How Can I Quit Smoking?

Mga pare thanks lahat sa inyong advice it helps me a lot i think special thanks goes to Icemanjl33 for the articles.

I have stopped smoking for 2 days now hope i can make it. Kaso gimik night na naman mamaya andyan na naman ang temptations! i already got rid of my lighters so wish me luck guys!

B) Im a none-smoker, never will be! my dad's is a chain smoker starting when he was 12yrsold, he was teased into getting the first smoke by peer pressure. Now he's 80 and still smoking, been going to hospital every 3 months! Eventhough he knew & tell others that smoking is evil & should be avoided, he cant help quitting, once he stopped for 2 months, but unfortunately, that habit came back w/ a vengence.

Smoke addiction involve more than just mental will power, because cigarette have chemical that hooked the brain to addiction.

I respect smokers their rights to k*ll themselve, but would strongly tell them not to take me w/ them to their grave! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

don't buy cigarettes;

don't bring lighters/matches;

avoid smoking areas;

keep yourself busy...

easier said than done... pero kung magagawa mo saludo ako sa iyo! the cycle of smoking-quitting-smoking-quitting can happen several times.

don't wait 'til your health in on the line. i assume you can think of several more reason why to quit.

good luck!!!

Mga pare thanks lahat sa inyong advice it helps me a lot i think special thanks goes to Icemanjl33 for the articles.

I have stopped smoking for 2 days now hope i can make it. Kaso gimik night na naman mamaya andyan na naman ang temptations! i already got rid of my lighters so wish me luck guys!

hi there! so how's everything? were you able to withstand the temptation since you decided to quit smoking? i hope so...at any rate, i wish you good luck and always keep in mind that you can do it...God bless :)

Edited by chalou

i quit smoking 2 years ago. i was a chain smoker also. first thing i did when i wake up is light a cigarette. i smoked everywhere. in the car. on my work desk. while crossing the street. it was really bad.

try what i did. i quit cold turkey. i was smoking so bad and feeling sick already that i had no choice. its all in the mind. i know you can do it.

after two years i havent had a single puff. i feel better and i sure as hell smell and taste better :P

i quit smoking 2 years ago. i was a chain smoker also. first thing i did when i wake up is light a cigarette. i smoked everywhere. in the car. on my work desk. while crossing the street. it was really bad.

try what i did. i quit cold turkey. i was smoking so bad and feeling sick already that i had no choice. its all in the mind. i know you can do it.

after two years i havent had a single puff. i feel better and i sure as hell smell and taste better :P

yup, its really more effective to quit cold turkey than the slow gradual approach.

congrats lady_qush :flower:

after two years i havent had a single puff. i feel better and i sure as hell smell and taste better  :P

yup, its really more effective to quit cold turkey than the slow gradual approach.

congrats lady_qush :flower:

thanks man B)

There is no such thing as 2-3 week plan the only way is to quit cold turkey. first 2 weeks are the hardest...most of the time your mouth is just looking for something to keep it busy try candies keep yourself busy. You will feel the difference physically......promise...hang tough.

...."Semper Fidelis!"

I quit smoking nine years ago, after 20 years of the habit. To be successful, there are several things that you must have.

1. Three to five days without pressure, whether personal or professional. Otherwise, you'll just keep saying to yourself, "I'll quit tomorrow."

2. A reasonable degree of isolation. You'll never be able to quit if you're always with people, friends especially, who keep smoking. If you really want to quit, stop socializing for a while. Be a hermit for the meantime.

3. A lot of food. You'll have to keep your mouth occupied. Some people advise you to stay away from coffee, because cigarettes and coffee go so well together. But I still kept drinking coffee and managed it somehow. One of our friends suggested water. That's good too, especially when you sweat and release the toxins in your system.

4. Occupy yourself with lazy activities, like watching TV. Just relax and eat and try to get through those very difficult first three days.

5. Finally, keep reminding yourself why you're doing it. You'll need to have a pretty good reason to quit just to get you through the hard times.

I've found that the best time to quit is during Holy Week, especially if you stay home. There's no pressure from work, your friends are away, and there's hardly anything to do but perhaps read or watch movies on cable. And eat. Never try to quit during festive occasions. You won't be able to.

And like our friends already pointed out, it has to be cold turkey. All or nothing.

pag nalaman mo sigurong may findings ng lung cancer sa sistema mo, wanko ko na lang kung di ka pa mag quit

Not true. I've a friend whose uncle got lung cancer and cancer of the mouth (?) but didn't quit. He was puffing away on his deathbed.

Some people just don't know when to quit.

Here's all I can say amigo... Try visiting the Cancer ward of PGH and start interviewing those who have Lung Cancer...

It made me quit.. :)

eto yung pinaka unique na post. galing!!!

dko alam pero kahit latagan ako ng yosi sa harap ko...wala nang dating e...pero nagyo yosi ako dati ha.

• 2 months later...