Rolex Watches

meatpacker426

:D :P

Normal reaction when you don't have one. Ganito din ako nuon eh :cool:

But you will only feel the difference once you owned one. Lalo na galing sa sarili mong pera.

It a prize for your hard earned success.

Pero I don't agree dun sa mga taong who owned one but naging masama ang ugali afterwards. Di mo naman kasi kailangang ipagyabang eh. ;)

i beg to disagree

when you own a rolex watch, feeling moba mataas ka sa iba? :D

thats plain bullshit

gained confidence because of a watch?

simply stupid

ang t**, balutan mo man ng mahal na pambalot t** parin

my dad owns one, pero hindi niya inisip na mas mataas siya sa iba at pangdagdag ng confidence yun

pang dagdag pangpayabang siguro sabihin niyo, hindi confidence :lol:

but tama, magandang investment yun :cool:

i beg to disagree

when you own a rolex watch, feeling moba mataas ka sa iba? :D

thats plain bullshit

gained confidence because of a watch?

simply stupid

ang t**, balutan mo man ng mahal na pambalot t** parin

my dad owns one, pero hindi niya inisip na mas mataas siya sa iba at pangdagdag ng confidence yun

pang dagdag pangpayabang siguro sabihin niyo, hindi confidence :lol:

but tama, magandang investment yun :cool:

i don't get it

how could you disagree with the way he feels?

how can you call it stupid when he is more confident? bakit naging pagyayabang yun?

he can feel the way he wants to feel

people's self esteem are fed in different ways; that's what makes us individuals

i don't get it

how could you disagree with the way he feels?

how can you call it stupid when he is more confident? bakit naging pagyayabang yun?

he can feel the way he wants to feel

people's self esteem are fed in different ways; that's what makes us individuals

thats not gaining confidence

its more like pangyabang

nag disagree lang ako when he said that "ganto ang reaction pag di ka nakabili ng relo sa sarili mong pera"

pareho pa nga kami paniniwala na masama pag nagiging masama ang ugali matapos makabili ng rolex

backread para makita mo mga post ng ibang tao dto :)

thats not gaining confidence

its more like pangyabang

nag disagree lang ako when he said that "ganto ang reaction pag di ka nakabili ng relo sa sarili mong pera"

pareho pa nga kami paniniwala na masama pag nagiging masama ang ugali matapos makabili ng rolex

backread para makita mo mga post ng ibang tao dto :)

There really is no reason to fight over a thread that discusses watches.

We all have our tastes and preferences when it comes to accessories and each person is entitled to that.

Also what was said was actually:

But you will only feel the difference once you owned one. Lalo na galing sa sarili mong pera.

...which to me means that you enjoy owning a Rolex more when you know that you worked hard and saved up for it.

Nothing wrong with that, right?

So. Back to topic please. If there are further arguments, kindly bring them to PM mode.

Thanks.

Why do people buy Rolex watches anyhow?

Is it because of the fact that it is a strong, sturdy watch? A Rado, an Omega.. these are examples of strong and sturdy watches.. Bakit hindi na lang ang mga ito? Oris, Longines, anyone? Tag, anyone? Why not these watches? Is it not because the Rolex brand is the most well-known and is really a status symbol? Let us be honest.. Why should I spend a six digit figure for a watch.. where a good Tag can just cost me around P50-80K.. Again let us be honest.. Is it not because of its good investment nature and the impression it creates?

But it does not mean that if you have a Rolex watch you should act superior to a janitor who (most definitely) can not afford one.. It does not also mean that if one is wearing one, he can get away with a crappy dress in occasions that require drop dead gorgeous attires di ba? It is a status symbol.. and if people say that if they gain confidence (like me) in having a Rolex, it does not mean na nagyayabang ka.. It is more of a fact that if one is surrounded by the so-called "rich and famous" or "nagpaparich and famous.." you would not feel inferior and out of place.. But you still need to dress to the occasion..

When I was still working in a bank as an Account Officer (deals in Marketing and attending to rich clients for loans, etc.), my co-Account Officers do wear Rolexes and dress watches like Omega, Cartier, Tudor.. And because I was younger at them they told me to invest in a Rolex coz its one way of creating an impression to clients.. It is actually more of creating an impression rather than pagyayabang.. But it is still to each his own di ba? If some of you think na pagyayabang yun.. then so be it.. IMO, hindi eh..

