Nso Matters, Dfa Matters, Citizenship, Travel, Passports Etc

kittytigerpanther

Please, can anyone help me.

I am from Hong Kong with Hong Kong passport. I have a Filipino girl friend here in the Philippines. She got married before with a Filipino guy and have 3 kids. My girl friend separated with her ex-husband more than 5 years ago and never seen each other anymore. But she didn't divorce with her ex..... Means i cannot marry her, diba?

2 years ago, we had our own daughter and she was born in the Philippines and with Birth Certificate.

As I didnt marry with my girl friend, I need to travel back to Hong Kong from time to time in order not to overstay in the Philippines. But it is very costly even though i have the APEC business travel card that I can stay in the Philippines up to 59 days without visa.

My question is: how can i stay in the Philippines for more than 2 months at the lowest cost and legally?

Thanks a lot

Please, can anyone help me.

I am from Hong Kong with Hong Kong passport. I have a Filipino girl friend here in the Philippines. She got married before with a Filipino guy and have 3 kids. My girl friend separated with her ex-husband more than 5 years ago and never seen each other anymore. But she didn't divorce with her ex..... Means i cannot marry her, diba?

2 years ago, we had our own daughter and she was born in the Philippines and with Birth Certificate.

As I didnt marry with my girl friend, I need to travel back to Hong Kong from time to time in order not to overstay in the Philippines. But it is very costly even though i have the APEC business travel card that I can stay in the Philippines up to 59 days without visa.

My question is: how can i stay in the Philippines for more than 2 months at the lowest cost and legally?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

If you are really interested, I have a lawyer friend who is in a firm who specialize in this field. If you are serious, you can PM me and will give you details.

Off hand, however, I think you should get at least an investor's VISA here or that sort.

Cheers.

Hi,

If you are really interested, I have a lawyer friend who is in a firm who specialize in this field. If you are serious, you can PM me and will give you details.

Off hand, however, I think you should get at least an investor's VISA here or that sort.

Cheers.

Hi, I dont know how to use PM function. Maybe you PM me so i can reply. I am interested to contact your friend.

Thanks.

I am to leave for taiwan

however, name in my passport is different from what i am using, some letters were missing, plus my birthday is different

what should i do? :thumbsupsmiley:

You should have your passport corrected to prevent complications. If Taiwanese officials ask for documents and the one's you present would not match the name and birthdate on your passport, they will probably conclude there is something fraudulent going on. That would be a serious matter not worth taking the risk for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hindi ito tama. ang lumalabas lang sa NBI ay yung may mga criminal cases. ang utang sa bangko ay hindi criminal case (in fact, ayun mismo sa ating Saligang Batas, hindi maaaring makulong ang isang tao dahil lamang sa pagkakautang).

kalimitan, ito ay pananakot lamang ng mga collector ng pagkakautang sa credit card. wala po itong katotohanan (kung utang lang ang kaso mo ha).

kaya lang, wag nating kalilimutan - ANG UTANG DAPAT BAYARAN!

Is it true?

Kung may utang ako sa isang bangko, lalabas ito sa NBI (for Abroad) pag kumuha ako?

Therefore, hindi ako makakakuha ng Passport.

• 2 weeks later...

Question good sirs:

My cousin was banned from one country because he could not pay his credit card due to loss of employment. He is now here in Manila but is trying to find another work overseas. Question is, will he be allowed a foreign visa? I mean will the previous ban from a different country affect his chances of finding work somewhere else? Thanks in advance sirs, and mabuhay po kayo!

• 2 weeks later...
Question good sirs:

My cousin was banned from one country because he could not pay his credit card due to loss of employment. He is now here in Manila but is trying to find another work overseas. Question is, will he be allowed a foreign visa? I mean will the previous ban from a different country affect his chances of finding work somewhere else? Thanks in advance sirs, and mabuhay po kayo!

First off you have to clarify what you mean by banned. What is his status in that country and which country are you referring to??? Generally though each country has their criteria on why a non-resident gets "banned", and this is either just temporary or lifetime.

Non-payment of credit cards may be a cause for a non-resident to be banned entry in a Muslim state, hence it may be possible that in all similar states he may be banned, specially if the credit card which he did not pay belongs to a Muslim bank.

Is it true?

Kung may utang ako sa isang bangko, lalabas ito sa NBI (for Abroad) pag kumuha ako?

Therefore, hindi ako makakakuha ng Passport.

