Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

i like using the term bandwagon fans than fair weather. i don't even consider these true fans. they're like wannabe" jump on the bandwagon and who's the current champion" type of people and go cheer for the team like they've been long time fans. it's annoying. i'm betting that the majority of the so-called Heat fans when they were winning are on the bandwagon of the warriors since they are the champs right now.

anyway going back to this upcoming season.

i think it will be a spurs-warriors/thunder west final and for the east i think it will be a cavs-heat/bulls east final.

A lot of people said that the Cavs will win it all. However, I think that the Spurs will kick the asses of Lechoke James and his minions.

Maraming fair-weather fans dito. But speaking of teams, I will always go for the team I have rooted for since I was a kid: the 17-time champions, Boston Celtics.

If it was between the Cavs and the Spurs. On paper the Spurs have a better team and they improved their bench depth which would help Duncan, Ginobili and Parker fresh for the playoffs. But the Cavs have a very talented team too. Not to mention they have the Best Player on the planet in Lebron. People can criticize Lebron but i admit he is the best player on the planet right now. Only KD is the other player knocking on that door that i see that can dethrone Lebron as the best player but until KD wins a championship Lebron is still the best. The cavs might start a little slow because they won't get Kyrie back until January or early Feb at least. but with the emergence of Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love back. they will do fine. plus they're in the weaker eastern conference so they will be the favorites to get back in the finals

Your team the Celtics are on the right track. I read that Ainge was able to get a lot of future draft picks 1st and 2nd rounders not to mention a young core. Between them and the Lakers I like the direction the Celtics are going. They might be able to get a lot of players for those draft picks or use those draft picks to get future stars from college

wala atang nasagot as to why GSW isn't really penned to repeat. Well, for one, mahirap mag-repeat. Lalo na sa West. Second, swerte sila kasi wala silang injuries last year as compared to other teams (the Spurs, in particular, didn't have a healthy Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard). I'm a Suns fan kaya lang f'd up na dahil sa paghahabol nila kay Lamarcus (I could even go further by saying that the Isaiah Thomas signing messed it up, no thanks to the Eric Bledsoe situation). OKC wouldn't reach it 'cause Billy Donovan hasn't handled this type of pressure. San Antonio would have a problem with Aldridge. I'd like to say the Clips and the Rockets but they're really untested. so GSW out West but they wouldn't repeat.

to Phoenix's credit they were able to sign Tyson Chandler. a pretty solid interior defender which will help the young guys too serving as a mentor in the locker room.

he was pretty disappointed with Dallas because they were putting his contract on on hold because they were focused on signing Deandre Jordan, but when Deandre flipped on them for the Clippers, Dallas was scrambling to get Tyson a deal but it was too late because Phoenix gave him a nice contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13968302/minnesota-timberwolves-coach-flip-saunders-dies-cancer-age-60

Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders dies of cancer at age 60

post-481684-0-01323200-1445814716_thumb.jpg

Flip Saunders, who tallied more than 1,000 victories over a 35-year coaching career that included successful stops with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons, died Sunday of cancer at age 60.

He also coached the Washington Wizards during a career that spanned 17 seasons as an NBA head coach and a 654-592 record.

Saunders announced in August that he was being treated for Hodgkin lymphoma. Doctors considered it "very treatable and curable," and Saunders at the time said he planned to remain the Timberwolves' head coach and president of basketball operations. However, he was hospitalized following a setback in September, and it was announced Friday that Saunders would miss the entire 2015-16 season.

"The NBA family is mourning today over the tragic loss of our friend and colleague, Flip Saunders," NBA commissioner Adam Silver said in a statement. "... Flip's untimely passing has left a gaping hole in the fabric of our league. Flip was a beloved figure around the NBA, nowhere more so than in Minnesota, demonstrating a genuine and consistent passion for his players, his team and the game. On behalf of the NBA, we offer our most sincere condolences to Flip's wife, Debbie, their four children and the entire Minnesota Timberwolves organization."

Saunders first became an NBA head coach in 1996 with the Timberwolves and eventually led the team to eight straight playoff appearances. A standout offensive coach, Saunders specialized in coaching point guards. But perhaps the player he had the greatest impact on was a big man, a wiry kid who came straight from high school in 1995 named Kevin Garnett. Under Saunders' tutelage, Garnett developed into one of the best players in the NBA and eventually an MVP.

