Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

$150 na ba sa geylang ngayon?? last time i was there about 6 years ago $40 lang.. tabi tabi mga houses doon just look for the houses with lighted numbers outside.. yung madaming pana na nakatambay hehe

JT,

U R RIGHT! YUN SINASABI NI MAGALING NA $150 AY MGA CHINESE MALAYSIANS NA BINOBOOKED. 2 ANG TYPES NILA MAY $80, YUN $150 UPPER CLASS YUN AT THE BEST ANG SERVICE. YOU CAN GO TO ANY OF THE "CASAS" WALA SILANG SHOWROOM BUT MAPAPANSIN MO LABAS PASOK ANG GUYS NA CUSTOMERS AND GIRLS IN MICRO MINI OR LONG DRESSES WITH SLITS UP TO THEIR SINGIT.

MAY MGA CUBICLES SA LOOB AS IN WAITING LOUNGE FOR CUSTOMERS WHERE THEY SERVE CHINESE TEA AND SWEETS.

YUN $40 AY MGA THAIS, STAY-IN SILA DOON. USUALL MAY AQUARIUM YUN AT NAKIKITA MO YUN MGA CHICKABEBS.

AND THE ILLEGALS...

SA STREETS NAKATAMBAY NAMAN ALONG LORONG 10, $100 INCL HOTEL CHINESE MAINLANDERS YUN.

LORONG 12-14, LOOK LIKE PINAYS BUT ACTUALLY INDONESIANS FROM NEARBY ISLANDS LIKE BATAM, BINTAN, ET AL. $30-40 INCL HOTEL

LORONG 16-18 AND ALLEYS TRAVERSING MAY INDIANS AND THAIS AND VIETNAMESE ALL AT $40 INCL HOTEL...

PAHABOL MAY RUSSIANS ALONG LOR 12 YATA NOT SURE 3 LANG CLA. $200 INCL HOTEL...

INGAT LANG GUYS...USE PROTECTION ALL THE TIME.

well, i just recently arrived from singapore last october. i stayed there for a month and the best place that i can recommend is the sentosa. i was really amazed to their musical fountain and i also like their underwater world. try to go there in sentosa by cable car!!! sobrang nakakatakot! pero, yun glass cable car ha. one more tip....don't forget to eat in marina south! it is like dampa in paranaque. eat-all-you-can po sya at S$12 converted to Php 360.pero the difference is may stove sa table nyo and kayo ang magluluto kung anu gusto nyo lutuin. dame kayo choices from seafoods to meat to veggies to noodles....etc. then, kung gutom na kayo and can't wait naman na magluto pa eh they have naman cooked food na. basta try it...m sure u will love it! then don't forget to visit din sa singapore zoo, night safari and jurong bird park.

:) :cool: :rolleyes:

for some, who actually tries to glorify a backward country like singapore, i feel pity! :angry:

somebody decided to open this thread and thinks "oh, wow, not a whole lot of filipino ever been to singapore! i should start a thread and say how glamourous and fantastic it is."

well its not. the country's beauty is so f*cking fake that westerners never bother to visit it. show me the poorest slum in manila and i'll say they are having more fun than the richest place in singapore. besides, those as*holes are prejudice against filipinos.

:grr:

so my hidden secret in traveling to singapore? don't. go somewhere else. don't believe the hype of the workers that are over there. it's over rated. or find out the hard way like I did!

Edited by disruptor
Guest globetrotter

different people,different perceptions.hindi naman lahat ng singaporeans are ass holes.i'm living in singapore and i have a lot of singaporean friends.hindi naman sila against sa filipinos based on my experience.they are friendly and happy go lucky.same as philippines,meron din ditong nice spots (like sungei buloh wet reserve park) to visit kaya nga lang di kasing dami ng 'pinas since maliit lang yung country (maybe even smaller than metro manila).singapore might not be a wonderful place based on your standards but for me, its a second home.

for some, who actually tries to glorify a backward country like singapore, i feel pity!  :angry:

somebody decided to open this thread and thinks "oh, wow, not a whole lot of filipino ever been to singapore! i should start a thread and say how glamourous and fantastic it is."

well its not. the country's beauty is so f*cking fake that westerners never bother to visit it. show me the poorest slum in manila and i'll say they are having more fun than the richest place in singapore. besides, those as*holes are prejudice against filipinos.

:grr:

so my hidden secret in traveling to singapore? don't. go somewhere else. don't believe the hype of the workers that are over there. it's over rated. or find out the hard way like I did!

Well, whatever the reason about your grudges on Singapore you are entitled to express it. I didn't made this thread to glorify Singapore. I started this thread because I enjoy travel and I will be traveling to Singapore this coming December and I need some information from some MTC members here who have been to or is currently living in Singapore. I didn't see any threads about Singapore travel so I made this thread. First and foremost, I am fascinated with people with different cultures. I like eating and the best way to delight in your meal is to know the people and its culture....you will learn a lot about the culture by looking at the ingredients of your meal. This thread is about sharing your best experiences (or in your case, bad) and it is all about the very best (or worse) of Singapore.

I have been to Singapore way back in 1992 and 1993 and I was fascinated with the place, the food, the shopping, the theme parks, the zoos, the nightlife and the people (good or bad...I did encounter some rude Singaporeans). This thread is about the enjoyment of travel in a place called Singapore, be it good or bad. Britain has developed Singapore into a major international trade center and it has one of the highest standard of living in asia and I would like to see Singapore's prosperities again, the caning of an American way back in the news makes me want to study more of their culture, banning of chewing gum? that's fascinating!. I want to know why George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, decided to put up a workshop on Special Effects Design (Industrial Light and Magic) in Singapore instead of the Philippines. I want to see once again Lee Kuan Yew's vision came into fruition this year (2004).

You're welcome to express your thoughts about Singapore and I would really like to know your reasons why do you think it's fake. But for me, all countries has its ups and downs and the way I see it the more 'downs' the more fascinating. :)

Edited by Anaheim
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...