Proud To Be Fat?

hindi mo ako papatulan?

:lol:

miss black cat, i think you just cemented your argument with these past two posts.

my views have nothing to do with my own life... i feel that there is a discrimination being committed to people in this country where thin is in, pale skin is fashionable and ironed out hair is attractive. i will stand up for these views because i don't believe that anyone should be persecuted for how they look.

i understand it when people go out of their way to voice out their concerns about health. but when the argument turns into the "thinner people get more out of life" angle, then i think i have a right to say that this is wrong.

i don't mean to preach nor do i mean to persecute anyone here. but there is something inherently wrong in what is being discussed here. and it has raised my ire and a few others who have posted before me.

in a society that does not make room to allow people to be comfortable and proud in their own skin, whatever skin this is, whatever size this comes in, i'm doing every bit i can to fight against it. i was just surprised that even here, online, where we only have our words and thoughts to represent us, physicality still takes precedent.

i hope this will be the last post i'll ever have to make regarding this issue. let me leave those who read this with one point: accept yourself. whatever size you are, however you look, love begins by loving yourself. when you learn to drown out negative comments that will only bring pain and hurt, and learn to appreciate everything that you've been given and sharing happiness with others in return, then that is a life worth living.

i wish everyone can have this.

BRAVO ! :)

actually hindi lang in this country...even in US ganyan, discrimination..dati sa skin color nagyun naman sa body build..pansin ko nga din sa mga sexy at machong katawan medyo mayayabang nga ang dating. pero wag ka... karamihan dyan BAKLA naman..:) HAHAHHA

at totoong hindi lang discipline ang kailangan mo sa pag papayat, magastos din yan !! diet + gym ??

sa hirap ng panahon ngayon ??

quote nga sa komersyal........... INVEST IN YOUR MIND !! :)

I would like to stress though, that even if one's attitude towards life is positive (meaning, being fat shouldn't necessarily make one unhappy), I would still say that one should trim down for health reasons. There's no denying that one's body shouldn't be a benchmark for happiness; there are many factors to consider one's state other than the body, but from a health standpoint I still think that one should try to stay healthy, and most do agree that being fat isn't healthy in any way.

I would like to stress though, that even if one's attitude towards life is positive (meaning, being fat shouldn't necessarily make one unhappy), I would still say that one should trim down for health reasons. There's no denying that one's body shouldn't be a benchmark for happiness; there are many factors to consider one's state other than the body, but from a health standpoint I still think that one should try to stay healthy, and most do agree that being fat isn't healthy in any way.

amen bro.... amen....

hindi mo ako papatulan?

accept yourself. whatever size you are, however you look, love begins by loving yourself. when you learn to drown out negative comments that will only bring pain and hurt, and learn to appreciate everything that you've been given and sharing happiness with others in return, then that is a life worth living.

i wish everyone can have this.

Yup.. di kita pinatulan kse di naman kita inaway just like what you did.

Look, you were the one who took "mataba" as something negative. I only used it to describe (adjective) my friend who is really mataba. And she herself recognized that it was indeed a problem.

You know what.. if you're really happy with the way you are now, you wouldn't have reacted that way. So what if the world is unfair? If you really are happy, it should not matter even if people would say something bad about being fat.

Still.... being fat is not healthy.. so, why do you have to be proud of yourself if you're fat? Being fat means you don't know how to discipline yourself.. it means you have bad eating habits and you don't exercise.

BRAVO ! :) 

actually hindi lang in this country...even in US ganyan, discrimination..dati sa skin color nagyun naman sa body build..pansin ko nga din sa mga sexy at machong katawan medyo mayayabang nga ang dating. pero wag ka... karamihan dyan BAKLA naman..:) HAHAHHA

at totoong hindi lang discipline ang kailangan mo sa pag papayat, magastos din yan !! diet + gym ??

sa hirap ng panahon ngayon ??

quote nga sa komersyal........... INVEST IN YOUR MIND !! :)

It's not even discrimination. If you think that sexy/macho people get better opportunities than the fat ones, then, that's your problem.