After being fired by Minnesota in 2005, Saunders was hired by the Pistons the next season and took Detroit to the conference finals for all three seasons he was on the sideline.

Saunders, after a three-year stint with the Wizards, returned to the Wolves in 2013 as team president and part-owner. In 2014 he took over again as coach. He was in the process of a major rebuilding effort following the trade of Kevin Love that included the acquisition of rookie of the year Andrew Wiggins, the engineering of Garnett's return to mentor young players, the construction of a new downtown practice facility and a renovation of the Target Center.

"It was an honor to be able to coach with Flip for over 10 years and a privilege to call him a friend for life," said Wizards coach Randy Wittman, who was an assistant for Saunders with both the Timberwolves and the Wizards. "Although I join the entire basketball world in deep sadness over his passing, we should all celebrate a great man who was able to do so much for the game he loved, the people and players he worked with and the communities where he lived."

Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg, who played for Saunders with the Timberwolves from 2003 to 2005, said he was in "a little bit of shock" after learning of his death.

"Flip played a huge part in my life. Everything from bringing me in and giving me a chance to taking a lot of the philosophy that he had," Hoiberg said Sunday. "He was a great mentor, a great leader ... a special, special person.

"And that's the thing, you're riding home on a plane win or lose -- Flip was always upbeat. [He'd] talk to you, come back and see how you're feeling, especially during struggles. He was a fatherly figure, such a caring individual. It's just awful how this whole thing went down with the complications from his cancer. It's just a sad, sad day. He'll be greatly missed."

His NBA teams won 50 or more games on seven occasions, including a Pistons franchise-record 64 victories in 2005-06. Twice he coached in the All-Star Game, and he led Team USA to the gold medal in the Goodwill Games in 2001. He also spent time as an analyst at ESPN.

John Wall, who played for Saunders with the Wizards, also issued his condolences on Instagram: "The sting of losing another loved one to cancer doesn't get any easier. My thoughts & prayers are with the Saunders &Twolves family."

Philip Daniel Saunders was born on Feb. 23, 1955, in Cleveland and was a prep basketball star at Cuyahoga Heights High School, where he was named the state's player of the year after averaging 32 points a game during his senior season.

His mother Kay nicknamed him Flip after hearing the name at a beauty salon.

In college he played on juggernaut teams at Minnesota, where he played alongside future NBA players Mychal Thompson, Ray Williams and Kevin McHale.

He began his coaching career at Golden Valley Lutheran College in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1977 and eventually rose up the ranks during seven seasons in the Continental Basketball Association, leading the La Crosse Catbirds to two league championships.

He landed in the NBA in 1995, when he wrote a letter to new owner Glen Taylor asking for a job. His college buddy, McHale, took over the basketball operations with the Timberwolves, and Saunders became the team's general manager. When Bill Blair was fired 20 games into the season, Saunders was suddenly the head coach of a struggling franchise that had never made the playoffs.

Upon his return in 2013, Saunders grabbed a level of influence within the Wolves that was unmatched in the NBA. His fingerprints were on everything, from personnel decisions to in-game strategies, even down to the pregame entertainment.

He liked to sneak up behind unsuspecting visitors to Target Center, clamp his hand down on a shoulder and squeeze with a vise-like grip that came from hours of massaging his polio-stricken mother in his youth.

He would carry around autographed cards of himself to hand out to fans, and playfully give them to media members as well with a mischievous grin on his face.

Gregarious and outgoing, he endeared himself to a Twin Cities community that viewed him as a hometown boy done good, with his Gophers roots overshadowing his Cleveland upbringing. And Flip loved Minnesota right back. When he returned to the organization after 10 years away, he recounted a story about working for ESPN and being asked why he still lived in Minnesota so long after he was fired.

"And I'd say 'Well, you don't really understand unless you're from Minnesota. You really don't get it. Even when it snows on May 3rd you really don't get it,'" Saunders said. "And the loyalty and the passion that the people have here is what always drives me back."

Saunders is survived by his wife and four children, including son Ryan, who is a Wolves assistant coach.

"This is a very sad day and my heart, my prayers and condolences go out to the entire Saunders family," Clippers coach Doc Rivers said Sunday. "Flip was more than just a friend; he was a confidant and a mentor. The basketball world lost a 'coaches' coach' today, and I lost a great friend."

The Timberwolves open the season Wednesday. Sam Mitchell has been named interim head coach, and GM Milt Newton is heading the team's personnel department.

