6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

mga pare,

i noticed that there are still a lot of quality players in the free agent pool. i think i can still add one roster spot per team (perhaps a guard or util spot). if this is ok with you guys, let me know by posting your answer. thx mga pare.

question. kasama ba ung util sa pagkompute ng fantasy points head to head? err, nakalimutan ko na kase eh...

okay lang na we add another spot. :D

Edited by hoopburners
For the benefit of those who are too lazy to backread like me, please add to the information below

thanks

Username / Team

1) cheeselogger / Roughnecks

2) hoopburners / Chu's Hoopburners

3) gift_of_game / Barnstormin' Bruins

4) ayasadai / Ayasadai(?)  --->  yes thats me!  :)

5) chad_moneyshot / G.R.O all-stars

6) gwapogi / Solomon Inc.

7) bubuy / TeamKewl

8) agentjackbauer / Agentjackbauer

9) bret_hart / rip city

10)CAL! / CAL! SHANDY

I posted this at the other thread before I saw this one, my apologies...

Boss Bubuy, would like to trade Gasol? :)

Edited by ayasadai
here's my lineup

Roughnecks

Brevin Knight (Cha - PG)

Jason Williams (Mia - PG)

Mike Miller (Mem - SG)

Tracy Mcgrady (Hou - SG/SF)

Al Harrington (Atl - SF/PF)

Lamar Odom (LaL - SF/PF)

Al Jefferson (Bos - PF)

Kenyon Martin (Den - PF)

Kwame Brown (LaL - PF/C)

Tyson Chandler (Chi - PF/C)

Theo Ratliff (Por - C)

Brad Miller (Sac - C)

M. Bibby

V. Carter

L. Ridnour

L. James

A. Jamison

D. Gooden

M. Okur

P. Brown

T. Prince

D. Wesley

R. Davis

E. Boykins

B. Skinner

ei dude, here's my line up, care to trade Brad Miller? Guys in bold are untouchable though :)

yes, i'm in for adding an additional roster spot...

...well, the AK/Melo debate will probably be a long one... of course, in my interest, my lineup sorely needs rebounding and blocks - and on the other hand, i have an excess of wingmen and scorers (j-ho, reef, jj, melo, kobe) so i just had to give up melo... but believe me, it is a hard give, coz i dunno how jj will pan out in atl, and j-ho is still to have a starting 5 year... then, if ak-47 becomes mr. glass (w/c he was lately), most of you would probably mock me for giving up a 20pt 5reb 4ast 85%FT 35%3PT guy in melo...

...but that's a risk i am willing to take, ok??? :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by gwapogi
IMO, the Anthony for Kirilenko trade is one lopsided trade and I have voted to veto it. No hard feelings folks ha. Its just my opinion. Assuming both are healthy, AK-47 is a certified top ten fantasy player who can help a team in multiple categories while Melo is a one-dimensional fantasy player who cant even dream to be in the top 20. One could certainly get more for AK-47 that just Melo. Again, my two cents.

your right. ako din nagvote against.

your right. ako din nagvote against.

ay ganun? :wacko:

me phone in question po tayo dito sa line 1... pasok...

"...kapag po ba me nag-vote against, ano po ang magiging effect nun sa actual trade???"

...isa pa pong phone-in question sa line 2... pasok ulit...

"... ilang days po ba ang actual waiting time for the actual trade to materialize..."

...at finally, last phone-in question sa line 3... pasok ulit...

"...kapag po ba nag-open ng additional roster spot, paano po ang priority? sa waiver rights po ba o meron parang expansion draft..."

ayon sa help... eto nakalagay about sa trades.

If the offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified and managers/commissioners can review the deal. In a Public League, an objection of four or more managers within two days will veto the trade. In a Custom League, the commissioner has veto power for the length of time chosen during configuration. While other managers may weigh in on a particular trade, only the league commissioner can approve or reject the deal.

Click on the 'Details' link for the trade on your team page to vote on a trade or to accept/reject it as the league commissioner.

During the review period, trades are mark val.

ayon sa help... eto nakalagay about sa trades.

If the offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified and managers/commissioners can review the deal. In a Public League, an objection of four or more managers within two days will veto the trade. In a Custom League, the commissioner has veto power for the length of time chosen during configuration. While other managers may weigh in on a particular trade, only the league commissioner can approve or reject the deal.

Click on the 'Details' link for the trade on your team page to vote on a trade or to accept/reject it as the league commissioner.

During the review period, trades are mark val.

uhm... ok... nice info there :)

well, guys, i need a legit PF...

my apologies to Gwapogi and Ayasadai, but I have to turn down your offers...

Brad Miller is my starting center and I just can't risk trading him away for now...

Dwight Howard I'll probably not trade away coz, you guys can disagree with me, I believe he's gonna explode this year. So also as of now, he's definitely off the trading block.

Tyson Chandler I might trade away (obviously I might add other player/s) if I could get maybe Pau Gasol, coz he's really the only guy (and maybe Allen) that I really, really, really want to get. So if you're really serious in getting any of my players, I suggest a three way deal that would get me those two above-mentioned players...

I'm just airing out my wishlist... :hypocritesmiley:

peace :mtc:

Brad Miller is my starting center and I just can't risk trading him away for now...

Dwight Howard I'll probably not trade away coz, you guys can disagree with me, I believe he's gonna explode this year. So also as of now, he's definitely off the trading block.

Tyson Chandler I might trade away (obviously I might add other player/s) if I could get maybe Pau Gasol, coz he's really the only guy (and maybe Allen) that I really, really, really want to get. So if you're really serious in getting any of my players, I suggest a three way deal that would get me those two above-mentioned players...