Pano ba naging mayabang? Porke confident ka sa sarili mo, mayabang na ba tawag dun? :blink: Nayayabangan ka siguro kse naiinggit ka kse mas napapansin sila. :rolleyes: :lol:

Invest in your mind.. mas malinaw ka mag-isip pag healthy ka. Pag mataba ka, madali uminit ulo mo (mataas kse ang cholesterol sa dugo) at madali kang mapagod... pano ka mag-iisip ng malinaw nyan di ba? :goatee:

Di mo kailangan gumastos para lang magpapayat... DISIPLINA lang yan. :hypocritesmiley:

Look, you were the one who took "mataba" as something negative.  I only used it to describe (adjective) my friend who is really mataba.  And she herself recognized that it was indeed a problem.

You know what.. if you're really happy with the way you are now, you wouldn't have reacted that way.  So what if the world is unfair? If you really are happy, it should not matter even if people would say something bad about being fat. 

Still.... being fat is not healthy.. so, why do you have to be proud of yourself if you're fat?  Being fat means you don't know how to discipline yourself.. it means you have bad eating habits and you don't exercise.

:blink:

you guys ok?

Look, you were the one who took "mataba" as something negative.  I only used it to describe (adjective) my friend who is really mataba.  And she herself recognized that it was indeed a problem.

You know what.. if you're really happy with the way you are now, you wouldn't have reacted that way.  So what if the world is unfair? If you really are happy, it should not matter even if people would say something bad about being fat. 

Still.... being fat is not healthy.. so, why do you have to be proud of yourself if you're fat?  Being fat means you don't know how to discipline yourself.. it means you have bad eating habits and you don't exercise.

as i said before, there are PEOPLE WHO ARE GENETICALLY PREDISPOSED TO BEING ON THE HEAVY SIDE. it could be because they have thyroid or metabolism problems. but obviously, for these people, discipline and the lack thereof are not to blame.

people should be proud of themselves NO MATTER WHAT SIZE THEY COME IN. if they have a good heart and live a good life and try to better themselves in the right ways, then what is there to be ashamed of?

as a matter of fact, miss black cat, i am very happy with my life right now. i don't care what people have to say about me. i have more than i can ever wish for--a family that loves me, friends who will k*ll for me, a job i enjoy to high heavens, and everything else that can possibly make life comfortable. i am also proud of myself because i have an open mind--a mind that doesn't judge people on how they look. which is more than i can say for you.

whatever the case, miss black cat, people here can see that your narrow minded views are nothing but that--products of a narrow-minded person.

It's not even discrimination.  If you think that sexy/macho people get better opportunities than the fat ones, then, that's your problem. 

Pano ba naging mayabang? Porke confident ka sa sarili mo, mayabang na ba tawag dun?  :blink:  Nayayabangan ka siguro kse naiinggit ka kse mas napapansin sila.  :rolleyes: :lol:

Invest in your mind.. mas malinaw ka mag-isip pag healthy ka.  Pag mataba ka, madali uminit ulo mo (mataas kse ang cholesterol sa dugo) at madali kang mapagod... pano ka mag-iisip ng malinaw nyan di ba?  :goatee:

Di mo kailangan gumastos para lang magpapayat... DISIPLINA lang yan. :hypocritesmiley:

investing in your mind is possible no matter what size you are. does science say fatter people think slower?!

i don't think so.

this is absolutely insulting.

mental capacity is NOT AT ALL correlated to physical size.

Missmanners.. hindi rin porke maganda ang katawan ng tao ay automatic na mayabang at walang utak. Nasa studies yun na mas malinaw ka lang mag-isip at hindi makitid ang utak pag healthy ka (READ: hindi ko sinabi na mahina ang utak ng matataba.. ikaw ang nag-conclude nun).

