Suicidal Lovers

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

losing someone that means so much to you is more like dying, in some cases even worse...

pero i read from a psychology book that a person moves on after 6 months to a year. pag lumampas non magpatingin ka na....

i've experienced losing someone i used to love, sobrang sakit. but i never thought of killing myself, siguro kasi deep inside umaasa kong balikan nya ko... but it never did happen. later on i thought to myself that i would be much better off without that stupid idiot....

now i found my so, and i am more than complete. but still the thought of losing my present love will not push me to k*ll myself. i know he would hate me for that. saka sabi nga e, kaya kinukuha sa iyo ang isang bagay e para mabigyan ka ng mas maganda diba?

psychologically speaking, ang taong may totoong suicidal tendencies ay hindi na nagmamakaawa, nambablack mail o nagbabanta. this attempts are usually practiced by those you expect the least..

para naman sa mga nagbabanta, i guess they better have to look deep into themselves na pkkisamahan lang sila dahil sa takot at awa ng partner nila hindi dahil sa gusto pa talaga sila makasama.. there'll always be someone out there who's worthy of everything... just sit and wait...

Dealing with emotional blackmail can be particularly distressing for someone who is very sympathetic to others. It pits you against your own conscience, because you are held responsible for someone else's feelings. The only apparent solution is to comply with the other person's wishes, although you become a victim of manipulation as a result.

A person who employs such a tactic does so out of desperation (or convenience, because it is surprisingly effective on most people.) Guilt is a powerful form of persuasion. If you wish to avoid becoming a victim of such a tactic, try to put things in their proper perspective. Remember, we all  make our own choices---even how we deal with unfavorable outcomes, such as a breakup. If a person chooses to take their own life, it was their choice---not yours.

In all likelihood, most people who make such a threat never carry out their plan (unless they are susceptible to some form of mental or emotional disturbance.) It's a cry for help, and what they really need is someone who can make them get back on their feet. A support group, mainly family and friends, can do that for them. By involving yourself, more often than not, you create a form of dependence, and they may never recover from it. Allow them to move on with their life by making a clean break.

my bf just did that a few days ago...i'm the type who is very sympathetic to the point i empatize...its not only distressing... he sucked out the life of me... its me who died not him. :(

i'm still recovering, he doesn't know i felt this way and i can't get out...

my bf just did that a few days ago...i'm the type who is very sympathetic to the point i empatize...its not only distressing... he sucked out the life of me... its me who died not him.  :(

i'm still recovering, he doesn't know i felt this way and i can't get out...

it'll just take some time to get used too, but i know the feeling.

As far as I know, sanity dictates hanging on to life. So if somebody wants to commit suicide, that's pretty much insanity.

If I don't know the person, normally, I'd say ... one less nitwit in the world. However, if its someone that I love, albeit I cannot stand that person anymore, I would feel bad, but not bad enough to stick it out with a nutcase.

Guest ^arianne^

A person who would have that frame of mind is insane

I can't be responsible for someone else's life the same way, he is not accountable in my quest for happiness.

Ang hirap ng emotional blackmail.

Pero pag ginawa niya iyon, dadalawin ko na lang siya in case :)

payong kaibigan lang from someone that's been there too...

I've learned not to depend on someone for my happiness...

look for happiness within yourself and have your own identity

so when that person you love leaves you or the relationship ends

you are not lost without them.

..mark of an enlightened soul. Takes time to get to this stage.

i take it you've been though a lot?

-Sin™

• 2 weeks later...

when you're young, you do stupid things ... like take your life when your lover leaves... so when I look at the scars on my wrist it reminds me everyday that there must be a reason why I made it. I continue to make mistakes until now... but then I am still alive... :)

i don't know if there is a thread like this already...

i was just wondering... what would you do if the relationship is really not working out for you, and your SO freaks out when you tell him/her and tells you that he/she will take his life?

sa awa naman ng Diyos e di pa nangyayari saken to, pero what if diba?

kayo? nu gagawin nyo? tpos bigla kang mumultuhin no? :blink:

one should've read the signs early on. don't mess with people with low self-esteem/immature because if you're caught up in one, that person will make your life a living hell.

It is never worth it to lose one's life just because of a love that one had lost. Even if the person is supposedly the best for you or is a so-called "soul mate". The only advice I have to people is to never let yourselves be so caught up in the moment of extreme depression over the loss of a loved one na you will decide to end your life.

I can guarantee you that once you've dealt with your depression, sadness, and broken heart, that with time, this feeling will come to pass. Pag-lipas ng panahon, this suicidal feeling will be supplanted by other events in your life that will be of such joy to you. When that happens, you will look back at this particular time in your life when you felt that all was lost and meaningless. I assure you na magugulat ka sa magiging reaction mo and feeling mo towards yourself.

• 2 weeks later...