Pet Peeves At The Pool

Hi, all!

After reading the gym pet peeves, I'd like to ask your side about pool behavior.

Being a common or public pool (which is usually the case), I hate it when:

While swimming laps or working out, others annoyingly jump into the pool along your path

Others horseplay and push each other into the pool while others are using it unmindful of possibly hitting others

Boisterous laughter

Crossing your lane at the wrong time (causing you to miss your stroke or swallow water)

Urinate in the pool (other seven announce it---time out, weewee lang ako)

Yours comments?

Regards

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While swimming laps or working out, others annoyingly jump into the pool along your path

Others horseplay and push each other into the pool while others are using it unmindful of possibly hitting others

Boisterous laughter

Crossing your lane at the wrong time (causing you to miss your stroke or swallow water)

All those you mentioned hexogen... especially the ones who cross your lane. They sometimes make you lose your rhythm and your momentum! :grr: :lol:

yung mga naka cotton shorts at tshirt sa pool..

yung biglang tumatalon sa lane ko at sinasadyang bungguin ako head on to create some impression, at magpapansin

yung mga mababagal lumangoy pero nasa middle lane.. remember ang middle lane is for fast swimmers.

yung naka harang sa lane at nag chi chikahan

yung lumalangoy intersecting the lane.. right of way yung nasa lane dyan ..

yung matataba na complain ng complain na di naman sila pumapayat sa swimming e samantalang nakatayo lang naman sila sa gilid at patalon talon for the entire time of their stay in the pool..

yung sumusuka sa pool

yung mga gagong pool maintenance na naglalagay ng powder chlorine kahit na may tao pa sa pool

yung mga naka cotton shorts at tshirt sa pool..

yung biglang tumatalon sa lane ko at sinasadyang bungguin ako head on to create some impression, at magpapansin

yung mga mababagal lumangoy pero nasa middle lane.. remember ang middle lane is for fast swimmers.

yung naka harang sa lane at nag chi chikahan

yung lumalangoy intersecting the lane.. right of way yung nasa lane dyan ..

yung matataba na complain ng complain na di naman sila pumapayat sa swimming e samantalang nakatayo lang naman sila sa gilid at patalon talon for the entire time of their stay in the pool..

yung sumusuka sa pool

yung mga gagong pool maintenance na naglalagay ng powder chlorine kahit na may tao pa sa pool

Very true. It just happened to us last week kaya parang nakakawalanggana puumunta sa pool. Since it has been quite warm in the past few days, lalong dumami ang mga tambay pool kaya lalong nakakawalanggana tuloy. Because of this, we lost four days of swimming. The show offs who just keep jumping in, unmindful of those who were ahead and doing laps already. Hay naku, matagal pa...malayo pa ang aabutin natin.

Regards

Very true. It just happened to us last week kaya parang nakakawalanggana puumunta sa pool. Since it has been quite warm in the past few days, lalong dumami ang mga tambay pool kaya lalong nakakawalanggana tuloy. Because of this, we lost four days of swimming. The show offs who just keep jumping in, unmindful of those who were ahead and doing laps already. Hay naku, matagal pa...malayo pa ang aabutin natin.

Regards

kaya nga ingat lang .. the worst time to go on public lap pools is during summer..pagkadumi dumi ng tubig dyan.. baka puro sakit makuha mo.. specially sa amoranto sports sa qc.. nakupo.. mas healthy pa lumangoy sa manila bay kesa dun ka..

during summer..your best bet is the beach, or exclusive membership pools, or subdivision pools..

when you want to swim laps, there are resorts that have lap pools.. eto safe dito, since the majority of people here are not using the lap pools but are in the pools with slides..

The pool I go to has very clear signs saying that the lap pool is only for lap swimmers, and yet there are still those who insist on playing around or just plain chatting, even when the recreational pool is empty. Normally I just take the empty lanes, but when the lanes are full I have no choice but to ask the non-swimmers to move aside. Once I nicely asked a man and his girlfriend (they were just flirting in the middle lane) to move to the other pool, and the man replied testily, siguro nagpapasikat. I had to call the lifeguards to tell them to move out.

LAP POOLS ARE FOR LAP SWIMMERS, THAT IS WHY THERE ARE LANE MARKERS AND LANE DIVIDERS. If you want to play or socialize in a lap pool, do so only when there are no lap swimmers around. Otherwise, move out or STAY OUT.

The pool I go to has very clear signs saying that the lap pool is only for lap swimmers, and yet there are still those who insist on playing around or just plain chatting, even when the recreational pool is empty. Normally I just take the empty lanes, but when the lanes are full I have no choice but to ask the non-swimmers to move aside. Once I nicely asked a man and his girlfriend (they were just flirting in the middle lane) to move to the other pool, and the man replied testily, siguro nagpapasikat. I had to call the lifeguards to tell them to move out.

LAP POOLS ARE FOR LAP SWIMMERS, THAT IS WHY THERE ARE LANE MARKERS AND LANE DIVIDERS. If you want to play or socialize in a lap pool, do so only when there are no lap swimmers around. Otherwise, move out or STAY OUT.

that gf and bf are using the lap pool to do something fishy in the pool..since lap pools are most of the time empty..

is this in Club Manila East?

i always encounter pairs like these..

remember..if they are not swimmers, and they are couples and they are in the lap pool..something fishy is going on ..

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, all!

After reading the gym pet peeves, I'd like to ask your side about pool behavior.

Boisterous laughter

Yours comments?

Regards

you are right, tagal na din di ako nag-llap sa pool....madalas sa sobrang dami ng chlorine , after ilang days lang puro skin dse na ang balat ko.... :thumbsdownsmiley:

• 8 months later...

in our small village we have a swimming pool for the homeowners... here are a few things that i have observed and absolutely hate:

1. not in proper swimming attire (i.e. maong shorts, long sleeved blouses)

2. those who feel like they own the place

3. those who stand in the pool and hate you because you splashed on them when you're trying to swim to the other side of the pool.

4. those who sit and stay at the steps of the pool and then get angry because you bumped into them while trying to get out of the pool.

5. basically people who do not have the manners to actually enjoy the benefits of swimming in a public pool

• 4 months later...

ARABOS AND BUMBAYS IN THE SWIMMING POOL!!!!

I remember one instance when a family of bumbays joined in sa swimming area pero for some reason nakipagbungangaan pa sa mga lifeguard. punta sila sa leisure pool area. Magsi swimming na sila - NA NAKAMAONG PANTS! the same clothes they were wearing pagdating sa pool. Believe me peeps as soon as they got to the water, nag alisan na ung ibang mga tao sa pool. it was like sila lang ang tao doon at may ari ng leisure area hanggang umuwi na ung mga leisure swimmers. buti na lang di sila nagpunta sa lap pool

• 2 years later...

that gf and bf are using the lap pool to do something fishy in the pool..since lap pools are most of the time empty..

is this in Club Manila East?

i always encounter pairs like these..

remember..if they are not swimmers, and they are couples and they are in the lap pool..something fishy is going on ..

Kasi nga "lap pool" daw, so doon sila naglalaplapan. Corny, I know, I know :D

In crowded lap pools, it's ok to share lanes, but please observe the following rules:

1) Ask the person(s) in the lane you are joining if you can share the lane. It's called common courtesy.

2) Swim on the right side of the lane (i.e., swim in a counterclockwise direction)

3) Make sure your swimming abilities are similar to the persons already in the lane you are joining. In other words, don't join the fast swimmers if you are a slow swimmer.