Tignan mo ikaw, ang dali mag-init ng ulo mo at napaka-negative ng pagtingin mo sa buhay. Kulang pa ang nagastos mo sa south beach diet mo.. dagdagan mo pa. :lol:

as a matter of fact, miss black cat, i am very happy with my life right now. i don't care what people have to say about me. i have more than i can ever wish for--a family that loves me, friends who will k*ll for me, a job i enjoy to high heavens, and everything else that can possibly make life comfortable. i am also proud of myself because i have an open mind--a mind that doesn't judge people on how they look. which is more than i can say for you.

Well, you don't have to convince me that you're happy with your life. :) The way you post shows that you have hang-ups on being fat.

We're just discussing here why one shouldn't be proud of being fat. Yes, some people may have accepted the fact that they are fat.. but.. why be happy if you're not healthy? If you're not healthy, mas maiksi ang buhay mo.. that's also a fact. If you're truly happy with your life, dapat pahabain mo pa ang buhay mo.

That was my point. You just have to misconstrue it with your negative way of thinking.

That's your problem... that's happiness for you. :)

missmanners, sorry to interrupt, but hyperthyroidism involves sudden and fast weight loss.

see article below...

Hyperthyroidism

Signs and symptoms

Article sections:

Overview

> Signs and symptoms

Causes

When to seek medical advice

Screening and diagnosis

Complications

Treatment

Self-care

Hyperthyroidism can mimic other health problems, which may make it difficult to diagnose. It can also cause a wide variety of signs and symptoms, including:

* Sudden weight loss, even when your appetite and food intake remain normal or increase

* Rapid heartbeat (tachycardia) — up to 200 beats per minute, irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) or pounding of your heart (palpitations)

* Nervousness, anxiety or anxiety attacks, irritability

* Tremor — usually a fine trembling in your hands and fingers

* Sweating

* Changes in menstrual patterns

* Increased sensitivity to heat

* Changes in bowel patterns, especially more frequent bowel movements

* An enlarged thyroid gland (goiter), which may appear as a swelling at the base of your neck

* Fatigue, muscle weakness

* Difficulty sleeping

Older adults are more likely to have either no symptoms or very subtle ones, such as an increased heart rate, heat intolerance and a tendency to become tired during ordinary activities.

Sometimes an uncommon problem called Graves' ophthalmopathy may affect your eyes. In this disorder, your eyeballs protrude beyond their normal protective orbit when tissues and muscles behind your eyes swell, pushing the eyeballs forward. This can cause the front surface of your eyeballs to become very dry. Other signs and symptoms of Graves' ophthalmopathy include:

* Red or swollen eyes

* Widening of the space between your eyelids

* Excessive tearing or discomfort in one or both eyes

* Light sensitivity, blurry or double vision, inflammation, or reduced eye movement

reference: http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objec...B7EB&dsection=2

Missmanners.. hindi rin porke maganda ang katawan ng tao ay automatic na mayabang at walang utak.  Nasa studies yun na mas malinaw ka lang mag-isip at hindi makitid ang utak pag healthy ka (READ: hindi ko sinabi na mahina ang utak ng matataba.. ikaw ang nag-conclude nun). 

Tignan mo ikaw, ang dali mag-init ng ulo mo at napaka-negative ng pagtingin mo sa buhay.  Kulang pa ang nagastos mo sa south beach diet mo.. dagdagan mo pa. :lol:

Well, you don't have to convince me that you're happy with your life. :) The way you post shows that you have hang-ups on being fat.

We're just discussing here why one shouldn't be proud of being fat.  Yes, some people may have accepted the fact that they are fat.. but.. why be happy if you're not healthy?  If you're not healthy, mas maiksi ang buhay mo.. that's also a fact.  If you're truly happy with your life, dapat pahabain mo pa ang buhay mo.

That was my point.  You just have to misconstrue it with your negative way of thinking.

