Eraserheads

Calhoun

A greatest hits collection of the Eheads best songs. I bought it even though I have all of the albums they were sourced from. Looking at the CD felt like the passing of an era for me. Reading the list of songs was like reading a series of flashbacks of my college life. I grew up with Eheads, I bought their first tape up right during my last year of high school. Those times felt like they were encased in gold, and when you hold them up to the light they reflect a time in your life when life wasn't just living, you were alive. And the Eheads provided the soundtrack to my life.

The second album Circus reflected the circus my life became during my freshman year in college. I had my first serious crushes to the tunes of "Kailan". "Sembreak" captured what it was like to bum around during the break. I felt what it was like to soar, to be so happy in the company of a group that I rarely feel now that I have a car, a salary, and more material things than I ever had, "Alapaap" is what it's like to soar. And "Minsan" gave me the words to know what it was like to lose a friend.

minsan ay hindi ko na alam ang nangyayari

kahit na anong gawin

lahat ng bagay ay merong hangganan

ngunit kung sakaling mapadaan baka

ikaw ay aking tawagan

dahil minsan tayo ay naging tunay na kaibigan

Ely, Marcus, Buddy, and Raymond, thank you for the music and the memories. I miss you guys.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Ditto. I love the E'heads. I have at least 2 CDs of each album; one for playing, the other for my collection. Ely Eleandre Eleazar Basiño Buendia :wub: He was the reason I applied in UP :lol: One of the best memories I have was during my college days... my friends and I attending the UP Fair, booze and good conversation at Sunken, while the E'heads play in the background. Life would be a little less fun without them.

Dang, I suddenly feel up to listening to E'heads songs the whole day. Their songs never fail to make me smile.

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

DUDE first of all i wanna say i miss youuuu :* we have a lot of catching up to do, i owe u coffee, movie, dinner... not particularly in that order. :lol:

secondly, i am only making takas to make this post. :lol: i'll write something more about my fave band of all time as soon as i can! that's a promise!

:* take care. and see yah super soon! :*

eraserheads..... this is the official band of my barkadas in highschool.....

i'm sad that they disbanded...... sayang ung original group..... all of my ehead tape collection are gone now.... puro amag na!!! ala pa kc ako CD player nun e..... luckily i have this mp3 collection ng lahat ng albums nla.... at least meron pa ko mamapakingan......

Ditto. I love the E'heads. I have at least 2 CDs of each album; one for playing, the other for my collection. Ely Eleandre Eleazar Basiño Buendia :wub: He was the reason I applied in UP :lol: One of the best memories I have was during my college days... my friends and I attending the UP Fair, booze and good conversation at Sunken, while the E'heads play in the background. Life would be a little less fun without them.

Dang, I suddenly feel up to listening to E'heads songs the whole day. Their songs never fail to make me smile.

2 CDs of each album?? Wow, and I thought I was a fan. And it sounds like you have more than admiration for the lead singer ;) .

I can imagine the memories you described. I didn't study in UP, I spent one year in the university down the road B) . A bit more exclusive, but just as fun. I did attend the launch of Cutterpillow in UP though, that was a blast. I remember the looong opening act of The Jerks. They were a fun band too.

Thanks for sharing how the Eheads touched your life. I don't think there will be another band like them, and I'm not sure if I want another band like them. It's just that I feel there's a void where they used to be.

But the Oracle is right, everything that has a beginning has an end.

I love Ely and the E'heads! I was obsessed :lol:

I learned how to play the guitar (self-taught) - the lead, rhythm and bass for their songs.

I had that "Punk Zappa" thingie memorized too :lol:

When I got out of high school, I had my hair cut the way Ely's was (thank goodness it looked ok on me!).

I cried at my very first E'heads concert - I was so excited I had tears in my eyes even before they came onstage (I travelled all the way to Rizal to see them).

They recorded one of their songs at the recording studio my mom manages at that time; I was on cloud nine :lol:

I guess I was practically a groupie :lol: It may seem silly to some people, but I enjoyed every minute of being an E'heads fan. I love the music and the band.

You're right, I don't think anyone can ever take their place.