---

I do not remember anyone in this thread saying that if they are wearing a Rolex they feel superior to anyone.. And saying that they do not feel inferior.. and it adds to one's self-confidence in dealing with people who are medyo may kaya does not mean that they feel superior to the common lay man.. That is ridiculous to say the least and there are no subliminal messages in there as well.. Not feeling inferior does not mean you feel superior to anyone.. It does not follow..

Peace, guys..

Edited by revi

Well said mr. revi. It is really not pagyayabang. If you can afford one, you don't need to brag.

Wearing one though has its advantages. You will surely not be looked down by people you meet. And I always noticed though that people tend to "know" that i'm wearing one although i'm always wearing long sleeves. I don't know, maybe it is really eye catching, with its combination of silver and gold colors. By the way, mine is a two tone date just oyster perpetual

As a status symbol? Depends if you are a conformist or not. Rolex is obviously the most popular high-end fashion watch, known by everyone (including those that can't afford it). But if you are not a conformist, there are other brands equally as good or even better like Patek Phillipe, IWC and Breitling. Kaso lang not many know this is the level of a Rolex. But on the other hand, it can also show that you know more to expensive watches than just a Rolex.

Durability? If you get a quartz type, it does not make much difference compared to a good seiko watch, oscillating quartzes are pretty much identical. But if you get the automatic type, then craftsmanship comes into the picture and usually Rolexes, Breitlings, etc., have the reources to invest in the best parts and craftsmen.

Re-sale? Depends greatly on makrket perception. Unfortunately for the Japanese and lower Swiss brands, Rolex and the toher high-end watches are always the desired types by collectors and used-watch buyers.

As a status symbol? Depends if you are a conformist or not. Rolex is obviously the most popular high-end fashion watch, known by everyone (including those that can't afford it). But if you are not a conformist, there are other brands equally as good or even better like Patek Phillipe, IWC and Breitling. Kaso lang not many know this is the level of a Rolex. But on the other hand, it can also show that you know more to expensive watches than just a Rolex.

Durability? If you get a quartz type, it does not make much difference compared to a good seiko watch, oscillating quartzes are pretty much identical. But if you get the automatic type, then craftsmanship comes into the picture and usually Rolexes, Breitlings, etc., have the reources to invest in the best parts and craftsmen.

Re-sale? Depends greatly on makrket perception. Unfortunately for the Japanese and lower Swiss brands, Rolex and the toher high-end watches are always the desired types by collectors and used-watch buyers.

So, just because I said that Rolex is a status symbol.. I am a conformist.. hehehe!!! Just messing around, man..

Before I bought my Rolex, I was actually contemplating on buying a Tudor, a Patek, and an IWC.. Or a Cartier, but unfortunately, Cartiers are too stylish for me.. So it boiled down to the three.. Was also thinking of buying a Breitling.. But most of its watches cater to the sporty type which is not my taste.. So, why did I buy a Rolex instead of the others? You are correct in saying that it is the best/most known brand and that is the reason why I bought one.. When I bought it I was investing on the impression it creates.. Sabi nga ng asawa ko.. "Bakit Tudor pa eh.. kaunti na lang naka-Rolex ka na.."

My wife knows about IWC's, Patek's prices and that their level of quality is the same as that of a Rolex.. But still, rather than them I would rather get the most known luxurious watch around.. There are IWC or Patek watches that are much more expensive than the low-end Rolexes or the mid-range Rolexes.. but if I would choose between a (say) P150-200K simple Oyster DateJust Rolex or a P150-200K equally (or more) stunning IWC or Patek watch.. then dun pa din ako sa Rolex..

As you have pointed out in your third paragraph, market perception dictates market prices.. Sadly, Rolex is considered in the market as a good investment.. I am not a conformist just because I bought my Rolex.. (It was my mom who actually bought it for me..) My wife and my mom forced me to buy one.. saying that it is something nice to add to a businessman's attire.. Again, if you think it is conformity because people think of it as a status symbol, then it is to each his own.. I would repeat my statment in one of my posts here: a Rolex creates an impression.. a gorpe de gulat of sorts.. And if that is being conformist then so be it.. But I would not invest on something soooo expensive that does not do anything but just be something in your wrist..

It is just weird that just because people here say that a Rolex is a status symbol.. then they are conformists.. I am not that rich to be able to buy an IWC, a Patek and a Cartier, all at the same time.. I can only buy one watch that has a six figure price tag.. And I choose a Rolex.. And maybe that would be the only luxury watch that I would ever buy.. It is also weird when people in this thread say that they do not feel inferior if they are wearing a Rolex, some say ay nagyayabang ka na.. What is wrong in gaining a small amount of confidence.. Nobody ever said that not feeling inferior is feeling superior.. That is crap..

Creating an impression is not catered to impress just the rich.. as I have said how about the nag-ri-rich-an, diba? This only means the average middle class who happened to be invited in one important meeting.. Most of the rich would know the Pateks, the IWCs.. but how about the middle class? Baka hindi di ba? Paano sila? Bakit ako mag-iinvest sa isang relo na napakamahal kung it only creates an impression on a selected few.. Why not sa maramihan? As I have said, hindi ako nagyayabang kapag ganito.. But let us be honest.. All of us would buy a damn expensive thing to create an impression.. bonus na siyempre ang investment, ang durability, ang comfort.. Syempre dapat kapag mahal na ang binili mo kasama na ang lahat.. So, Rolex it is for me.. not an IWC, nor a Patek.. (But it would be actually nice to own some Pateks.. :D - but can't afford eh..).. An IWC or a Patek are also status symbols.. But a Rolex impresses a much broader "audience.." coz it is much more well known.. Dun na ako sa well-known..

One more thing, what is wrong in being a conformist? If you are not a conformist.. Sige nga sa isang importanteng meeting with clients magsuot ka ng shorts at rubber shoes with matching tee na nakalagay.. "f#&k the Law!.." If you can, then, maybe you are not a conformist in the likes of Larry Flynt of Hustler or Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols..

---

OT: Who among you guys have seen a Vertu cellphone? A phone (made out of sturdy materials but has an outdated platform) that is also made by the makers of Nokia but is catered to the upscale market.. the $20K +++++ market to say the least.. I have seen this phone in one of the stores in Shang and my eyes just got glued not on its beauty but on its hefty price tag.. A whopping Php250K.. Who would buy this phone? A conformist siguro.. hehehe!!! Seriously, I know someone who has this phone even before it came out here in PI.. I knew about this line of cellphones and have read it in a magazine.. So why did he buy this phone.. Bakit hindi na lang yung mga 88 series ng Nokia.. Kasi it is to create an impression that he is no pushover.. Maybe? Most likely.. But why invest on something that most likely would be outdated in a few years (unlike a Rolex di ba?)? Yabang ba? Sino kayo para mag-husga.. At pangalawa, hindi mayabang itong taong ito.. Baka kapag nakita niyo ito sa mall.. di nyo man mapagkamalan na naka-Vertu ito eh..

Please do not be soooo damn judgemental, peeps.. Peace!!!!

When I was still working in a bank as an Account Officer (deals in Marketing and attending to rich clients for loans, etc.), my co-Account Officers do wear Rolexes and dress watches like Omega, Cartier, Tudor.. And because I was younger at them they told me to invest in a Rolex coz its one way of creating an impression to clients.. It is actually more of creating an impression rather than pagyayabang.. But it is still to each his own di ba? If some of you think na pagyayabang yun.. then so be it.. IMO, hindi eh..

Peace, guys..

Huh????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bakit kailangan ng loan officers na gumawa ng impression sa mga bank clients?????????? Maski ano man ang isuot mo sa braso mo employee pa rin ang tingin sa iyo. Kung may impression man dapat gawin, yung magaling ka sa customer service. Truth is, many a time, mas nagdududa pa nga ang mga tao sa ganoon kasi ba how can they afford ?????? unless of course.... may mga irregular deals diyan, which i have first hand experience na nangyayari :-)

Ano ba talagang IMPRESSION ang dapat mong magawa dahil sa relos na suot mo para masabi ng ibang taong na mahusay? mayaman? mapagkakatiwalaan????? na tao ka. A lot of Taiwanese magnates wear a TIMEX. Sam Walton wears one, and so does Steve Jobs....My husband wears one, I wear one...who gives a hoot???????!!!!!! Its just a watch.

.........and since you have managed to sucessfully cross-over from being an employee to an entrepreneur, its best you just make yourself a damn good businessman rather than bandying around your Rolex......it wouldnt help really..unless, you are asking for Investments...but then again, VC's as they are who they are, don't really give a sh** whats on your arm to tell the time more than whats on your mind to make an impression.

IMO.

My apologies if I hit a nerve there, perhaps I was too overgeneralizing. Rolex, like the other top watches have so many variances. Depending on the variances your taste adheres too, can show your personality. Also the brand you choose shows your personality (noting your Breitling comments), I truly believe that. However, noting the lowest level Rolex variance, I have seen tons of them going around, including a lot of my friends. Usually they say, "kasi uso to sa mga class A social class" or "Ito ang pinakamura na pwede ka mag Rolex". I usually respond by saying "Kung gusto mo social, duun ka sa mga barands (or Rolex variant) na hindi masyado halata sa marami pero kilala mg mga taga class A." That's assuming if they got it for display purposes, as I also got more comments sayaing that it was good brand that can last a lifetime. But anyway, you are right, who am I to judge people's desires. But of course I can always state an observation? ... hehehe!!!

As for me, I have always been an Omega fan (considered a Class B behind the Class A Rolex, Breitling, Pateks, IWC). Perhaps because of my Dad, who got his Omega in 1957 and is now with me ... still working. So I then got a Constellation (quartz, unfortunately, but still ok), a few years back. I also think they are quite decent and not too flashy. That's why next in line may be a seamaster or a breitling, depending on my finances. Never was keen on Pateks, Cartiers and GPs. IWCs have also nice and simple variants.

There is nothing wrong with being a conformist, I just said, if you don't want to perceived as so, then you can consider other brands. Are we now ok? Besides, conformism is actually just a perceived trait noted by other people.

Noting the Virtu phone you mentioned. Isn't this the phone that can be customized so that only you or at least just a few people in the world have similar ones? If that is so, then this is definitely not conformism.

Peace man!!!

So, just because I said that Rolex is a status symbol.. I am a conformist.. hehehe!!! Just messing around, man..

Before I bought my Rolex, I was actually contemplating on buying a Tudor, a Patek, and an IWC.. Or a Cartier, but unfortunately, Cartiers are too stylish for me.. So it boiled down to the three.. Was also thinking of buying a Breitling.. But most of its watches cater to the sporty type which is not my taste.. So, why did I buy a Rolex instead of the others? You are correct in saying that it is the best/most known brand and that is the reason why I bought one.. When I bought it I was investing on the impression it creates.. Sabi nga ng asawa ko.. "Bakit Tudor pa eh.. kaunti na lang naka-Rolex ka na.."

My wife knows about IWC's, Patek's prices and that their level of quality is the same as that of a Rolex.. But still, rather than them I would rather get the most known luxurious watch around.. There are IWC or Patek watches that are much more expensive than the low-end Rolexes or the mid-range Rolexes.. but if I would choose between a (say) P150-200K simple Oyster DateJust Rolex or a P150-200K equally (or more) stunning IWC or Patek watch.. then dun pa din ako sa Rolex..

As you have pointed out in your third paragraph, market perception dictates market prices.. Sadly, Rolex is considered in the market as a good investment.. I am not a conformist just because I bought my Rolex.. (It was my mom who actually bought it for me..) My wife and my mom forced me to buy one.. saying that it is something nice to add to a businessman's attire.. Again, if you think it is conformity because people think of it as a status symbol, then it is to each his own.. I would repeat my statment in one of my posts here: a Rolex creates an impression.. a gorpe de gulat of sorts.. And if that is being conformist then so be it.. But I would not invest on something soooo expensive that does not do anything but just be something in your wrist..

It is just weird that just because people here say that a Rolex is a status symbol.. then they are conformists.. I am not that rich to be able to buy an IWC, a Patek and a Cartier, all at the same time.. I can only buy one watch that has a six figure price tag.. And I choose a Rolex.. And maybe that would be the only luxury watch that I would ever buy.. It is also weird when people in this thread say that they do not feel inferior if they are wearing a Rolex, some say ay nagyayabang ka na.. What is wrong in gaining a small amount of confidence.. Nobody ever said that not feeling inferior is feeling superior.. That is crap..