That's your problem... that's happiness for you. :)

i will not allow myself to get entrenched in personal attacks... because obviously, miss black cat, you are part of a very small minority with very small brains. no one else thinks like you around here. i don't see anyone saying they agree with you.

miss black cat, i wish you a happy life. i've been blessed many times over in mine. i surround myself with good people. and i also have a brain and a good heart. a brain that i use all the time and a heart that doesn't judge based on looks.

unlike you.

so good luck to you, your skinny body and your skinny brain. good luck also to everyone you encounter in this life. i just hope that they pass your very high standards to make it to your elite circle of sexiness.

to add, low metabolic rate or metabolic syndrome is really dangerous. it requires immediate medical attention due to risks involved like heart disease or diabetes. so if you have one (im not implying you have one), you have to have yourself checked.

please see articles below...

Metabolic syndrome

Signs and symptoms

Article sections:

Overview

> Signs and symptoms

Causes

Risk factors

When to seek medical advice

Screening and diagnosis

Treatment

Prevention

Self-care

Having metabolic syndrome means you have several disorders of your metabolism at the same time, including:

* Obesity, particularly around your waist (abdominal obesity)

* High blood pressure (hypertension)

* One or more abnormal cholesterol levels — high levels of fats (lipids) or low levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, the so-called "good" cholesterol

* Resistance to insulin, a hormone that helps to regulate the amount of sugar in your body

Having one component of metabolic syndrome means you're more likely to have other components of the syndrome. And the more components you have, the greater are the risks to your health.

One study showed that men with three factors of metabolic syndrome are nearly twice as likely to have a heart attack or stroke and more than three times more likely to develop heart disease than those with none. The same study showed that men with four or five factors of the syndrome have nearly four times the risk of heart attack or stroke and more than 24 times the risk of diabetes.

reference: http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objec...99AE&dsection=2

Namaste`

I hope all you readers will erase your discrimination on Fat people...

so whats wrong with being Fat?

Being Fat is just an illusion...same as Beauty.

Whatz imporant is the "Inner Beauty" that you exude for everyone...be it friend or foe.

I think what you should fear the Most is the Negative Karma that you have sowed....

for that Karma will return in 3 to 10 folds...at a designated time, and it will Hit you without you being aware.

I had some fat/chubby female friends ...and most of them are Better Lovers than those sexy but egoistic ladies, who think they are Gifts from God.

well, there are ladies who are Nice and Humble...but some are totally "Too Mayabang" and are not Good Lovers.

Hahaha! Speaking of sex, pano naging magaling yun madaling mapagod? Hahaha! Laging depende yan.. may taong payat na hindi magaling sa sex.. may taong mataba na hindi rin magaling sa sex. So, hindi porke mataba or payat ang isang tao, guaranty na yun na magaling sya sa sex.

At hindi rin porke mataba, hindi na masama ang ugali at hindi tatamaan ng karma. :rolleyes: (mas madali nga silang tamaan kse malaki sila... hahahaha! okey.. that was a joke! :P)

Anyway, as I've said, AGAIN, being fat is not healthy. Bonus na lang if you look good because you have a nice body. Marami rin namang pangit na payat. So, hindi issue dito kung maganda ka o pangit ka. Since nasa health and fitness thread tayo.... IT'S ALL ABOUT HEALTH!!!

:hypocritesmiley:

i will not allow myself to get entrenched in personal attacks... because obviously, miss black cat, you are part of a very small minority with very small brains. no one else thinks like you around here. i don't see anyone saying they agree with you.

miss black cat, i wish you a happy life. i've been blessed many times over in mine. i surround myself with good people. and i also have a brain and a good heart. a brain that i use all the time and a heart that doesn't judge based on looks.

unlike you.

so good luck to you, your skinny body and your skinny brain. good luck also to everyone you encounter in this life. i just hope that they pass your very high standards to make it to your elite circle of sexiness.

