A leaked document allegedly drafted by Philip Goldberg outlined a plot to oust President Rodrigo Duterte and replace him with a US-friendly puppet.
His plot to destabilise the Philippine government involves multiple concerted moves to:
- isolate the country – exclude the Philippines from all US military-aid packages to Asean, pressure Asean members to limit trade with the Philippines and weaken the Philippine currency and facilitate inflation
- divide the government - both within Congress and in the country at large – stoke public dissatisfaction over unfulfilled promises made by Duterte during his election campaign.
- incite dissent within the general population - track corruption cases and highlight failures; use media to the full extent to ram the anti-Duterte message home – concerning his [Duterte’s] “false vision for the Filipino people” and his “dangerous international relationships with China and Russia.”
- fund and support the opposition – give assistance to the VP Robredo-led opposition groups to include the religious groups, business sectors, civil society groups and the youth in addressing issues against Duterte.
1. Duterte has made a tour de force around Asia and the Japanese and erstwhile rivals, the Chinese, committed investments and loans to Duterte-Epic fail
2. Most of the congressmen are still for Duterte and a majority of the population still trust Duterte. Duterte does not need to do anything about this. He just has to be himself.-Epic fail
3. Duterte has done a good job in making heads roll in his anti-corruption drive, not to mention making the oligarchs pay literally. -Epic fail
4. I don't need to comment because there is nothing to comment on. But just for the sake of completing Duterte's counters to the leaked document: Haha!-Epic fail, the worst epic fail of the four.