Kung utang lang po na di nabayaran di dapat...pero pag me tumalbog na checks na dahil sa utang eh criminal na po yan...kung dahil naman sa credit card pwede din po lalo na po kung biglang nagbago ng adress without informing the banks...may "fraud" na po kasi...

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope this is the right forum for this:

My uncle, a Filipino by birth now a US citizen is advanced in age and has came back to the Philippines to live out his days. Still of sound body and sound mind, he wants to will some of his money still in the US (in various bank accounts and financial instruments) to certain charitable institutions here in the country.

He wants to know if an executor is needed to be appointed or could he just instruct in his will that in the event of his death the US bank/financial institution is to donate the money to the specified benefactors in the Philippines of his choosing.

Pls advice. Thanks in advance.

since US citizen na siya, it will be US law (specifically the law of the State where he last resided) which will apply. depende kung ano ang sinasabi ng State Law niya. Offhand, i'd say mangangailangan pa rin ng executor, kasi kakailanganin din naman na may isang tao na mag-iinform sa banks na patay na siya, tsaka kailangang patunayan muna na yun nga ang will niya.

perop ara sigurado, kumunsulta siya sa isang abugado sa America tungkol dito (Amerikano kailangan kasi nga batas ng America ang iiral)

I hope this is the right forum for this:

My uncle, a Filipino by birth now a US citizen is advanced in age and has came back to the Philippines to live out his days. Still of sound body and sound mind, he wants to will some of his money still in the US (in various bank accounts and financial instruments) to certain charitable institutions here in the country.

He wants to know if an executor is needed to be appointed or could he just instruct in his will that in the event of his death the US bank/financial institution is to donate the money to the specified benefactors in the Philippines of his choosing.

Pls advice. Thanks in advance.

It would be extemely hard for you to get one because they would presume that since you have applied for a working visa, your intention would be to work there.

so that means i cannot go to US as tourist because I have a working VISA? Thanx for the reply bro redax...

Technically speaking no because you have different purposes for those 2 visas. If you travel on your H1 visa, they may verify if the job you were petitioned for is still open and if they find out the employer who petitioned you has withdrawn the job offer, you would be sent back to the Philippines. They might consider this act of yours fraudulent impose sanctions.

Technically speaking no because you have different purposes for those 2 visas. If you travel on your H1 visa, they may verify if the job you were petitioned for is still open and if they find out the employer who petitioned you has withdrawn the job offer, you would be sent back to the Philippines. They might consider this act of yours fraudulent impose sanctions.

Tnx bro...

Edited by ElPatayo
since US citizen na siya, it will be US law (specifically the law of the State where he last resided) which will apply. depende kung ano ang sinasabi ng State Law niya. Offhand, i'd say mangangailangan pa rin ng executor, kasi kakailanganin din naman na may isang tao na mag-iinform sa banks na patay na siya, tsaka kailangang patunayan muna na yun nga ang will niya.

perop ara sigurado, kumunsulta siya sa isang abugado sa America tungkol dito (Amerikano kailangan kasi nga batas ng America ang iiral)

Thanks Sir rocco69 for the heads up.

Hi...pwede po magtanong? Anyone who knows something about US immigration? Ganito kasi yun...

My Auntie who is a US Citizen na kapatid ng nanay ko petitioned my mom and the whole family (except sa bunso na hindi pa ipinanganak during the time the petition was filed) I-130.

The petition was approved August 1990.

I want to know the status of our petition so I went to this site: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa and saw sa may

processing timeframe: April 15, 1999.

What does that mean? Nalampasan na ba case namin? Wala pang narereceive na notification ang mom ko. Or both my mom and auntie will receive a letter from USCIS?

hindi pa na-update ng petitioner ung address nya kasi lumipat sila ng bahay.

And we want na maisama ung name ng bunso sa petition. Ano pwede namin gawin?

Gusto ko din malaman if ung mga kids na kasama sa petition na ages below 21 pa nung na-file ung case tapos now eh above 21 y/o na single eh maisasama pa sa pag-alis if ever?

Please help!

Thanks! :* :)

Hi...pwede po magtanong? Anyone who knows something about US immigration? Ganito kasi yun...

My Auntie who is a US Citizen na kapatid ng nanay ko petitioned my mom and the whole family (except sa bunso na hindi pa ipinanganak during the time the petition was filed) I-130.

The petition was approved August 1990.

