Warning About Toyota Cars

dude, do you have any details about the diesel problem? we're planning of buying an innova pa naman...

i think its something in the crdi system. (toyota's d4d)

there's something wrong with the ECU.

i've heard that a fortuner with a d4d engine (same system as in the innova) just shut off by itself while it was travelling along

the road at 100+ kph. good thing no one was hurt.

sa tibay tlga.. toyota ang maasahan.. meron kaming toyota 2 units isa since 96 pa.. pagnakita nyo gud as new pa... yun isa naman corolla 2000 model la pang major repair na ginagawa.. tlgang reliable paggusto nyo ng kotseng pangmatagalan.. pero if you plan to change from time to time kahit ano pwd na.. since ur willing to change it after a few years.. :cool:

toyota is still the best. its up to the owner kung papano nya aalagaan ang sasakyan. parang tao din yan, kapag may sakit dapat ginagamot agad.

Though I believe that toyotas in general are very reliable, one cannot proclude the possibility that

they would have a bad design or a bad batch of parts once in a while. We have a 2002 1.6G Altis

and it was already burning oil when two years ago when it had only 40,000km. We do our own

maintenance so there is no casa to blame here. We have owned more than 40 cars in the last

20 years and none of them ever required an overhaul this early. The closest one would probably

be an FX with 85,000 kms on it.

toyota EXPERIENCE- 1986 we bought tamaraw , hiace 1998 250k mileage b4 we sold it , 1999grandia upto now 300k mileage ok pa , 2001 grandia na overhauled 15ok mileage maybe na pabayaan maintenance , 2003 super grandia 140k mileage no repairs , 2006 innova J 5o k mileage , sa brother in law ko fortuner nagloko daw injection so under warranty pinalitan, less then 20k mileage ng fortuner nya, 2006 hiace grandia , yan ang experience namin sa toyota . contented sa service performance . yun lang, manila -launion byahe ko 2times a week, dpa ako tinirik nyan

i think its something in the crdi system. (toyota's d4d)

there's something wrong with the ECU.

i've heard that a fortuner with a d4d engine (same system as in the innova) just shut off by itself while it was travelling along

the road at 100+ kph. good thing no one was hurt.

from what i've heard, the crdi does have a problem... it's based on the cylinder head being made out of alloy daw (not so sure about it, similar problem with the trooper also). can someone please bring light to this? for me, im not buying a diesel engine till the reviews get better.

• 4 weeks later...

sa lahat talaga ng product merong lumalabas na di maganda, imposible na walang lumabas na may defect.

malas mo lang kapag ikaw ang nakabili nito.

i had a mitsubishi lancer, honda civic esi and lxi, toyota altis and toyota revo sr.

you just cannot say that one is superior to the other or one is problem free, lahat yan may mga strength and weakness.

yung lancer naging problem ko dun yung engine cooling system, yung honda civic esi malakas sa gas and may problema sa electronic system pero grabe sa ganda ng response, zero to 100kph in less than 10 seconds, yung honda lxi nagluluko yung electronics ng cooling system and mabagal yung response pero ang tipid sa gas and ang gaan i-drive, yung altis ang bigat ng steering wheel, namimiss-align yung mga windows and minsan parang biglang nag-i-slide yung clutch lalo kapag bigla mong ni-rev-up (brand new lang ito ha) pero grabe sa tipid sa gas, manila to baguio to manila 40 liters lang. yung toyota revo sr naman laging may fuel knock tapos lakas pa sa gas, madali pang nakawin yung side mirrors, madali ding masira yung grills ng aircon, mahinang klase ng plastic, pero gaan naman ng handling at ginhawa pa sa space at may porma.

pero in the end, yung performance ng sasakyan depende pa rin sa pag-aalaga ng gumagamit nito. and on my observation, yung mga sasakyan na minamaneho ng mga employed drivers ang madalas na madaling masira, kasi hindi naman nag-ke-care yung mga employed drivers na hindi naman kanila yung sasakyan, lalo na kung masungit yung amo, sinisira pa nga, tapos kung walang alam yung may-ari sa sasakyan, madalas ginogoyo sila nung employed driver, kahit kamag-anak nyo pa yan. bihira yung employed drivers na may malasakit sa sasakyan, laging may sama ng loob yan sa amo, lalo na kung maliit lang ang sahod at napapagalitan pa. kaya mga pareko, try to learn more about your cars and don't entrust them to people who have no reason to care for it.

yeah...

maintaining your car is not as easy as going to casa whenever it had defects or trouble..

it should be regularly maintained..and as a driver you should know how, and the workaround "your car"

i would take a toyota car more than any other car...^_^

magrereklamo agad na bad ang toyota..eh baka bad rin yng owner ehehehehe..^_^

ang sagot lang dyan eh..find a good mechanic and ask what's the problem...and can offer aftermarket products that will surely lasts..

Just goes to show that they will try to weasel out if they can. Who knows if they tell the truth or not. To all you people who posted your own experiences, I say thanks.

To all those people lucky enough to never have had any car issues, I say good for you.

