The PLDT Complaint Thread

umd

mga bro .. weroam is the same as WLAN/WiFi + GPRS roaming with SMART ... correction po that there aint no thing as 3.5G ... and speed of GPRS and EDGE is almost the same ... as they are still using frame relay as their medium to access network ... OK talaga ang access sa PS or 3G kc they already are utilizing ATM and IP

so if you ask me that PLDT weroam is ok ... it is the same service ng WiFi at GPRS operator such as SMART or GLOBE ...

salamas po!

mga bro .. weroam is the same as WLAN/WiFi + GPRS roaming with SMART ... correction po that there aint no thing as 3.5G ... and speed of GPRS and EDGE is almost the same ... as they are still using frame relay as their medium to access network ... OK talaga ang access sa PS or 3G kc they already are utilizing ATM and IP

so if you ask me that PLDT weroam is ok ... it is the same service ng WiFi at GPRS operator such as SMART or GLOBE ...

salamas po!

weroam is actually dependent on the signal of all smart BTS,and from SMART BTS it wold be connectd to PLDT NETWORKfor you to surf the net. PLDT do the marketting but its a tie up with smart with regards to network stracture

been using this for more than a year now... it is NOT comparable to DSL. Mabagal. Cool nga lang kasi mobile. All you need is at least a GPRS or EDGE coverage, which is almost everywhere.

Whether you get a GPRS or EDGE, pareho lang ang bandwidth provided.

Pero pwede na for MTC surfing...

pag na-release na WI-MAX or 3G for this kind of service, lilipat na ako...

been using this for more than a year now... it is NOT comparable to DSL. Mabagal. Cool nga lang kasi mobile. All you need is at least a GPRS or EDGE coverage, which is almost everywhere.

Whether you get a GPRS or EDGE, pareho lang ang bandwidth provided.

Pero pwede na for MTC surfing...

pag na-release na WI-MAX or 3G for this kind of service, lilipat na ako...

3g malapit na..tested one unit for MVP the other day using the new sierra and globetrotter card..3x the speed of GPRS and EDGE..WI-MAX no info yet

Edited by SPO1

we roam is cool re access and mobility... but thats it coz its bandwith is comparable to dial-up unlike wi-fi which is of broadband speed (at least 256kbps)... i suggest you wait for 3g or their wimax...

but if your on the budget side, try the prepaid services with free web accelerator... it really speeds up downloading and uploading... am using NITRO when i'm on the light side (spending that is), and i'm satisfied with their services...

any feedback re prepaid (internet) line?

last call namin kahapon sabi may naka-assign n daw technician at pupunta na daw pero lumubog na yun araw at sumikat uli wala pa rin yun mga damuho na yun,,,,nung una nagpunta dito gusto may lagay pa may bayad pa....btw, thanks dude.

bad experience nga yan.. ako rin naganyan na dati.. nagpromise ng tech di naman dumating... pero dati nung nagreport kami issue tapos may tech na pumunta.. mabait ung tech na nagpunta... tapos binalikan pa kme the next day to check if we are still having same issue..

bakit kaya ganyan yan sila.....pag tatawag sa hotline nila puro sasabihin ire-report at pupunta na technician pero wala nman napunta. puti na mata namin sa kahihintay wala pa rin..

sa dami ng tabaho ng mga technicians nila, hindi masagot lahat ng problems agad.

nagsisisi ako na nag DSL ako. wala kasi ZPDEE yung new place ko. masaya na ako dun, kahit mas mahal.

o di kaya, nag BRO na lang ako.

dude everytime you complain get a tracking number so you would know and follow up that number. now if it still happens or nothing happens you should escalte it to the customer service head. remember if you are an irate customer that would be the time that they will make action. always get the name of the person you are calling. or even ask for an account manager so there is someone who is always monitoring your account. i am also an account manager with a different telco. so i know the proccess.

good luck. cheers!

kung ganyan sana ang PLDT, ok lang. it took us a week to have our line repaired. everyday tawag ako hotline. and several times punta ako sa Business center. wala sila masagot except nasa technician. and to appease you, promise sila within the day, only to wait in vain.

PURO YABANG PLDT. Kung meron sana sila competitor dito, iiwan ko sila.

grabe samin sa office laki ng naluge namin halos 34 weeks kami wala dsl kesyo may problem daw , yung sa modem daw namin may problem, papatingnan daw sa tao nila ....awa ng diyos walang taga pldt dumating....3monrhs pa lng kami dsl sa kanila...ang hirap pa tumawag sa 172 sobra tagal.................

i've had bad experiences with pldt. but i had more good experiences like monstrous speeds and good connectivity.

for everyone's info, pldt is the main gateway of our country to the internet. which means that EVERY isp aside from pldt gets their connection from pldt they pay pldt for the ip addresses/connection speeds then they supply it to the consumers.

if there's an isp capable of giving the best speeds/connection anywhere in the country, its definitely PLDT.

i'm not siding with pldt, i sometimes get pissed off with their services, all i'm saying are the facts

Edited by Fitzroy

'Ala eh, monopoly talaga ng PLDT dito ang Internet services. Ang binabayaran natin dito, for example, for a 512kbps/256kbps DSL account, kasing-mahal na ng *guaranteed* 5mbps na DSL connection sa States.

Hay buhay nga naman. Malas talaga tayo dito. Ako nasa Home Professional account, na supposedly 2mbps na ang speeds. Na-upgrade nila 'to before eh, hindi lang ininform mga existing customers kaya for the longest time, basura yung speeds ko.

Buti na lang may kilala kami sa PLDT DSL mismo, kaya naayos yung connection namin to the advertised speeds. At normal and peak hours, 1.5mbps ang throughput. Kung off-times naman, umaabot ng 2.

Ang sagot diyan, maghanap kayo ng kilala mismo sa loob ng PLDT DSL. Paayos ninyo, para tapos na, hahaha. Huwag na kayong umasa sa local offices - walang alam sila diyan.

yung kabagalan ng DSL sa mga residential lines madami factor.. dami ng extension ng linya, quality ng mg wires, settings ng software. ako ng nagpakabit din last week kasi kakalipat lang namin ng bahay. kung anu anu sinabi ng technical support rep over the phone ako din nakasolve. try nyo guys baka makatulong din sa inyo:

settings ko

1) off lahat ng firewall

2) add this line to your system.ini file IRQ(???)=4096 where ??? is the IRQ setting of your ethernet card, this will dedicate 4MB of RAM to your ethernet card. to access system.ini file go to 'RUN' and type sysedit. you need to restart for this to take effect.

3) tinanggal ko lahat ng extension / splitter sa telepono tapos plug ako nung modem straight sa wall jack

4) punta kayo globequest.com.ph tapos dun sa utilities may bandwith meter. check nyo kung gano kabilis connection. anything slower than 150kbps medyo may kabagalan nyan. sa akin 214kbps na ngayon e

For over a month now hindi pa rin gumagana yung dsl namin.

kung ganyan na kabulok service pwede mo nang pa cut yung line maski wala pa 1 year since di naman nila nadedeliver service. Your paying for nothing ika nga. Basta gawa ka lang ng letter explaining lahat ng kadugasan nila kaya gusto mo nang pa cut linya. Tapos padala mo sa officer in charge.