I want to know the status of our petition so I went to this site: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa and saw sa may

processing timeframe: April 15, 1999.

What does that mean? Nalampasan na ba case namin? Wala pang narereceive na notification ang mom ko. Or both my mom and auntie will receive a letter from USCIS?

hindi pa na-update ng petitioner ung address nya kasi lumipat sila ng bahay.

And we want na maisama ung name ng bunso sa petition. Ano pwede namin gawin?

Gusto ko din malaman if ung mga kids na kasama sa petition na ages below 21 pa nung na-file ung case tapos now eh above 21 y/o na single eh maisasama pa sa pag-alis if ever?

Please help!

Thanks! :* :)

What do you mean by the petition was approved August 1990? Baka naman you meant to say that your petition was filed August 1990.

Ok as to the processing time frame, if you did see "April 15, 1999" that means the USCIS is already processing those who filed in 1999.

As for your petition, it seems that your petition MAY have been acted upon already. You can check the status of your petition online by going to the USCIS website. Although you must have your receipt number with you because only petitioners/clients may view their status.

As for the notification, I think it is only the petitioner that is notified. The change of address though is not that consequential if your aunt left a forwarding address. The problem is if the forwarding by the USPS had already lapsed. Have her change her address. That can be done online too.

As for the "bunso" I don't think she can be included now because your petition most probably had already been processed. He/she must be petitioned anew. BTW, how old is the "bunso" now?

As for the age question, age is a factor only at the time the petition is filed. It is not consequential if at the time the petition is granted, the petitionee's are already above 21 yrs. old. The favorable decision of any petition would still be applicable to them.

I hope this helps.

ESQ.

Edited by redblack
What do you mean by the petition was approved August 1990? Baka naman you meant to say that your petition was filed August 1990.

Ok as to the processing time frame, if you did see "April 15, 1999" that means the USCIS is already processing those who filed in 1999.

As for your petition, it seems that your petition MAY have been acted upon already. You can check the status of your petition online by going to the USCIS website. Although you must have your receipt number with you because only petitioners/clients may view their status.

As for the notification, I think it is only the petitioner that is notified. The change of address though is not that consequential if your aunt left a forwarding address. The problem is if the forwarding by the USPS had already lapsed. Have her change her address. That can be done online too.

As for the "bunso" I don't think she can be included now because your petition most probably had already been processed. He/she must be petitioned anew. BTW, how old is the "bunso" now?

As for the age question, age is a factor only at the time the petition is filed. It is not consequential if at the time the petition is granted, the petitionee's are already above 21 yrs. old. The favorable decision of any petition would still be applicable to them.

I hope this helps.

ESQ.

ganito po ung nakasulat:

The above petition is approved. We have forwarded it to the consulate listed above. This completes all ins action on this petition. Please contact the consulate directly if you have questions about visa issuance or wish to have the petition moved to another consulate.

Wala akong account online. I dunno if I am eligible for that kasi daughter na kasama sa petition. But I will advise my auntie na magregister sya mamaya online to check the status. Paano if nag-lapse na ung petition namin? :(

By the way, "bunso" is 15 y/o na po.

Another concern pa, ahmmmmm, what if ayaw ng sumama ng dad ko mag-migrate sa US? pano un? pwede ba na iwan na lang sya? hehe!

ganito po ung nakasulat:

The above petition is approved. We have forwarded it to the consulate listed above. This completes all ins action on this petition. Please contact the consulate directly if you have questions about visa issuance or wish to have the petition moved to another consulate.

Wala akong account online. I dunno if I am eligible for that kasi daughter na kasama sa petition. But I will advise my auntie na magregister sya mamaya online to check the status. Paano if nag-lapse na ung petition namin? :(

By the way, "bunso" is 15 y/o na po.

Another concern pa, ahmmmmm, what if ayaw ng sumama ng dad ko mag-migrate sa US? pano un? pwede ba na iwan na lang sya? hehe!

I just checked the May 2009 visa bulletin, they are now presently handing out visa numbers for family sponsored 4th preference (brother and sisters of adult citizens) category petitions for the Philippines with a cut off date of 8 July 1986. So may available visa number right now are those who have approved petitions on or earlier than 8 July 1986.

So kung approval nyo is 1990, wala pa yong sa inyo. Nakapila pa.

Best thing to do is have the petitioner notify the USCIS of the change of address. So, that if your turn in line comes, duly notified kayo.

Your dad does not have to go with you, walang effect yon sa petition nyo.