Do you like your job?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in the call center/BPO industry for 20 years now. I started as an agent then got promoted to team leader then shift manager and then operations manager. I admit that I experienced burn out when I assumed a leadership role. Sobrang toxic dealing not only with the agents but also with clients, your peers and your immediate supervisor. I got redundated from my job several years back and got a hefty separation package.

I was at a crossroads in my career. I didn't know if I wanted to continue my career in the BPO industry or start a new career elsewhere. Uso noon ang WFH freelancing jobs so I tried it pero hindi ako nagtagal. I got hired by a BPO company na back end and stayed there for a little more than a year, It was the worst company I ever joined. The bosses were horrible. The culture they tried to cultivate was different what they were actually practicing. I got fired from that job and it was the best thing that happened to me.

Months later, I got hired by a call center. It's not one of the big call centers but not necessarily small, medium lang. I was tasked to lead a new account and I was the most senior and experienced among the leaders. All the knowledge and skill I gained through the years, I poured in this new job. The result was that we saw improvements in our account's performance, had better relationship with our client and my bosses acknowledged the good work I put forward. So yes, I like my job. It really makes a difference if you feel appreciated for the work that you do.

I love my job. Stressful at times and the pay can be better but it is not an issue with me since atmosphere/environment at work is good. The people there are great to work and interact with unlike the ones from my previous companies.

Edited by Hanz_ohm
  • 1 month later...

Been a tech support in BPO for 12 years, here in uae na for 5yrs, planning to take IT education in canada so i can get an IT back end job..... I do not want any leadership role pra less stress but at the same time i wanted to upgrade my skills in technology field... I'm ok with my job but i wanted my brain to learn more stuff, usually doing home improvement and cooking during my day off....Ung chill ka lang sa buhay mo kahit stressful minsan trabaho mo but at the same time you have plans for your retirement.. 

• 2 weeks later...