And to all the pseudo mechanics out there... I bet its real hard not being able to think for yourself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sa lahat talaga ng product merong lumalabas na di maganda, imposible na walang lumabas na may defect.

malas mo lang kapag ikaw ang nakabili nito.

i agree, bro. IMHO, kahit benz pa bilhin mo, minsan talagang may palpak pa rin. i remember dati na may pinalabas sa tv na yung volvo may defect at hindi maayos-ayos.

revo namin after 1 year, yung fuel gauge naman ang problem. very inaccurate. pinagawa na namin dati sa casa, hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin maayos. :D

actually, benz ngayon madami problema. sa u.s, toyota na number one. at nasa top 3 in terms of reliability. so tama, malas na lang kung lemon ang nakuha mo. pero dapat under warranty yan, minsan yun dealer pinapahirapan customer nila.

one time bumili kia carnival kaibigan ko. lemon nakuha nila. every week for the first month meron bagong sira nakikita. sinubukan ayusin naman ng dealer nila pero palpak pa din. nagsawa na at nagalit yun dad ng friend ko so nagreklamo mismo sa kia head office. in the end, pinalitan buong car nila kahit 2-3 month used na. ok naman yun replaement car. meron na lang problem sa aircon pero naayos naman.

I have no problem with people negatively criticizing a brand or product as long as there is a solid evidence they can present which is backed up by data from a reputable source. Hearing a "proof" from a third party and then packaging it as if it is a "solid" evidence is altogether dubious to say the less.

One shoud present facts that are verifable and could stand scrunity.

• 4 weeks later...
thanks for the feed pre.. kaya pala dinadive nila presto ngayon ng altis.. was planning to buy before the end of the year, honda na lang kaya??

Bro,

they're slashing prices of altis because it's about to be phased out, it's a good opportunity to buy. IMO, i prefer toyota over honda because toyota spare parts have lower prices.

• 1 month later...

we started having problems with our generic toyota cd player about a month ago. a week ago, it wouldnt play any of our cd's (even the original cds). we bought our car (toyota vios) 2 years ago. 2 of my co workers have the same problem (toyota vios and altis) plus a cousin (vios). after 2 to 3 years, our toyota cd players started malfunctioning.

My aunt recently bought a Vios from Toyota Pampanga. Those bastards took more than a month to get her license plates. They have the worst service and not very truthful. :thumbsdownsmiley:

One month waiting time for the car plate is the standard nowadays. The case is the same with other brands & even motorcycles.

One month waiting time for the car plate is the standard nowadays. The case is the same with other brands & even motorcycles.

For Manila maybe one month is standard - not for Pampanga. My Dad called them and threatened to bring action against them. They called my aunt right after that and gave her the license plate.

i feel bad for you guys....have you have it checked with other casa's? or try to consult with toyotaclub......

though i really believe dapat religious ang pagpalit ng oil....every 5k or 3 months (whichever comes first). sometimes i go beyond that (but i don't drive a toyota)...try to avoid mag blacken na masyado yung oil by doing weekly checkups if you do not intend to change the oil in recommended intervals.

• 4 weeks later...
Bro,

they're slashing prices of altis because it's about to be phased out, it's a good opportunity to buy. IMO, i prefer toyota over honda because toyota spare parts have lower prices.

yah.. toyota has better servicing pero meron ako na notice sa toyota vs honda gasoline vehicles, yung ride sa honda mas smooth kaysa sa toyota.. another is that if you compare a 1.6 na altis vs a 1.6 na civic (both 2004 models) mas lighter 2 drive yung 1.6 civic over the altis.. but in terms of fuel economy, mas economic ung altis..it's a matter of preference lang.. mas matibay din yung parts sa toyota kc for heavier use such as taxis comapred to honda pero yung interior sa honda ay maganda compared sa toyota. the interior sa top of the line vios for sale now is the same as the interior sa one of the variants sa camry.. yung dashboard placement and design

• 4 weeks later...
yah.. toyota has better servicing pero meron ako na notice sa toyota vs honda gasoline vehicles, yung ride sa honda mas smooth kaysa sa toyota.. another is that if you compare a 1.6 na altis vs a 1.6 na civic (both 2004 models) mas lighter 2 drive yung 1.6 civic over the altis.. but in terms of fuel economy, mas economic ung altis..it's a matter of preference lang.. mas matibay din yung parts sa toyota kc for heavier use such as taxis comapred to honda pero yung interior sa honda ay maganda compared sa toyota. the interior sa top of the line vios for sale now is the same as the interior sa one of the variants sa camry.. yung dashboard placement and design

Civics have better driver visibility, corners better too, I've beaten galants, corollas and camrys on a slalom with an ordinary vti. With a little programming/chip replacement an ordinary vti (find a way to take off the catalytic converter and rev limiter on your new civic and you'll see :)) can be a real motorsport performer not like its Toyota counterparts. Ive had every civic from 91 to present except for the sir variants, we stopped buying corollas/altis five years ago. Mura na rin parts nang honda plenty of aftermarket performance stuff you can get out there.

here are some of the usual honda downsides, may trade off ang performance:

1. weak brakes

2. bad automatic transmissions on civics (2000 down i think)

3. engine cooling systems that are guaranteed to break down five years after purchase without warning

4. weak suspension (stock)

Pero the Land Cruiser rockS! no equal talaga....hehe sorry ha..what can I say? Good power to weight ratio...drives like a civic on the street (no kidding), durable pa.