...no problem man... i'm just desperate for PF's... maybe you could ask for some of my PG's for some of your PF's...

...no problem man... i'm just desperate for PF's... maybe you could ask for some of my PG's for some of your PF's...

no dis bro, but I'll stick with my PG's. try to coerce Allen and Gasol to your team and maybe then I'll be amenable to trade scenarios...

my apologies again and I know I'm a real pain in the butt to talk too :blink:

btw, I vote for an another slot to our current teams setup... :cool:

nice thread you guys have here... :P

ok. guys, as a rule, I'll be rejecting all offers for the meantime since I still want to see how my team pans out.

here's my lineup:

PG J. Terry (Dal - G) x

SG M. Ginobili G x

B. Simmons (Mil - GF)

SF R. Lewis (Sea - SF) x

PF J. O'Neal (Ind - PF) x

F S. Swift (Hou - FC) x

C T. Duncan (SA - FC) x

Util R. Alston (Hou - PG) x

Util D. Williams (Uta - G)

Util J. Smith (NOK - SG)

BN M. Sweetney (Chi - PF)

BN T. Ford (Mil - PG)

it's loaded up front and at the point and while I'm inclined to surmise that Bobby Simmons will have a great season as Michael Redd's new runningmate, that's gonna be bit of a stretch. East Coast Ball is a different animal and Bogut has got to prove that he's gonna be a tough customer down low to command double teams each night.

all that said, i'm looking for a proven scorer at the g-f spot to trade with a froncourt player and a pg. please study all your offers before you present them. we can get to business after a few games into the season.

Ball on hoopheads!

ps those with x's after their names are my untradeables. still, if there's a good deal around, well... :)

i have a very enticing offer to you... see it in yahoo and tell me if you will agree...

Re melo-ak47 trade: no, your trade will npot immediately go down the drain. ours is a custom league but i chose to allow the league members to vote on a trade. i could still change the rule and make myself the sole decision-maker. I do not want to though. I will see as the season goes along if more lopsided trades are agreed upon by the members. I also want to get a sense how members in his league vote on a trade. dont worry guys, Im a very fair commissioner. Ilang beses na rin akong naging commissioner dati, hindi ko kayo gagaguhin, laro laro lang naman to eh.

If Im not mistaken, the waiting time for a trade to go down is two or three days, subject to change nga lang (ex. kung holidays at walang nag-oonline, pwde ko iextend ang waiting period so the members can see the trade and decide to vote or veto before it goes down).

As an aside, a trade like Melo for AK47 in other leagues would be lambasted to high heavens, he he. Melo will k*ll your team with his turn overs kasi. There IS a reason why he is not ranked high in the rankings of most fantasy experts.

AK-47's stats last year when he played 41 games:

15.6 points, 6.1 rebs, 1.6 steals, 46.4 FG%, .6 3PTM, 3.1 assists and 3.3 blocks

During the 2003 season wherein he played 78 games:

16.5 pts, 8.1 rebs, 1.9 steals, 44. 3FG%, .9 3pt made, 3.1 and 2.8 blocks

Melo's stats for last season:

20.8 pts, 5.7 rebs, .9 steals, 43.1 FG%, .6 3PTM, 2.6 assists and .4 blocks

AK-47 beats Melo in ALL categories except scoring. Yes, even the 3pts made category is a toss-up. Their career averages in FT % are almost identical too: 78.7% for Melo and 78.6 for Kirilenko. Plus, Melo averages 3 turnovers per game to AK-47's 2.2. With Ak-47, a team has a reasonable expectation to win the blocks and steals category in every match-up. With Melo, a team gets a direct hit in the turnover and FG% categories.

One may argue that the stats are close but they really arent. AK-47 is an 8-category monster. Melo is fantasy basketball's most overrated small forward (sabi ng yahoo yan, and I agree).

The argument that AK-47 is glass-like or has been injury-prone recently does not wash. He played 80 and 78 games respectively in the previous two seasons (Melo played 82 and 75). AK-47 is no Chris Webber. Of course, if either player gets injured and is unable to play for an extended period of time, the trade will always be a steal for whichever team got the player who didnt get injured. One cannot simply evaluate a trade on the basis of possible injuries except when the trade involves a player who has had a history of losing games due to injury (i.e. Webber, Iverson, Houston, Baron Davis to name a few).

Again, this is just for arguments sake folks. I will not void the deal on my own accord.I just cant help but speak my mind when it comes to these trades since I am such a fantasy addict, he he:-)

In any case, I have a glut of power forwards: Bosh, Murphy, Randolph (monster season up ahead!!), and Boozer. Marion who is an F, can also play PF and can actually rebound better than most PFs. Im open for reasonable trade offers. Im setting my eyes on Ray Allen, Kyle Korver and Raef Lafrentz.

Any trades folks? Good luck mga tol!!:-)

no problem dude! ill try to snatch gasol or allen then! :thumbsupsmiley:

In any case, I have a glut of power forwards: Bosh, Murphy, Randolph (monster season up ahead!!), and Boozer. Marion who is an F, can also play PF and can actually rebound better than most PFs. Im open for reasonable trade offers. Im setting my eyes on Ray Allen, Kyle Korver and Raef Lafrentz.

Any trades folks? Good luck mga tol!!:-)

well explained AK/Melo trade... but then again, fantasy drafts, or drafting in the very sense of the word, is a GAMBLE... :thumbsupsmiley:

...well, i have an abundance of PG's in my fold... care to trade with me?

..and commish, sorry for nixing the early JJ trade... too much potential for him to be a "good numbers, bad team" guy... :cool: