118 replies to this topic

#1 kangkong_at_bagoong

kangkong_at_bagoong

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

Devil May Cry is a PlayStation 2 video game created by Capcom. It has a dark gothic tone that is contrasted with a mix of heavy metal, industrial and ambient, melodic music. Players control the trash-talking protagonist Dante, a laid-back demon hunter who is a half-demon himself. There have been three games released in the series to date, plus a special edition of Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening released as part of the Greatest Hits series.

The first game of the series developed a strong fan-base and, although not the only one, it became an important killer app in early years of the PlayStation 2. This led to disappointment when the second installment failed to be as innovative as the first title. The third was billed as a return to the formula of the original and has been well received.

HISTORY

In 1998, after the completion of Resident Evil 2, preliminary work on Resident Evil 4 began under the supervision of Hideki Kamiya. However, Capcom continued producing and publishing other titles in the series, both internally and externally (Resident Evil Code: Veronica was developed by Nextech Corporation under Capcom's supervision). Early R&D work included a trip to Spain to examine various castles as a basis for the game's environments. However, in prototype status, it proved to be too different from the Resident Evil series and the survival horror genre in general. Rather than abandon the project entirely, the premise was changed and it eventually became Devil May Cry. Although the characters in the Resident Evil 4 prototype were all new, some of the monsters bore resemblance to previous Resident Evil creatures. For instance the armored reptilian creature "Blade" is similar to a Hunter. The Marionettes were zombies constructed from various body parts. The Kyklops creatures are similar to the large mutated spiders from Resident Evil.

Devil May Cry became a popular hit with players because the game represented a return to the gameplay of frantic 2D action games of the late 1980s and early 1990s, arguably the first game of its generation to reach this level of intensity. Since these game elements were now represented in 3D with some innovation, a storyline and a terrific soundtrack, Devil May Cry became a game in its own class.

DMC 1 STORYLINE

The game revolves around the P.I. (Private Investigator) Dante and his one-man devil hunting agency "Devil May Cry", which he runs in hopes of finding and killing the demons that killed his mother. Dante also has a twin brother named Vergil, who we learn very little about during the course of the game. The story alludes to The Divine Comedy in the game's areas (roughly resembling and representing inferno, purgatorio, and paradiso) as well as in some of the character names; however it is purely an aesthetic similarity, and indeed the game borrows from a very wide range of sources for inspiration. After a less than proper introduction, a woman named Trish, who bears a striking resemblance to Dante's mother, convinces him to help her defeat Mundus, the Emperor of the Underworld, who is the leading antagonist of the game. The duo then sets off to Mallet Island, where Mundus's resurrection is about to take place, and where the majority of the game plays out.

DMC 2 STORYLINE

Taking place after the conclusion of the first Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2 begins with Dante being invited to Dumary Island (known as Vie De Marli to the local people) by the mysterious Lucia and her mother, Matier, who once protected the island from demons alongside Dante's father Sparda. Matier had enlisted Dante's help to prevent the Arcana, a set of magical artifacts, from falling into the hands of Arius, the game's antagonist. Arius was the president of an international corporation and desired to have supreme power; in his own words, he wanted to "transcend all living things". To accomplish this, he sought to obtain the Arcana and perform the ritual that would grant him the powers of the evil god, Argosax the Chaos.

DMC 3 STORYLINE

Devil May Cry 3 takes place before the establishment of the Devil May Cry agency and before Dante has awakened the majority of his devil lineage. The game focuses heavily on the dysfunctional relationship between Dante and his twin brother Vergil.

#2 kupalking

kupalking

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:45 AM

one of the best games sayang nga lang at mukang yung part 4 eh di nalalabas sa ps2 at ps3 na ito labas

#3 oso

oso

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

yep, great game. nice story, funky moves. sana ilabas din sa ps2 yung dmc 4

#4 pimpkin®

pimpkin®

8-BITlog

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10851 posts
  • Interests:you know what i want....

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:23 PM

syempre astig! DMC4 sa PS3 na ata lalabas....Go Dante!!! Let's ROCK!

#5 lml_sete

lml_sete

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

Kita ko na rin yung clips ng DMC 4 sa ganda at buhay na naman si dante.

DMC 3 kasi di ko pa natapos lufet ni virgil diko matalo-talo sa laban kailangan ko na yata ng cheat codes para dito hehehe.

DMC rocks

#6 Kurtsky Keigee

Kurtsky Keigee

Kid at Heart

• (01) Lurker
  • 10407 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:45 AM

I know where to get a DMC comics nasa PDF format
If you want benta ko sa inyo burn ko sa CD hehe

#7 lml_sete

lml_sete

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

diba pede yan for free

#8 Kurtsky Keigee

Kurtsky Keigee

Kid at Heart

• (01) Lurker
  • 10407 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

Malaki eh tamad i upload hehe Try ko

#9 lml_sete

lml_sete

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:55 PM

Malaki eh tamad i upload hehe Try ko

Thats good bro :cool:

Hintay na lang namin yung link pag na upload na :D

#10 Phrozhen.Khold

Phrozhen.Khold

† Photographer Kuno †

• (11) Wyld
  • 6834 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

I really had fun playing this game primarily because of the moves that Dante can do... and his killer combos :cool:

#11 kangkong_at_bagoong

kangkong_at_bagoong

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:48 AM

Kita ko na rin yung clips ng DMC 4 sa ganda at buhay na naman si dante.

DMC 3 kasi di ko pa natapos lufet ni virgil diko matalo-talo sa laban kailangan ko na yata ng cheat codes para dito hehehe.

DMC rocks

Yup mejo mahirap nga si virgil sa mission 20 ng DMC3, but if you want to see some cool moves done by hardcore players of DMC3 (I guarantee mapapamura kau dito....PAKSHET!!!) , check this link where you can download videos of various mission from DMC3 done in DMD mode with SS rank hahahaha!!! banges...I managed to replicate some mission moves pero ang iba ang hirap....

Here is the link DMC Videos by Matthew

#12 lml_sete

lml_sete

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:11 PM

Nice one bro.... natalo mo na ba si virgil sa mission 20 ng DMC3 kung steady lang sana ang life gauge ni virgil di yung nag a-add natalo ko na sana kaso lufet it just keep on rising and dante his life force gradually decrease during the fight...

So what's diffirence between DMC3 and DMC3 special edition anyway?

#13 THUG

THUG

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1839 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:28 PM

mas magaling si Leon of Resident Evil kay Dante..

Leon fan pa din ako!

#14 pimpkin®

pimpkin®

8-BITlog

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 10851 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:00 PM

Dante! Let's Rock!

#15 kangkong_at_bagoong

kangkong_at_bagoong

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:35 AM

Nice one bro.... natalo mo na ba si virgil sa mission 20 ng DMC3 kung steady lang sana ang life gauge ni virgil di yung nag a-add natalo ko na sana kaso lufet it just keep on rising and dante his life force gradually decrease during the fight...

So what's diffirence between DMC3 and DMC3 special edition anyway?

Yup, talagang di ko tinigilan hanggang di ko natatalo, un nga lang hidi kasing halimaw nung nasa videos ni matthew, cguro natalo ko c virgil 15mins :boo:

#16 lml_sete

lml_sete

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

Yup, talagang di ko tinigilan hanggang di ko natatalo, un nga lang hidi kasing halimaw nung nasa videos ni matthew, cguro natalo ko c virgil 15mins :boo:

Finally after so many attempts i finally defeated virgil :cool:

How did i defeat oh well i used lots of items VITAL STAR plus the rebirth stone got 3 of it then suddently virgil come to an end :lol: but the thing is the killer moves and combos of virgil is quite impressive.....nung di ko pa natapos yung ending akala ko patay na si Dante yun pala yung clips ng encounter nila ni virgil that time pala dante develish power unleashed no wonder the call it DMC 3 "Dantes Awakening" plus of course the title itself "DMC" which mary "the lady" says even the divil may cry :evil:

Who's in with DMC3 special edition im craving to play virgil role kung gano siya kalufet :D

#17 pimpkin®

pimpkin®

8-BITlog

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 10851 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

unang game ko sa PS2 ay DMC. bebenta ko kaya? hmmm.....inde rin..... :D Let's Rock! :thumbsupsmiley: astig!

Attached Files

#18 lml_sete

lml_sete

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:52 PM

Aside from the killer combos and good since of humor, Dante also a rock star on DMC 3 after defeating the lady vampire he done the Elvis presley thingy :cool:

#19 lickemcrazy

lickemcrazy

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

i had just finished dmc-3 after a week of playing...

actually, mga 1 year ko na nabili yung cd but just couldnt find time to play...

as i predicted, nakaka-addict, when you start playing, you'll be hooked-up so much
na wala na sa isip ko yung trabaho ko hehehehe..

the game rocks!

#20 lml_sete

lml_sete

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

Yung special edition bro ng DMC3 maganda rin pede mo laruin si Vergil lufet din ng killer moves and combos niya.

DMC4 naman tayo sa PS3 this coming November.

Edited by lml_sete, 09 September 2006 - 01:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users