Hahaha! Look who's talking about personal attacks? And you're even claiming that you are smart? Hahaha! Smart people don't have common sense pala? :blink: (ni hindi mo kaya sundan yun topic ng thread eh.. matalino ka ng lagay na yan? :rolleyes: :blink: :lol: )

And hey.. hindi porke mataba ka, monopolize mo na ang pagiging matalino. Pwede ka rin maging sexy, matalino at maganda. Masama ugali ng ganun? Inggit ka lang. Hahaha! :lol:

Galit ka ba sa mundo kse di tumalab sa yo ang South Beach Diet? Cool ka lang kse.. after 2 weeks pa bago mo makita resulta nyan.. at samahan mo rin kse ng exercise. ;)

Sa last post mo para kay google... inamin mo rin na ang pagiging mataba ay hindi healthy.. kaya patingin ka na rin sa doctor.. kung ano mang problema ng glands mo.. kung pwede pati glands sa utak pacheck-up mo na rin.. hahahaha! :lol:

no one else thinks like you around here. i don't see anyone saying they agree with you.

Read again... seems that you don't understand what you're reading. :blink:

Many have posted that being fat is UNHEALTHY. Di pa ba malinaw sa yo yun? And hey, don't brag about your life here.. convince yourself more that life for you is good... I will not argue with that (coz that's not the topic). :rolleyes:

I never judged you missmanners.. you were the first one who judged me... you were the first one who insulted me. Again, if you find the adjective FAT very offending.. then, that's your problem (awayin mo rin si Sex Guru o.. hehehe). :D

Besides, wala kang isang salita.. akala ko ba di ka na magpopost dito sa thread na to? (Ikaw nagsabi ha.. walang nagbabawal sa yo). Sa Net na nga lang, maski word of honor na lang sana ang ipagmalaki mo.. wala rin pala. :rolleyes:

Please...... chill out....... We don't need to argue here... This post doesn't discriminate anyone may you be large framed or not...... please, no personal attacks.... we're here to help and not to judge people..... If you're big and want to stay big then it's your choice no one is stopping you... but if you feel that it's already hindering you to do certain things then that 's something that you need to think about..... stay :cool: guys and gals alike.... :mtc:

I was mataba in highschool but I'm not saying that I'm not happy.... discriminated? A little siguro when they told me to go on a diet or something..... pero ang sarap kumain diba..... kaya ayun kain pa rin me hanggang sa napansin ko na ang sikip na lahat ng damit ko then I tire myself easily... so I thought why not give it a try.... So I followed my teacher's advice just to cut my food intake to half then I started to immerse myself in simple exercises.... then un na.... I lost weight big time.... that made me feel better kasi I achieved something.... pero lately medyo lumalaki na ulit si Mr. tummy kaya diet ulit me.... puro oats and bread lang during weekdays.... I want to share this with people kasi it made me feel better about myself.. but if you're already happy of what you are and with what you have then more power to you...... pero at least give it some thought..... at least tipid ka sa pagkain at magkakasya ka na sa mga dati mong damit..... :) right now I'm trying to lose those love handles and lower back bulges.... mas mahirap na ngayon kasi dati araw araw pingpong.....

but if you have illnesses that hinders you to lessen your body weight then I guess you need to exert more effort to lessen up diba kasi nga un ung prob ..... pero just my 2 cents... it's up to you if you want to follow it or not... cheers! :cool:

Yeah... the problem with people here is that they try to justify being fat by claiming that people who have great bodies are bad people, mayabang, hindi magaling sa kama, etc. Tama ba yun? That's simply sour-graping. :rolleyes:

Again, if you're really happy with your life... stay healthy.. para matagal ka pang mabuhay sa masaya mong buhay. ;) And para sa mga matataba.. if you're really proud that you're fat.. di kayo dapat nagsa-sour grape.. di ba? :rolleyes: Lagay nyo na lang.. to each his own... wag nyo kaming pakialaman dahil mas gusto namin maging mataba. :cool:

Nga pala... I am not skinny... fyi, I have the right curves at the right places (pakitingnan na lang sa pic gallery.. dare to bare thread). Yes.. pinagyayabang ko talaga yan. :rolleyes: :upside: :lol: Yan kse ang bonus ko for trying to stay healthy. :cool:

I don't even have to convince myself or anybody that I am happy... it shows naman eh. :)