Xbox Or Playstation?

@reggie .. i think thats a little bit ot..

but what the heck... hdtv is somewhat connected to ps3 and xbox :D

hehehe

>>>

just some of my experiences...

hd tv.. with any console would definitely give you a hard on... figuratively of course..

anyway...

to better appreciate..such graphics... at least 42 inches is needed... (read that from one of the magz i have here.. just can't remember)

and please.. do get one that has 1080p...

not anything less... (some shops would sell.. "hdtvs" with discount and great bundles.. but behold.. they are of the lesser quality and lower ratings...)

but yes they would be more affordable since they are of ... old stocks :D

... going to get an hdtv.. is somewhat not really

affordable??

its more of an investment...

i guess for a crisp.. and eye dropping experience you'll need around 100k easy if you want to get something great..

but.. if you would suffice with something smaller..

i saw something on the newspaper..

it said that its selling a "HDTV" ... for around 19,999 if you get one before december something.. real price is at 25thou..

im not just so sure about this..

it goes by the company name of gcube.. or xcube... im not just so sure.. i can't quite remember...

it seems they also sell computer stuff and other security cams/products.. just can't remember their company name :D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

a little more ot :D

anyway.. you wont go wrong with a sharp... ..

go for a 32 inch.. i guess.. that size would be around the 40thou budget...(not that sure of the pricing now a days)

just something i learned...

sony is great with advertisement... and all.. but i foundout.. that its sharp that makes sony's panels... and sony just "upgrade it with their software"

plus "they sweaten" their deal with "free" speakers and players that aren't really that good .. and "they aren't really free" because you can opt not to get them.. and get a few more thou for discount...

just some marketing ploy... :D

anyway thats what i heard.. from the guy incharge of the flat hdtvs in the store i bought it from... so..

and a little chika... a certain personality who endorses sony .. got a few gifts... from one of her other endorsers... with her blessing/choosing of course...

she went with sharp flat screens... :D

anyway just some chika :D

/////////////////////////

in terms of a hdtv.. i got a 46inch sharp :D hehehe............. dropped around 100+ on this baby...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

basta the only tip i could give talaga is to .. go around... do some window shopping and look for a great guy that is manning the lcd/flat screen area of the store

(like abenson, and other appliance store shop...etc....)

and be friendly with the guys so they can give you tips on what to pick... :D

and great discounts :D

good luck and god bless on looking for a nice hdtv :D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

para di na ot...

until now i stand by my answer.. ps3 hands down...

hehehehe.. still have a great time with it... and just played mw2.. for 7 hours straight online..

and its still standing :D yeah

my xbox is just gather dust...

even if i bought the left 4 dead 2 game... well.. its just still there...

• 3 weeks later...

the PS3 offers more advanced hardware capabilities than the 360..

the PS3 has more longevity than the 360..the 360 has reached its hardware limit while developers for PS3 games have only begun to scratch the surface of what the PS3 can do..and already its kicking a$$..

the PS3 has a significantly less failure rate than the 360..i don't care what new 360 model recently came out that is "supposedly" more reliable (like they expect me to buy a new one as replacement for my old less-reliable one)..the fact that they manufactured their first models like crap means they can't be trusted with your hard earned money..

the 360 has more games, sure..but none nearly as awesome as any of the PS3 exclusives..

the 360 has cheaper games (pirat3d)..but doesn't having all original games give you a sense of pride? trust me it will..

PS3 controller design is way way better than the 360's..nuff said..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have owned an Xbox360 a couple of months back, I bought it brand new and modded for 13K... But i sold it after a month of because it ended up as a boring pc counterpart.

Pros:

* Pirated Games

* Can play *some* avi videos

* Can play MP3's

* Can Browse Pictures

* A/V cable has decent output even for non HDTV's or LCD's... meaning Just your regular TV.

* Wireless controller feels and responds great.

Cons:

* You will need to buy a 220v adaptor/transformer since most entry level 360's are all 120v

* If you're 360 is modded, NO XBOX Live for you.

* If you're 360 is modded, You will always need to modify it to play the latest games. Unless you go legit.

* Most games are rather boring and good games are usually available for PC.

I'm planning to get a PS3. Here's what i know so far about it...

* The shop i bought my 360 sells the 120gb ps3 slim + 2 original titles (i'm opting the metal gear 4 and god of war 3) for 17,800.

* It's 220v so no worries about voltage.

Cons of the ps3:

* Expensive games. But the trick of the trade is buying second hand games for almost half the price once the seller finishes the game/s.

* You will need to buy an HDTV / LCD with HDMI input to really appreciate the graphical prowess of the ps3. The a/v cable you get can only show ps2 type of graphic output even on a giant HDTV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Graphics wise=360

Games Library=360

Online Content/Experience=360

Price=360

Availability of games in the Philippines=360

Durability=PS3

Controller=PS3

I have 'em both, and well, how do you call something that falls in between a casual and a hardcore gamer? I do my own reviews on my blog, I can't remember what month is my post about the comparison of a 360 and a PS3 in the Philippine shores, but in a nutshell lemme give this to ya.