Rest in Peace Coach Flip

Edited by hahnz

Syet, I feel you. Ako nga nakawawa yung Dallas ko eh. Pero partly to blame din yung management namin. Mas gusto ko pa na mag-tank sila ngayon.

Onga sir. Too bad they had to let Tyson Chandler go. And that Wes Matthews signing was a head scratcher. The Mavs missed out on a lot of the free agent signings, specially the DeAndre Jordan brouhaha.

Onga sir. Too bad they had to let Tyson Chandler go. And that Wes Matthews signing was a head scratcher. The Mavs missed out on a lot of the free agent signings, specially the DeAndre Jordan brouhaha.

They wanted to sign Tyson back but they wanted to prioritize Deandre Jordan. In texas hold em terms, they went all in on Jordan but the problem is, Jordan after agreeing verbally to Cuban screwed the mavs and went back on his promise to sign with them. By this time it was too late to sign Chandler because Tyson didn't want to hold and wait until the Mavs got back to him. He felt disrespected and unappreciated because they wanted to get Jordan over him plus he wanted to get a bigger contract money wise so he signed with Phoenix.

They wanted to sign Tyson back but they wanted to prioritize Deandre Jordan. In texas hold em terms, they went all in on Jordan but the problem is, Jordan after agreeing verbally to Cuban screwed the mavs and went back on his promise to sign with them. By this time it was too late to sign Chandler because Tyson didn't want to hold and wait until the Mavs got back to him. He felt disrespected and unappreciated because they wanted to get Jordan over him plus he wanted to get a bigger contract money wise so he signed with Phoenix.

I love Tyson. I can't blame him if he's angry with Cuban and the Mavs organization.

I can't blame Cuban for deciding to go for DeAndre Jordan, though. It was a sound decision had Jordan not reneged on his word. Oh well it's tough to run a franchise but syet happens and Dallas just had to move on.

I want them to tank to keep the draft pick that would go to Boston (as a result of the Rondo trade) if the pick will fall on 8th onwards.

Well, transitioning, for one. Offense wouldn't really flow as much as it did before for them. LMA's also a defensive liability.

Okay. I thought it was something big because you just dismissed the Spurs like that.

Transitioning is a given but it's not an insurmountable task. Remember that Kawhi Leonard was a rookie once, thus needed to acclimate himself too but he's now an MVP Finals awardee and a Defensive Player of the Year recipient.

I would like to believe that NBA vets such as Aldridge will have an easier time transitioning because of their experience and maturity. Also, let's not forget that there is another key addition to the silver-and-black, David West.

I respect your opinion but in my mind, the Spurs are serious contenders for the championship this year. :)

Edited by Eddy Syet

they had training camp and preseason so they should be fine. normally you get to work on your team chemistry during training camp so i don't think it will be an issue for them.

its a good thing they signed david west too. they can play Big or small now. and give more time for Duncan to have off days.

Okay. I thought it was something big because you just dismissed the Spurs like that.

Transitioning is a given but it's not an insurmountable task. Remember that Kawhi Leonard was a rookie once, thus needed to acclimate himself too but he's now an MVP Finals awardee and a Defensive Player of the Year recipient.

I would like to believe that NBA vets such as Aldridge will have an easier time transitioning because of their experience and maturity. Also, let's not forget that there is another key addition to the silver-and-black, David West.

I respect your opinion but in my mind, the Spurs are serious contenders for the championship this year. :)

Contenders yes but I don't see them going all the way this year :P I'm feeling they'd be there with the Thunder in the WCF. Only a Western Semis run for the defending champs along with the Clips then have the Grizz, Pels, Rockets, and Jazz as the remaining eight.

The East would have Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, Toronto, Washington, Atlanta, Indiana, and Milwaukee in that order. Hope the Magic and the Hornets surprise though

Contenders yes but I don't see them going all the way this year :P I'm feeling they'd be there with the Thunder in the WCF. Only a Western Semis run for the defending champs along with the Clips then have the Grizz, Pels, Rockets, and Jazz as the remaining eight.

The East would have Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, Toronto, Washington, Atlanta, Indiana, and Milwaukee in that order. Hope the Magic and the Hornets surprise though

So that means you think the Thunder is going to win the West this year.

So that means you think the Thunder is going to win the West this year.

yessir. They don't have any reason not to, really. Feel ko kasi KD and Russ would put it on themselves to carry OKC back to the Promised Land and that the Spurs are going to make it interesting. OKC in 7.