams on full strength I'd say Cavs still has the edge, albeit a narrow edge, against the C's in 2017-2018 season.

Replacing Bradley and Crowder on the defensive end won't be easy. The flip side is the Cavs have a brittle backcourt with Rose's knee and IT2's hip in question. If ever the Cavs go Rose and IT2 on the backcourt, the C's can counter with Kyrie and Smart. However, Crowder and LeBron can lock down Hayward while Crowder/Shumpert/Rose can contain Kyrie.

The Cavs were probably thinking more so on how to counter the Warriors's death lineup with Love, LeBron, Crowder, IT2, and Rose; at least that lineup's offense should be formidable on paper. The other part is that 2018 Nets pick is somewhat of an insurance in case LeBron bails on them again next season.

So barring injuries, how much Horford, Jaylen Brown, and to a lesser extent Jayson Tatum step up on both ends of the floor will help dictate how deep the C's can go in the playoffs.

What is your basis for confidently saying that the Cavs would win a potential Eastern Conference Finals showdown?

Simple lang naman un pre, ang Boston last year is a good defensive team, how about this coming season? Losing Avery Bradley and Crowder hurts their defense.

Irving likes to play ISO, what can you say about that? Celtics offense is team oriented.

Plus, the Cavs still have Lebron, how about the Cs?

Crowder and Bradley are excellent defenders, especially, Avery Bradley, a past first team all defense. However, they could not stop the offensive juggernaut of James and Irving. Was Crowder able to lock down Hayward when the Cs went up against the Jazz? You are assuming that Crowder and James can lock down Hayward. It's not as if the Cs are gonna be dependent on Irving and Hayward. The "read and react" offense is predicated on finding the open man. No one can stop Irving, the best isolation scorer and the best finisher in the NBA in my opinion. Irving will run rings around the 3 players you mentioned.

Not seeing him play but reading about Baynes makes my post have basis.

It can be considered an educated assumption because of what I highlighted in bold. And LeBron can probably hang with Hayward. Hell, JR Smith could cover Hayward if he's catching fire on the 3-Ball since Lue somehow motivated JR to play defense.

Of course no one can stop Irving, that's why he's considered a superstar. You are probably underestimating that Lue knows a thing or two on how to contain Kyrie. On the other hand, Brad will know a thing or two on how to contain IT2.

And finally, that's a weak sauce basis but ok. :)

The Cavs were probably thinking more so on how to counter the Warriors's death lineup with Love, LeBron, Crowder, IT2, and Rose; at least that lineup's offense should be formidable on paper.

Curry and Thompson will have a grand time scoring on Rose and IT. Let's face it, James or Love can't stop Durant. That line-up will have a hard time against the Celtics and will have a hard time getting past the Celtics. I doubt they will get past the Celtics, let alone the Ws.

Should be obvious where the flaw in your rebuttal is. Nuff said.

Lechoke James did not win the title by himself. His ass got saved by Ray Allen and Kyrie Irving in two championship series. A team's fortunes don't exactly depend on one player. The Cs have 3 legit All Stars, one up and coming sophomore and a superb rookie, not to mention a solid supporting cast in Morris and Baynes. I will hold my judgement on the rookies and new pickups since they haven't played an NBA game but in Brad I trust.

Yes, you are right, no player can win the title by himself. But the Cavs got a handful of players that will support Lebron. The recent trades of Celtics puts them a notch down in terms of defense. Remember that the Cavs defense always is at full gear when playoff time arrives.