The SM Complaint Thread

been a movie fan since I can remember. what dulls my movie experiences are the policy of these sm cinemas

1) saw Fantastic 4 in sm megamall. just as the credits starts to roll, the cinema lights are turned on. and the last scene of the movie was virtually "whited out" by the lights. complained to the people on duty and what did these people say, "tapos na ang pelikula kaya may ilaw na". so what about the whited out final scene, hindi ba parte ng pelikula iyon? "hindi". strike 1

2) saw wolverine on sm taytay. lights on during the credits roll. the stryker arrest scene was barely visble in the white lights. the Japan scene was totally cut. the cinema's reason? "no one is around to see the final scene". so with all the lights on, they didnt see me and my 180 lb tub? what got my goat was a bastardo employee claiming that, "the price of a ticket does not guarantee a full movie". WTF !?!?!?

now I am throwing my lot with the film pirates. patrons beware, in sm cinemas, a ticket does not guarantee anything, even the decency of a full movie

sir Atong youre right, i guess you cant avoid especially in our econmic situation, every big biz has one , at least ....

hope you can share boss , aside from contracting of manpower, walang patawad sa parking, how sm eliminated the competiion sa mga movies ...

i talked to several of the higher ups of major malls in manila. ALL moviehouses are losing money. they are just there to complement the malls.

sm's greed is more evident in the department stores and supermarket regarding suppliers and tenants. havent you wondered why many brands are not sold in sm supermarkets but sold in cherry foodamara or unimart/cash carry? unfair business practices? ask suppliers of sm who cough up discounts on their products for various fees for events or promos of sm.

ever wondered why there are no mercury drug outlets in sm malls? ask your elders preferably those who knew how the old man held a grudge.

there was talk among the elders regarding henry sy allegedly liquidating his old partner in quiapo during the 60's to get complete control of sm. anybody want to confirm this?

Edited by ATONG ANG
i talked to several of the higher ups of major malls in manila. ALL moviehouses are losing money. they are just there to complement the malls.

sm's greed is more evident in the department stores and supermarket regarding suppliers and tenants. havent you wondered why many brands are not sold in sm supermarkets but sold in cherry foodamara or unimart/cash carry? unfair business practices? ask suppliers of sm who cough up discounts on their products for various fees for events or promos of sm.

ever wondered why there are no mercury drug outlets in sm malls? ask your elders preferably those who knew how the old man held a grudge.

there was talk among the elders regarding henry sy allegedly liquidating his old partner in quiapo during the 60's to get complete control of sm. anybody want to confirm this?

this may be going a bit OT ........ but based on some hearsay from elders.

When Mr. Sy was just starting out in the quiapo area, he asked the people at Mercury if he could take up (or rent) some of the drugstore's space for him to sell his wares. Mercury refused and Mr. Sy had to find a place for himself.

Eventually, When SM grew big, it was mercury's turn to apply for spaces in the malls...... and I think that Mr. Sy, still holding a grudge against the drugstore, also refused. (mr. sy even opened up his own drugstore)

As to the cinemas..... its been quite awhile since I've entered an SM movie house so I cant comment. These past year, its been mostly watching movies at Trinoma.

To sell items on Henry's shelves in SM Supermarket you will need these

600,000 pesos - Product debut ... To allow your product to be sold in SM Supermarket ... Note this applies per SKU ...

Meaning if you pay 600K for your product of 1 litter packages ... you will pay another for your 500ml ones

80,000 pesos - for Gondola displays - Have you ever seen those Christmas displays of products on separate shelves?

This cost will only allow your gondola to stand for 2 weeks

5% cough it up during 3-day sales .... - or free stuff

Yes this is mandatory ... else magagalit si MR. SY

sm's greed is more evident in the department stores and supermarket regarding suppliers and tenants. havent you wondered why many brands are not sold in sm supermarkets but sold in cherry foodamara or unimart/cash carry? unfair business practices? ask suppliers of sm who cough up

Terms of Payment to suppliers :

120 days

Bad orders are deducted automatically on the invoice... May angal ka?

Edited by lomex32
  • Like (+1) 1
sir Atong youre right, i guess you cant avoid especially in our econmic situation, every big biz has one , at least ....

hope you can share boss , aside from contracting of manpower, walang patawad sa parking, how sm eliminated the competiion sa mga movies ...

I'm curious on this one ....... so how did SM eliminate the competition as far as movies are concerned ?????

been a movie fan since I can remember. what dulls my movie experiences are the policy of these sm cinemas

1) saw Fantastic 4 in sm megamall. just as the credits starts to roll, the cinema lights are turned on. and the last scene of the movie was virtually "whited out" by the lights. complained to the people on duty and what did these people say, "tapos na ang pelikula kaya may ilaw na". so what about the whited out final scene, hindi ba parte ng pelikula iyon? "hindi". strike 1

2) saw wolverine on sm taytay. lights on during the credits roll. the stryker arrest scene was barely visble in the white lights. the Japan scene was totally cut. the cinema's reason? "no one is around to see the final scene". so with all the lights on, they didnt see me and my 180 lb tub? what got my goat was a bastardo employee claiming that, "the price of a ticket does not guarantee a full movie". WTF !?!?!?

now I am throwing my lot with the film pirates. patrons beware, in sm cinemas, a ticket does not guarantee anything, even the decency of a full movie

I'm a movie fan as well BUT I hate watching in SM Cinemas. I don't know if minamalas lang ako or what BUT everytime I watch a movie in SM, there is ALWAYS a goddamm squaqua class e squamie seated behind me who puts his/her feet up against my seat and kicks nonstop. There will always be squaquas who are so noisy during the course of the movie. So inconsiderate. They talk as if they are the only ones in the moviehouse. Well, lesson learned, I don't watch in SM cinemas anymore.

In Rockwell and Shang, so far, I have not experienced such boorish behaviors.

I'm a movie fan as well BUT I hate watching in SM Cinemas. I don't know if minamalas lang ako or what BUT everytime I watch a movie in SM, there is ALWAYS a goddamm squaqua class e squamie seated behind me who puts his/her feet up against my seat and kicks nonstop. There will always be squaquas who are so noisy during the course of the movie. So inconsiderate. They talk as if they are the only ones in the moviehouse. Well, lesson learned, I don't watch in SM cinemas anymore.

In Rockwell and Shang, so far, I have not experienced such boorish behaviors.

not to mention some inconsiderate ones who would bring jollibee spaghetti inside the moviehouse and thru sheer carelessness, spill it all over the floor without even bothering to pick up the mess.... much less inform the cleaning personnel that they spilled something.

With respect to the grudge which Mercury owner have with Mr. Sy, its now about space. I heard that they were partner before at SM Megamall. When Megamall was being constructed, SM Centerpoint was also being constructed. According to some tsismis, some of the materials that was supposed to be used in MegalMall turned up in Centerpoint and it was discovered. Nagkakaso pa nga daw ata yun. Tsismis only ito..

WAAAAAAAH!

Biktima din ako. Napanood ko na lang sa DVD na meron pa lang eksana pagkatapos ng credits yung IRON MAN na pinanood ko sa SM MEGAMALL.

Robbietan - di ka nag-iisa. Yung isang kasama ko nanuod sa MOA di rin napanood yung eksena sa WOLVERINE at the end of the credits.

Now about the SQUA QUA THING - HOY KAYO LANG BA MAY K NA MANUOD NG SINE ang mga JOLOGS may K din. We have to understand that SM Malls cater to this crowd - eto ang nakakarami sa panahon ngayon. I don't mind paying extra bucks watching movie in Eastwood, Rockwell or Shangrila mall just to make sure my convinience and pleasure watching a movie (but this is not a guarantee - I have an experience watching movie in Rockwell and encountered an ill-mannered Korean)

With regards to SM preferred products - SM is a legit kotong organization. To ensure success of your product it has to be on the shelves of their stores since they have been dominating each town with their malls and get 5% of their sales. Let us accept it - doing business is unfair in the Philippines only the rich has the say in everything.

WAAAAAAAH!

Biktima din ako. Napanood ko na lang sa DVD na meron pa lang eksana pagkatapos ng credits yung IRON MAN na pinanood ko sa SM MEGAMALL.

Robbietan - di ka nag-iisa. Yung isang kasama ko nanuod sa MOA di rin napanood yung eksena sa WOLVERINE at the end of the credits.

Now about the SQUA QUA THING - HOY KAYO LANG BA MAY K NA MANUOD NG SINE ang mga JOLOGS may K din. We have to understand that SM Malls cater to this crowd - eto ang nakakarami sa panahon ngayon. I don't mind paying extra bucks watching movie in Eastwood, Rockwell or Shangrila mall just to make sure my convinience and pleasure watching a movie (but this is not a guarantee - I have an experience watching movie in Rockwell and encountered an ill-mannered Korean)

With regards to SM preferred products - SM is a legit kotong organization. To ensure success of your product it has to be on the shelves of their stores since they have been dominating each town with their malls and get 5% of their sales. Let us accept it - doing business is unfair in the Philippines only the rich has the say in everything.

yan kasi ang problema kapag ang mga empleyado mo ay walang paki sa trabaho nila. I had filed several complaints against the sm cinemas to their managers. siguro kung umabot na sa 100 ang complaint ko pbaka bigyan ako ng isang free movie pass ng isang pelikula ni juday. awts

I'm a movie fan as well BUT I hate watching in SM Cinemas. I don't know if minamalas lang ako or what BUT everytime I watch a movie in SM, there is ALWAYS a goddamm squaqua class e squamie seated behind me who puts his/her feet up against my seat and kicks nonstop.

when that happens I sometimes go to the backs of these people and start kicking in return. the a_holes then find a seat as far away from me as possible...erferferf

600,000 pesos - Product debut ... To allow your product to be sold in SM Supermarket ... Note this applies per SKU ...

Meaning if you pay 600K for your product of 1 litter packages ... you will pay another for your 500ml ones

80,000 pesos - for Gondola displays - Have you ever seen those Christmas displays of products on separate shelves?

120 days

who is your source with regards to this information?

120 days

I've also heard that payment to supplier will be deducted as sponsorship whenever they have branch anniversary.

this may be going a bit OT ........ but based on some hearsay from elders.

When Mr. Sy was just starting out in the quiapo area, he asked the people at Mercury if he could take up (or rent) some of the drugstore's space for him to sell his wares. Mercury refused and Mr. Sy had to find a place for himself.

Eventually, When SM grew big, it was mercury's turn to apply for spaces in the malls...... and I think that Mr. Sy, still holding a grudge against the drugstore, also refused. (mr. sy even opened up his own drugstore)

As to the cinemas..... its been quite awhile since I've entered an SM movie house so I cant comment. These past year, its been mostly watching movies at Trinoma.

I have heard that one of Mr. Sy's first venture is a drug store that was forced to close down because of competition from a more stable Mercury Drug

Actually before any event e.g. Anniversary, Holiday Sale

SM will send memo's to all of its suppliers

If you do not reply to the memo, SM will deem it as a YES

Therefore they will deduct it to your invoice ... <-- May Reklamo ka?

I've also heard that payment to supplier will be deducted as sponsorship whenever they have branch anniversary.
Edited by lomex32

sabi sakin ng reliable source na SM megamall ang pinakamahal na rent expense,tapos sa SM daw kung mas mababa yung percentage na kinukuha nila from their lessee sa gross sales nila yung rent charges ang kinukuha,pero pag mas mataas naman yung percentage ang kinukuha nila...

sir Lomex anu business mo? pa pm na lang

sabi sakin ng reliable source na SM megamall ang pinakamahal na rent expense,tapos sa SM daw kung mas mababa yung percentage na kinukuha nila from their lessee sa gross sales nila yung rent charges ang kinukuha,pero pag mas mataas naman yung percentage ang kinukuha nila...

from what I heard ....... management collects around 15% of gross sales OR a fixed rental fee (whichever is higher) from the tenants.

So I guess, the bigger your sales, the higher you will be paying in rent.