Creating an impression is not catered to impress just the rich.. as I have said how about the nag-ri-rich-an, diba? This only means the average middle class who happened to be invited in one important meeting.. Most of the rich would know the Pateks, the IWCs.. but how about the middle class? Baka hindi di ba? Paano sila? Bakit ako mag-iinvest sa isang relo na napakamahal kung it only creates an impression on a selected few.. Why not sa maramihan? As I have said, hindi ako nagyayabang kapag ganito.. But let us be honest.. All of us would buy a damn expensive thing to create an impression.. bonus na siyempre ang investment, ang durability, ang comfort.. Syempre dapat kapag mahal na ang binili mo kasama na ang lahat.. So, Rolex it is for me.. not an IWC, nor a Patek.. (But it would be actually nice to own some Pateks.. :D - but can't afford eh..).. An IWC or a Patek are also status symbols.. But a Rolex impresses a much broader "audience.." coz it is much more well known.. Dun na ako sa well-known..

One more thing, what is wrong in being a conformist? If you are not a conformist.. Sige nga sa isang importanteng meeting with clients magsuot ka ng shorts at rubber shoes with matching tee na nakalagay.. "f#&k the Law!.." If you can, then, maybe you are not a conformist in the likes of Larry Flynt of Hustler or Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols..

---

OT: Who among you guys have seen a Vertu cellphone? A phone (made out of sturdy materials but has an outdated platform) that is also made by the makers of Nokia but is catered to the upscale market.. the $20K +++++ market to say the least.. I have seen this phone in one of the stores in Shang and my eyes just got glued not on its beauty but on its hefty price tag.. A whopping Php250K.. Who would buy this phone? A conformist siguro.. hehehe!!! Seriously, I know someone who has this phone even before it came out here in PI.. I knew about this line of cellphones and have read it in a magazine.. So why did he buy this phone.. Bakit hindi na lang yung mga 88 series ng Nokia.. Kasi it is to create an impression that he is no pushover.. Maybe? Most likely.. But why invest on something that most likely would be outdated in a few years (unlike a Rolex di ba?)? Yabang ba? Sino kayo para mag-husga.. At pangalawa, hindi mayabang itong taong ito.. Baka kapag nakita niyo ito sa mall.. di nyo man mapagkamalan na naka-Vertu ito eh..

Please do not be soooo damn judgemental, peeps.. Peace!!!!

On the other hand it may also give the impression that the bank is making a lot of money from its clients such that their employees can afford luxurious watches ... just a thought

Peace

Huh????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bakit kailangan ng loan officers na gumawa ng impression sa mga bank clients?????????? Maski ano man ang isuot mo sa braso mo employee pa rin ang tingin sa iyo. Kung may impression man dapat gawin, yung magaling ka sa customer service. Truth is, many a time, mas nagdududa pa nga ang mga tao sa ganoon kasi ba how can they afford ?????? unless of course.... may mga irregular deals diyan, which i have first hand experience na nangyayari :-)

Ano ba talagang IMPRESSION ang dapat mong magawa dahil sa relos na suot mo para masabi ng ibang taong na mahusay? mayaman? mapagkakatiwalaan????? na tao ka. A lot of Taiwanese magnates wear a TIMEX. Sam Walton wears one, and so does Steve Jobs....My husband wears one, I wear one...who gives a hoot???????!!!!!! Its just a watch.

.........and since you have managed to sucessfully cross-over from being an employee to an entrepreneur, its best you just make yourself a damn good businessman rather than bandying around your Rolex......it wouldnt help really..unless, you are asking for Investments...but then again, VC's as they are who they are, don't really give a sh** whats on your arm to tell the time more than whats on your mind to make an impression.

IMO.

QUOTE(revi @ Dec 15 2006, 02:28 PM) *

Peace, guys..

IMO.