Comparing the graphics of both consoles, I'd easily say that the 360 tops the PS3. Yes, the PS3 has a far more superior architecture and supposed horsepower than the 360, but at the same time, it is also noted as the PS3's downfall. A complex architecture relatively means a more difficult programming, designing architecture, and guidelines which are to be followed by game developers.

Game library and availability of games, the 360 for the win on this one again. PS3's game library is even nowhere near 1/3 of the 360's titles. At the back of your mind, you could be saying "aaah that's the case because the PS3 have much more quality games" WRONG! As I've mentioned on my first paragraph, most games in the PS3 are just being pushed so that the PS3 has the same title with that on the 360. "Pinilit ilagay" sa PS3 is my layman term for it.

Online content/experience, hands down 360. In a world where connectivity is extremely vital, why would you wanna be stuck @ your home playing with at the most 8 of your friends, when you can play smoothly and compete with thousands of 360 online players. The microsoft's 360 network is unparalleled at this point and makes Sony's PSN look like a joke.

Price, just look it up at your favorite console shop. I might be mistaken though as I heard a significant price cut in the PS3's price tag.

Durability, the PS3 wins this, hands down. The 360 was never really made and designed for humid countries like ours, so it really heats up like it has gone through an OTB race. And it is a known design flaw, that the 360's airflow mechanism is just BS.

Controller, once again, the PS3 for the win on this one. Never has there been another controller as comfortable as PS's controller, starting its legacy on the first gen PS, remained unchanged due to its great comfort and design up to its PS3 brothers.

So, my take is that, if you have a very cool place, like a room with an aircon with tons of horsepower, then go for the 360, especially if you are not hellbent on grabbing PS3 exclusive titles like Metal Gear series and Gran Turismo Series. But if you like console exclusive games like those mentioned before, think of going for the PS3. Who knows, maybe in the future, game developers will know how to fully utilize the PS3's extremely powerful architecture.

PS3. With the new PS3 slim, it has better heat dissipation compared to the PS3 phat. I've owned both PS3 models and the Slim is a better console. Graphics in some games it is better than the PS3 but in most reviews I've read the 360 beats the PS3 in graphics. Online content I'd go with the PS3... why? Coz its free, in the 360 you have to pay for a monthly fee to enjoy content and play in the xbox network. The PSN is free and they are continuing to expand the online content.

When the PS3 first came it, it was a no contest in terms of the game libraries, but as the PS3 is maturing and as several years have gone by, there are just more and more PS3 exclusive games that are generally better than the ones at Xbox such as Metal Gear, Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 1 & 2, Killzone2, God of War 3, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo... nuff said.

Sony has also brought down the price of both the console and the games. So after a year or two more I think it wont even be a discussino, plus the PS3 can play blu ray movies and will soon have a motion controller.

• 1 month later...

It really depends on your preference. If you want to play online the 360 will give you a much more diverse playing field because for me xbox live has the best service inspite of shelling out some cash for memberships. Plus if you're 360 is connected to your network you can use the media center function of it making you PC the master control center of all your multimedia needs. Its a shame we dont have tivo here but with the PC/xbox connection both units can trade info like streaming music from your pc or playing HD movies direct from your pc to your xbox and HD tv.Since everyone's intyo downloading their fav tv series off the internet anyways. Still, the PS3 has a lot of game titles that are way cooler. Metalgear and Granturismo still rocks. So I think the best compromise is just to own both but really, who can tell the difference between a 720p to a 1080p resolution? Hardly non at all least you get a totally high end TV with very upscale speakers and power amps.

go for the ps3! mas madami maganda titles na lalabas, yung sa 360 kase usually meron naman din sa pc yung games.

(pero mas tipid nga lang talaga 360 game-wise :rolleyes: , problema mo nalang kung gano katagal tatagal 360 mo hehe)

It really depends on your preference. If you want to play online the 360 will give you a much more diverse playing field because for me xbox live has the best service inspite of shelling out some cash for memberships. Plus if you're 360 is connected to your network you can use the media center function of it making you PC the master control center of all your multimedia needs. Its a shame we dont have tivo here but with the PC/xbox connection both units can trade info like streaming music from your pc or playing HD movies direct from your pc to your xbox and HD tv.Since everyone's intyo downloading their fav tv series off the internet anyways. Still, the PS3 has a lot of game titles that are way cooler. Metalgear and Granturismo still rocks. So I think the best compromise is just to own both but really, who can tell the difference between a 720p to a 1080p resolution? Hardly non at all least you get a totally high end TV with very upscale speakers and power amps.

The big differentiator on the online content for the xbox and ps3 is that you have to pay a monthly fee for xbox live, while the PSN is free! So for me this gives it a big plus as they're not milking you for monthly subscription fees.

• 1 month later...