• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mandrake,

Try going to http://www.uitf.com.ph

You'll see a listing of the different UITF products that banks offer.

That website is pretty handy as it gives you a pretty good idea of what's available out there.

Happy investing.

While that site is pretty helpful, it does not list ALL the UITF products. If you have time try to visit a bank's webpage. It will have their UITFs as well as their NAVPUs and Reports online.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
ei sounds interesting. where did you learn about it?

want to know more :)

PSBank has been doing this for years now. usually its a 5 year double your savings thing. should you preterminate, regular savings apply. TD rates are not applicable for preterminated accounts. minimum deposit before was p50k.

• 1 month later...

Why not try HomeCredit's Individual Savings Plan

It gives you an 8% p.a. compounded monthly returns in your investments. Plus, you get a free life insurance...

Comparison:

HomeCredit (at 8%)

Monthly Savings: 5,000

Target Savings: 300,000

Earnings after 5 years: 44,002.58 *

Banks (at 5%)

Earnings after 5 years: 32,024.33 *

*net of fees and charges

With HomeCredit, you don't have to worry about where to get the targeted savings when you don't have them yet. Instead, you are going to save monthly to achieve that particular amount. Plus you get a free life insurance that will make sure that you complete your targeted savings.

PM me for more details

Edited by tio_pot
  • 4 weeks later...
Why not try HomeCredit's Individual Savings Plan

It gives you an 8% p.a. compounded monthly returns in your investments. Plus, you get a free life insurance...

Comparison:

HomeCredit (at 8%)

Earnings after 5 years: 44,002.58 *

Banks (at 5%)

Earnings after 5 years: 32,024.33 *

*net of fees and charges

With HomeCredit, you don't have to worry about where to get the targeted savings when you don't have them yet. Instead, you are going to save monthly to achieve that particular amount. Plus you get a free life insurance that will make sure that you complete your targeted savings.

PM me for more details

For HomeCredit Savings Plan. Is it covered by PDIC? What happens if you want to preterminate before 5 years? What taxes are you referring to? Isn't this tax exempt for individuals if you maintain it for five years and one day?

• 2 weeks later...
they are offering 1.3 % on personal loans..from 10k to 500k..next best thing to bdo's .88% but that one is,i think just a promo and has already ended..this one is their regular rate..3-5 banking days daw processing..any inputs?..have anybody tried this yet?

Sterling Bank offers about 1% on personal loans with the same processing times and no tiering for the amounts. BDO's rates are lower but they take more than a month to process.

Sterling Bank offers about 1% on personal loans with the same processing times and no tiering for the amounts. BDO's rates are lower but they take more than a month to process.

wow!..many thanks,doc peps..m googling it now...seems like their site is not that updated yet..i think we will have to communicate the old fashioned way or maybe just pay them a personal visit..salamat...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
For HomeCredit Savings Plan. Is it covered by PDIC? What happens if you want to preterminate before 5 years? What taxes are you referring to? Isn't this tax exempt for individuals if you maintain it for five years and one day?

We are not being policed by PDIC but we are under Home Guarantee Corporation because we are classified as a Mutual Building and Loan Association. Your savings are counted as preferred share of the company thats why only 10% is being charged. Rather than interests, dividends are being given to members. If ever a member preterminates the plan before the maturity of the contract, the earnings of your investments will be computed at 4% per annum. If you complete the term, it will be computed at 8% p.a.

If ever, I can present to you a more detailed explanation personally. :)

Edited by tio_pot

I've heard of this homecreadit in our office. A lot of the regular employees have availed of the savings plan. Di pa ako regular kaya di pa ako makaavail sa office.

tio pot, pwede ba kahit hindi pa ako regular sa compny magavail ako ng plans? Whats the difference between ISP, ESP, and HFP? According to you, 8% din ang earnings ng ISP, pareho lang sya sa ESP and HFP.

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case people don't know about this yet, PSBank has been promoting this 5year, 6% p.a. (effective rate or so they claim), min of P50k deposit with them. The great thing about it i think is the monthly release of interest earned or you have a choice to reinvest interest back into the principal. There are higher bank rates of course like the ones offered by rural banks but these are classified as more risky than the likes of PSBank. As the saying goes the higher the risk, the higher the return and vice versa. One instrument that can beat this offer with a lower risk factor is Retail Treasury Bonds (RTBs). The recent one offered (first week of August i think) had 6.++% p.a. for 3 years, it's gov't issued so classified as risk-free. Di nga lang monthly interest payout. These RTBs are usually posted in major banks when available which is not that very often sad to say. Basta ang rule of thumb pag fixed income is at least 6-8% p.a. any higher than this and you're better off playing the stockmarket or going into mutual funds.

Edited by DonImus
Why go to a mutual fund when you can invest in a (Unit Investment Trust Fund) UITF instead? Most mutual funds let banks do the investing for them so you add another layer of fees to your potential earnings. The concept is the same and the BSP monitors the banks while it is the SEC that monitors mutual funds. The BSP is stricter.

When CTFs became mutual funds they were called UITFs, so they're basically the same animal (both are marked to market). The last time i checked, the advantage of UITF is no taxes (less deductions) while mutual fund companies are more marketing oriented meaning more features and flexibility (ie. monthly interest payouts, automatic payment of insurance premiums from interest earned, etc.). If any of you guys have any more inputs on this kindly post away :)

Anybody heard of the Rural Bank of Paranaque 5 year time deposit na 20% P.A.? Banking peeps whats your advice on this? Any inside information kung stable ba ang bank na ito?

Last year, I opened a couple of accounts with them at 100K each. So far the monthly interests from both accounts are regularly deposited to my savings account in another bank. No problems for me at all.

The nice thing about this 20% P.A. is that it is tax free and that the principal is covered by PDIC. :thumbsupsmiley: