Guitar Talk

try some instructional vidoes bro, i recommend rock discipline by john petruchi, tama ba spelling the guitarist of dream teather, anyways it starts very basic moving to advanced. even includes stretching exercises. Paul gilbert's instuctionals are good too, simple to follow. For beginers don't get yngwie's instructionals they are for the really advanced guys. Slow mo na nga ang bilis parin kakainis.  :angry:  his technique and scale use is very good tho!

I bought that video of his a few years ago yun nga lang video format pa kaya i had a hard time slowing the playtime. his stretching exercises are really great, it would really help stretch your fingers. nakakaaliw din panoorin yung mga solo demos niya kaya kadalasan kapag pinapanood ko yung video tutorial niya, napaptunganga na lang ako. :)

Matigas lang siguro ang mga daliri ko.Hirap ako sa tabs as in mahina sa shift,slide,scales lahat.I can read chords but can do B,C#m7,Bb,G#m7,Absus,Bbsus mga yan.just improvise.

Buti na lang when I got dragged to session in a couple of gigs,I just powerchorded the songs.Buti nakalusot.But serious,I want to refine my playing style.

BTW-Poll muna:

What are the most awesome guitar riffs or solos you wish you could learn to play-ever?

Me-The opening riff of Sweet Child O' Mine,The Guitar solo of My Sharona,All Gin Blossoms guitar riffs.

Matigas lang siguro ang mga daliri ko.Hirap ako sa tabs as in mahina sa shift,slide,scales lahat.I can read chords but can do B,C#m7,Bb,G#m7,Absus,Bbsus mga yan.just improvise.

Buti na lang when I got dragged to session in a couple of gigs,I just powerchorded the songs.Buti nakalusot.But serious,I want to refine my playing style.

BTW-Poll muna:

What are the most awesome guitar riffs or solos you wish you could learn to play-ever?

Me-The opening riff of Sweet Child O' Mine,The Guitar solo of My Sharona,All Gin Blossoms guitar riffs.

Ako TRILOGY SUITE ni yngwie, he taught it in one of his vidoes to quote "here it is slow" nampucha ang bilis parin. Another one CLIFFS OF DOVER eric johnson, i'm a big fan of this guy. and pantera riff, which is so hard to emulate since he uses 3 stages of whammy, the bar , his whammy pedal and another one switch by his guitar rodie backstage.

nope, his teacher...perf

reliable nga source mo! :lol: i didnt know he was manuel's teacher..

Ako TRILOGY SUITE ni yngwie, he taught it in one of his vidoes to quote "here it is slow" nampucha ang bilis parin...

mayabang si malmsteen sa instructional videos niya! :grr: wala akong natutunan! pero aliw parin panoorin yung video! :cool:

some cool songs/riffs i could play are: cowboys from hell - pantera, little wing - jimi hendrix, thats the way - led zeppelin, one - metallica, overture 1928 - dream theater

some cool songs/riffs i could play are: cowboys from hell - pantera, little wing - jimi hendrix, thats the way - led zeppelin, one - metallica, overture 1928 - dream theater

Astig yung overture 1928! :boo:

I can play some part of it though I can never get the break at the start right.

I remember jumping out of my seat nung tinugtog ni JM yan dun sa Yupangco clinic nya. :lol:

I can also play a considerable part of Beyond This Life (also by DT) pero hindi continuous - kakapagod kasi.

Was able to watch The Videos of Joe Satriani-The Satch Tapes and Scales and Solos.Pucha,lupet kaso I lost him when he went into distortion na.Damn,pag nag guitar clinic yan dito.Una na ako sa pila,baka mag camp out pa sa venue.

My Guitar at present:

http://www.peavey.com/images/products/electricguitars/raptorplus/raptorExpplus_transred_lg.jpg

we should have a tab exchange/swap here. especially for OPM songs, since they're the ones thats not readily available on the net. im looking for razorback and wolfgang tabs, it doesnt have to be complete.. kahit yung main riffs lang!

try visiting azchords.com they have several OPM tab songs there. :thumbsupsmiley:

Astig yung overture 1928!  :boo:

I can play some part of it though I can never get the break at the start right.

I remember jumping out of my seat nung tinugtog ni JM yan dun sa Yupangco clinic nya.  :lol:

I can also play a considerable part of Beyond This Life (also by DT) pero hindi continuous - kakapagod kasi.

wow nka attend ka pla ng bass clinic ni master john ... buti k p, but masyadong mataas n level n ung playing nya e, pro in the near future would love to learn that kind of bass playing

right now i'm trying to learn funk ... FLEA style and some bass theories= katatapos ko lang sa rock bass theories e

wow nka attend ka pla ng bass clinic ni master john ... buti k p, but masyadong mataas n level n ung playing nya e, pro in the near future would love to learn  that  kind of bass playing

right now i'm trying  to learn funk ... FLEA style and some bass theories= katatapos ko lang sa rock bass theories e

pre, share ko sa iyo yung flea instructional clip ni saito-san if u r interested. just pm me ur email address.