Galit ka? Bakit? Did you ever become a loan officer or a bank manager to be able to say that? What are your experiences.. Mrs. lick? Who cares? Coz we have different experiences.. Bakit dahil pareho tayo umiihi.. pareho na din ang experiences natin? Anyways, that is how I see why I bought a Rolex.. It is still a status symbol for me and that is how I see it.. Our bank president at that time was wearing a Seiko Kinetic or a Tag.. He alternates.. But he is the President and I am not and he does not need to create any impressions.. At least kapag naka-Rolex ka your giving an impression na baka siguro okay kang ka-deal.. Again, this is an experience.. Don't believe.. Then.. go kiss your husband na lang.. Don't get PO'ed!!! :lol:

Alam mo, mrs. lick.. There are reasons why I bought a Rolex and one is to create a gorpe de gulat of sorts.. If you do not give a hoot as to what watch I am wearing then don't.. But there are people in the upscale society who do look at what you are wearing top down.. Again, experience ito.. Don't believe.. Then go kiss your husband twice.. :lol:

You wear a Timex? Your husband does too? Taiwanese magnates do? How about Henry Sy.. Seiko yata siya di ba? I have a friend who owns a jeans company here and goes for Timex too.. Kung gusto mo pa nga Disneyland na relo eh.. I know it does not matter.. May sinabi ba ako that rich folks only wear a Rolex, an IWC or a Cartier.. That is too judgmental.. But siguro karamihan..

Why did I buy a Rolex even though I could've bought a second hand car with the money that I had? Yun ang question dito sa thread na ito eh.. Was it worth it? And I am answering it in my own HUMBLE opinion.. Every single centevo that me and my mom earned that was used to buy the watch was worth it.. Don't agree? Then don't.. Bakit ka galit? Ang init ng ulo mo kasi eh..

Now, being angry as to what my experiences are is kinda too much right.. Bakit nagyayabang ba ako? Just because you are wearing a Timex, it does not mean that you are inferior to me right? Malay ko kung may Rolex ka din at siguro pangit ang experiences mo at dapat siguro hindi mo na lang binili at bumili ka na lang ng ibang relo or a dozen Timexes.. I don't care.. Its just an opinion, madam.. Don't get pissed off at me.. Hindi mo man ako kakilala eh..

Kung hindi ka galit.. Why use words like "who gives a s@%t.." just to create an impact? O talagang ganun ka lang.. I pity you coz you are getting so worked up in this thread.. I don't.. I am not hear to instigate a fight or an argument..

My Rolex is just a watch but the (me and my mom's - uulitin ko!) money spent in buying that watch is hard-earned.. It is just a watch to you but for me it is something of a status symbol that I have reached a certain level/status na pwede kong ipagmalaki sa mga tao at sa pamilya ko.. As I have said, this thread is asking, was it worth it? I am answering it.. If you and other people don't agree with that, then why get angry and worked up.. Sheesh, ms. lick! Rather than being worked up with what I have to say.. I think as a wife you have better things to get worked up with rather than this thread.. Sus, ginoo!!! :hypocritesmiley:

Peace, ms. lick.. BTW, my wife wears a Tag.. not a Rolex.. Ako lang nakaganito sa pamilya namin.. Gwapo ako eh.. hehehe!!! That is a joke ha? Baka magalit ka na naman eh.. :lol:

Edited by revi
My apologies if I hit a nerve there, perhaps I was too overgeneralizing. Rolex, like the other top watches have so many variances. Depending on the variances your taste adheres too, can show your personality. Also the brand you choose shows your personality (noting your Breitling comments), I truly believe that. However, noting the lowest level Rolex variance, I have seen tons of them going around, including a lot of my friends. Usually they say, "kasi uso to sa mga class A social class" or "Ito ang pinakamura na pwede ka mag Rolex". I usually respond by saying "Kung gusto mo social, duun ka sa mga barands (or Rolex variant) na hindi masyado halata sa marami pero kilala mg mga taga class A." That's assuming if they got it for display purposes, as I also got more comments sayaing that it was good brand that can last a lifetime. But anyway, you are right, who am I to judge people's desires. But of course I can always state an observation? ... hehehe!!!

As for me, I have always been an Omega fan (considered a Class B behind the Class A Rolex, Breitling, Pateks, IWC). Perhaps because of my Dad, who got his Omega in 1957 and is now with me ... still working. So I then got a Constellation (quartz, unfortunately, but still ok), a few years back. I also think they are quite decent and not too flashy. That's why next in line may be a seamaster or a breitling, depending on my finances. Never was keen on Pateks, Cartiers and GPs. IWCs have also nice and simple variants.

