Why Do Handsome Men Fall For Ugly Women?

Handsome or at least very presentable men can and do end up with - pardon the term - ugly women. Or to be more politically correct, aesthetically challenged females. As Private Ryan said, fallen from the top of the ugly tree.

Prime example: Manny Villar and Cynthia "Battleaxe" Aguilar - Villar.

What are the possible reasons?

Money? Tremendous sexual prowess on the part of the female? Gayuma?

Please to share your thoughts. TIA.

Edited by viral
  • Like (+1) 1

Handsome or at least very presentable men can and do end up with - pardon the term - ugly women. Or to be more politically correct, aesthetically challenged females. As Private Ryan said, fallen from the top of the ugly tree.

Prime example: Manny Villar and Cynthia "Battleaxe" Aguilar - Villar.

What are the possible reasons?

Money? Tremendous sexual prowess on the part of the female? Gayuma?

Please to share your thoughts. TIA.

But it's no secret that, in your example, money was a very big factor...

Hi Viral. I love this thread. I hope the men of mtc will be encouraged to post. As much as I want to share, I couldn't so I'll just keep dropping by to see the contributions of our fellow members. :)

Hindi rin kasi ako makabingwit ng gwapo eh so di ko masagot. Hindi nga rin ako makaisa ng lalaki eh. :lol:

Guys, please share ah. :) This is fun.

PS. Kung nagkatuluyan sana si Miley Cyrus at Liam Hemsworth, they could've been a great example. I know I'm bad but it's Liam! Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum too though Jenna kasi is sexy pero for me kung itatabi mo sya kay Channing, ahhmm, uhmm. :)

Hi Viral. I love this thread. I hope the men of mtc will be encouraged to post. As much as I want to share, I couldn't so I'll just keep dropping by to see the contributions of our fellow members. :)

Hindi rin kasi ako makabingwit ng gwapo eh so di ko masagot. Hindi nga rin ako makaisa ng lalaki eh. :lol:

Guys, please share ah. :) This is fun.

PS. Kung nagkatuluyan sana si Miley Cyrus at Liam Hemsworth, they could've been a great example. I know I'm bad but it's Liam! Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum too though Jenna kasi is sexy pero for me kung itatabi mo sya kay Channing, ahhmm, uhmm. :)

@Jessie, I think you are being way too modest! A real lady.

@Kaest, I think you've brought up the best reason of all - love - and they say it's blind.

Just to further the definition of "ugly," pwede rin in reference to character, attitudes and behavior.

I agree that money can be a motivation, but maybe there are other things?

Also, "ugly" can be relative, right?

Hope you keep 'em coming. :)

Edited by viral

actually bihira lang naman yung ganung case, kaya lang natin napapansin, kasi nga bihira lang hehehe... ( gulo ba? ) maaaring hina highlite lang itong ganitong usapin kasi baka merong not so ugly men or women na me gusto sa magandang men or woman... saka naniniwala naman din ako na hinde lang looks ang dahilan ng isang relasyon.. kung pera at kasaganahan naman, baka sa simula lang pro nadedevelop din kc ang emosyon eh... kung matandang, mayaman, na maitim na talagang hinde gwapo na me mestisahing dalaga na medyo bata pang karelasyon... ayun! bk nga dahil lang sa pera, pro as i said... bihira lang yun...

wala naman panget! bakit ang mga forenger, hanap nila mga babaeng hinde masyado maganda, pro satin pangit na d b? nasa tumitingin yan... mga kapatid hehe

• Like (+1) 1

@Jessie, I think you are being way too modest! A real lady.

@Kaest, I think you've brought up the best reason of all - love - and they say it's blind.

Just to further the definition of "ugly," pwede rin in reference to character, attitudes and behavior.

I agree that money can be a motivation, but maybe there are other things?

Also, "ugly" can be relative, right?

Hope you keep 'em coming. :)

Ugly Is indeed relative. What is considered ugly for one person may be considered beautiful to another. And that applies to looks, character, attitude and behavior as you correctly stated. Personally, I don't think any guy (good looking or otherwise) would fall for a woman whose attitude/behavior is deemed ugly unless the guy possesses the same qualities. In such a case, the term birds of the same feather flock together will apply.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Perhaps the certain unattractive-looking lady to you is witty, intelligent and charismatic. Perhaps she transforms into a goddess when she talks or sings or dances. Or maybe her personality is radiant and her heart is kind. Baka naman magaling magluto ng kaldereta or whatever his favorite food is. It's a lot of factors. We have some very ugly women in history who still managed to snag the men from prettier rivals. For example, I can state the Duchess of Windsor, Wallis Simpson. She is neither beautiful nor sexy but she made up for it in glamour and sense of humor. If she isn't beautiful, the Prince of Wales didn't seem to think so. Or maybe we could note Tullia Aragona- look her up- who was neither beautiful nor bosom-y but she still reeled in the literati of her day. Not only was she intelligent, she was good in bed and she devised an ingenious way to establish herself in the sex trade. The first honest courtesan.

I am simply saying that there are many factors that can affect a man's decision. A woman has to have something to set her apart. She has to be very beautiful, very witty, very charming or at the very least, very wicked. Perhaps her asset is her ugliness. Who knows? There might be something about her that men cannot understand but yearn to learn...

.... like her bank password and ATM pin. ;)

Just kidding.

Keep an open mind, darlings. It's not all about the looks... It's all about skill.

I'm so struck by the perceptive insights that all of you have shared. I've learned new things about relationships from reading them.

Please keep sharing your thoughts along the lines of this thread including related topics, I don't think it would be OT.

wise words from smart ladies in the house cool.gif

so true.

FYI, there are a LOT of married men who have the most attractive wives, but would fall for average-looking women on the side.

Although this pretty wife - not so pretty mistress thingee is a separate story from the thread topic altogether wink.gif

I really think the pretty wife-not so pretty mistress thingee would belong to this thread as well! :)

Maybe this is OT but it involves a permutation of the thread topic. I had a client once who was of Spanish extraction and not bad looking. But her ugali was so bad -- matapobre; superior attitude but didn't really know s@%t, ass kisser to higher-ups -- we used to laugh at her behind her back and even to this day those of us who worked together still hate her guts. Someone like that I would not get involved in even if she was the last woman on earth. The idea makes my skin crawl.

I've concluded that I should use the term "ugly" more carefully. From reading your posts, I've realized that there really are no ugly people, unless it's in reference to their character, personality, attitudes and behavior. But not appearance.

Thank you all for your thoughts. Hope you keep sharing them.

As this thread evolves, it really isn't just about it's title, but the factors that make or unmake relationships, with the term "ugly" only as a point of departure.

Thanks again.

Edited by viral
  • 2 weeks later...

It is not always about the looks nor money. Some handsome men fall for the average woman who exudes confidence and skin deep beauty. True that men initially go for the looks but still a few good men look beyond what the naked eyes can see once they get to know this average woman who has all the qualities and traits that are admirable and lovable, love just isn't impossible

• 2 months later...

eto lang, hindi dahil hindi pasok sa preferable qualities eh panget na.

minsan, ang hindi sobrang gifted girls have qualities na wala sa mga purely

ganda lang ang meron. one good example nito, is yung magandang character..

minsan, may makakasama kang maganda at sexy lang, pero in the end,

you would only say "wag nalang magsalita" kasi walang kwenta in the portion.

hindi mo maeenjoy kasama, or siguro hindi siya date/girlfriend/partner material.

di ko sinasabing lahat ng magaganda ay ganon. merong ilan. :D

sige, in short, iba-iba ang bawat babae. in terms of physical traits or

character wise. remember, people are created unique. ^_^