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

Calhoun, i promised i'd write something substantial once i get the time... i'll make the time now before i start working... :)

i knew and loved the eheads early college pa ko... i had friends in UP diliman and i'd usually hang out with them... so nawitness ko ilang gigs nila sa campus... skinny, looking-stinky simple over-staying college boys... down to earth sila, you knew then that they were performing because they loved what they were doing... love na love ko yung song nilang Toyang at saka yung Tindahan ni Aling Nena...

i was also frequenting club dredd noon... actually grade seven palang yata dun na tamabayan namin ng friends ko... eheads used to play there i forgot na how frequent, but i used to catch them at least once a month... masayang manood, kasi parang mga bulateng inasinan yung moves ni ely nun... and once, while having taho, we had a little chit chat with them... (groupie :P :lol:) my friends had bands before so they know them... tahimik lang sila, simple talaga... pero sabihin mo ng medyo kagagahan, na-shock ako nung narinig kong nag english si ely and si raymund... i was floored :lol: ganda galing ng diction saka ang enunciation... saka malalim... may pinaghuhugutan yung mga lyrics... love ko na sila. :)

some years passed and i was working na sa isang video production house, producer na ko nun so that was around 1996-97. i got a call from a girl working for MTV Asia... she asked for a quotation for video editing services sani nya MTV daw ng local artist, she didn't tell me which one until the day of the editing... well whadya know... EHEADS! :boo: yung isang production assistant namin nagvolunteer mag work kahit walang bayad! :lol: we edited their FRUITCAKE MTV. Nung evening, eto yung love ko sa lahat na part... wala nang tao nun sa office kundi yung team ko... doorbell... t#ang%na! kumpleto ang eheads! :boo: ikot panty ko pramis! :boo: mga shy sila, hi, helloo, can i offer you anything lang ang mga exchanges namin. narinig ko lang silang magsalita after viewing the MTV and they were making some comments... they're not over critical, they were easy to please and they sure know what they wanted... eto pa isa... doorbell ulit si PAOLO ABRERA na forever kong crush ang nasa pinto, yun pala sya ang lighting director ng MTV na to... ang tangkad... ang gwapo, matipuno... at higit sa lahat dumating syang nakasakay sa isang big bike. :upside: okaaaay balik story na tayo... :lol:

i loved the eheads more after that encounter and i can never forget that. it was one of the very few highlights of my video producer years. :) haaay :heart:

HARD TO BELIEVE

I find it hard to believe

That all the pain that we are feeling

Has some meaning in this world

It's so hard to believe

That everything you see is different

From the things that you've been told

I wanted life to be this way

Just a little bit of love could mean so much

O please don't take it all away

But with you heaven is still close enough to touch

I find it hard to believe

That someone up there is waiting

With arms open wide and smiling

It's so hard to believe

When someone told me that your suffering

Is what you get for living

I wanted life to be this way

Just a little bit of love could mean so much

O please don't take it all away

But with you heaven is still close enough to touch

Because your love is still the only thing

That matters in this world

The only thing I can believe...

(sino ba sa inyo ang nakakaalam ng reason kung bakit nagdisband ang EHEADS. share naman ninyo kasi iba-iba ang mga lubas noon tsak yung mga nabasa sa mga write-ups.ang isang nabasa ko nung time ng NATIN99 nung recording nito may lamat na raw ang samahan ng eheads)

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
(sino ba sa inyo ang nakakaalam ng reason kung bakit nagdisband ang EHEADS. share naman ninyo kasi iba-iba ang mga lubas noon tsak yung mga nabasa sa mga write-ups.ang isang nabasa ko nung time ng NATIN99 nung recording nito may lamat na raw ang samahan ng eheads)

This is what i gathered from the grapevine... it was said that ely wanted to go solo because he felt that the eheads wont go any further. to him daw, their career had plateau-ed (tama ba ispelling? WTF?). anyways, the others felt naman that they just might need to grow, re-invent themselves (as they did, with the "weak" voiced female vocals, i really didnt like her for eheads, she didnt have the passion and the heart...) anyway ulit.... but ely felt it was really time to go. so he did. i heard the 1st time the eheads came out after the ely-departure thingy, on NU107's morning show... they boys were polite enough to just brushoff the issue by saying they had "creative differences"... i guess they did afterall, but they never dissed ely... i think that's very humble of them... and ely, keeping to himself was also a civil / polite thing to do... ayun lang ang ma she share ko. :)