There is nothing wrong with being a conformist, I just said, if you don't want to perceived as so, then you can consider other brands. Are we now ok? Besides, conformism is actually just a perceived trait noted by other people.

Noting the Virtu phone you mentioned. Isn't this the phone that can be customized so that only you or at least just a few people in the world have similar ones? If that is so, then this is definitely not conformism.

Peace man!!!

No problem and Point taken.. You clarified things to the letter..

The Vertu phones are very limited, I have no idea if it can be customized but I am sure that is encased in platinum casings.. Ergo, indestructible.. I know it is not conformity if you have a Vertu.. I pointed an example of this because I am just stating an opinion that there are reasons why people buy vantiy products.. It is just not the re-sale value, it is not just the durability.. kasama lahat yun.. and we should all be honest that we do buy vain products coz of the impression it creates.. Why would I buy an original Coach bag vs. a lets say a Celine bag that looks the same.. Hindi ba dahil sa tatak ng coach.. Sure it maybe more durable than a Celine but you could buy 10 Celine Bags with just one Coach bag eh..

---

With the Account Officer thingy.. It is more of yung gorpe de gulat.. I have gone in one cocktail meeting na hindi ko talaga kakilala kahit isa sa mga tao dun.. I was given the task to attend coz our President can not.. So, syempre I introduced myself as the Assistant/Proxy of the President.. I was not wearing a Rolex at that time but still I was able to rub noses with some people.. But I felt so inferior.. Why? Kasi dressed down sila eh.. At naka-short sleeves lang na barong ako.. with a watch in tow.. its a sporty Tag (F1) pa nun.. Hindi bagay sa occasion.. Para akong nagpipilit na sumali sa kanila not because people are staring at me.. but I felt out of place.. And I thought maybe, if I have a nice watch kahit naka polo shirt lang ako, hindi ko mafe-feel ito.. I told this experience to some of my fellow Account Officers.. and they said.. bumili ka kasi ng magandang relo para kahit short sleeves suot mo.. di mo na ma-fe-feel yun..

Bakit ako ginawang proxy ng Presidente? Bakit hindi yung mga FVP, VP, AVP.. hehe!!! Assistant Manager lang ako nun.. Kasi nga Gwapito ako.. hehe!!! Joke yan ha.. :lol: Kidding aside, as of this moment, it still boggles me.. Baka naman ayaw nila pumunta dahil bwisit sila sa mga taong a-a-ttend.. Medyo yabangan kasi dun eh.. Maybe that is the reason why I felt OP..

Now you know part of my experiences in the banking industry.. Masyado kasi galit ang ibang tao diyan eh.. :lol:

Thanks Revi. Just to add my 2 cents worth opinion. I have a great bias towards GOOD (not necessarily the best) Swiss watches because of their durability per my experience. My parents and myself have had a lot more Jap watches than Swiss ones and undisputedly, they never last as long. The status symbol issue just happens to come with it. Don't get me wrong that I don't care about status symbol ... everyone does in varying degrees, but for me durability and "passing on to decendants" holds #1 to me (the way I have my dads watch from nearly 60 yrs. ago).

With regards, to making good impressions, I believe that it depends on the situation. Simple ex: If you are going on a shopping that entails bargaining to the last centavo, I would not suggest wearing an expensive watch. If you want to impart financial strength, then by all means ... including getting off your 7-series BMW in front of the driveway where your affair is being held.

But just a note of observation also: Sometimes the most common brands/types of watches and other things have a higher market re-sale value than their rare counterparts (more prestigious or not). Perhaps it is because there is more "market population" perceiving them as they are the most well-known? So heres something to consider whether to conform to the majority or to be unique to them.

Ive let the discussion go far enough....

Gentlemen can we please sheath our knives in observance of the holidays?

There really no need to argue about what, in the end, becomes ultimately a matter of personal taste (and finances too, of course).

We all have reasons to wear what we wear. We all have reasons to purchase what we buy.

Live and let live... its not your life and your wallet, after all.

Peace y'all.