asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18059 posts
  • Interests:pissing off sneaky sinful ones
    who change my profile info
    without my consent

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

a lot of casual dining to higher end dining establishments these days automatically impose a 10% service charge into the bill. If that happens, normally we don't give out additional tips. (save for a few times we might leave around 40 pesos as additional tip)

by da way, thanks to the SINFUL BANDIT, Sir REMOTEWORLD and Sir HOPIA MANI PAPKORN for joining me on that last minute spontaneous food trip last sunday.

Edited by asmodeus, 28 June 2011 - 09:37 AM.

#42 detective kyuu

detective kyuu

Wizard Inept

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:38 AM

hi foodies,

wud it be ok to pose a question, i'll be back in manila in about a month and i was browsing through do u have idea on any good places that would be right for a big group say 8-10 persons? No cuisine preferred in particular, it will be great to hear from the experts here. TIA!

#43 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18059 posts
    without my consent

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:31 AM

hi foodies,

wud it be ok to pose a question, i'll be back in manila in about a month and i was browsing through do u have idea on any good places that would be right for a big group say 8-10 persons? No cuisine preferred in particular, it will be great to hear from the experts here. TIA!

as far as the Quezon City area is concerned ....... I can recommend 3 restos.

ROMULO CAFE (Filipino inspired food ) they even have private rooms for big groups.

CIRCHIO (International Fusion)

SENTOSA (Singaporean Inspired food)

All three mentioned are within or close to the Tomas Morato area

#44 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5234 posts
  • Interests:1984 is NOW
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

hi foodies,

ROMULO CAFE (Filipino inspired food ) they even have private rooms for big groups.

Just to add to the list:

Pasig
Barcinos (Julio Vargas Ave.) Spanish Tapas Bar
Pok Suk Jung (Oranbo Drive) Korean food
Charlie's Grind and Grill (East Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo Village) Burgers and others

Makati
Kikufuji (Pasong Tamo) Japanese food
Tsumura (88 Corporate Center, Valero corner Sedeno Sts. Salcedo Village) Japanese food

Mandaluyong
Galileo Enoteca (Calbayog St.) Italian cuisine - they also have a branch in Makati somewhere
1521 (Shaw Blvd) Filipino cuisine

San Juan
Choi's Garden (Annapolis St) Chinese cuisine
Torch (Connecticut St) Fusion cuisine

#45 jons11

jons11

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

hmmmmmmmm and ultimately ????? what was your best choice so far.

There are still a multitude of burger places that I have yet to try. But for now (based on those that I have tasted) my vote will go to CHARLIE's Grind and Grill.
(to be particular, their Double Angus Burger)
[/quote]

I have to go with Charlie's. We ate many times at the Ronac art center. I loved this quest. I went as far as Baguio when I heard 50's Diner was good (which turns out to be a disappointment) while eavesdropping on a conversation (nasty habit but, forgivable given the cause). I asked a lot of people for their opinion, ranging from the experts here to the tambays who thought the burger at the corner tasted very nice (it did, ironically. I did NOT like the ketchup brand though.) Point is, I never would've found Charlie's Grind and Grill if not for you good people. Again, Thank you! For someone whose only vice is eating, it really meant a lot.

#46 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18059 posts
    without my consent

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

Just to add to the list:

Pasig
Charlie's Grind and Grill (East Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo Village) Burgers and others

How's the parking at BARCINO's ?????? And up to what time are they open ??

#47 jaby

jaby

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

My spouse will be flying in early morning middle of this week and woulg like to treat her to a hearty breakfast after I pick her up from the airport. Would like to get some suggestions. TIA

#48 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10551 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, travel, cooking, computer gaming,

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

If she will be arriving Manila, how about

- breakfast buffet in a hotel
- a native breakfast meal in Tagaytay City

My spouse will be flying in early morning middle of this week and woulg like to treat her to a hearty breakfast after I pick her up from the airport. Would like to get some suggestions. TIA

#49 jaby

jaby

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestions lomex32. I think tagaytay is a bit of a drive. I may opt for the buffet breakfast in one of the hotels in makati. Any suggestions? TIA

#50 tempest21

tempest21

Virgin

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5089 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

for those thai food lovers, try SOMS! if im not mistaken located sa kalayaan avenue on the way to rockwell, one of the best especially their TOM YUM soup :)

#51 tripmate

tripmate

still missing somthin.....

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4836 posts
  • Interests:anything!!! wala nga e... basta yung na yun..... !!!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

anyone tried ninyo fusion cuisine? i'm planning to treat my wife there once im back overseas this semptember.

any comments will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Edited by tripmate, 15 August 2011 - 01:48 AM.

#52 bitterxsweet

bitterxsweet

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

Ninyo's is actually pretty good. They do a fried oyster with wasabi that I get everytime. There's also the duck confit..

I suggest you call for the menu options and ask to be seated upstairs for privacy. Unless of course you want to sit outside - which I guess to some is more romantic.
  • tripmate likes this

#53 tripmate

tripmate

still missing somthin.....

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4836 posts
  • Interests:anything!!! wala nga e... basta yung na yun..... !!!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

bitterxsweet : thanks for the reply, yeah i guess i'll try checking whether we can get seat a upstairs, I've heard its nice there. anyways thanks again, cheers!

#54 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18059 posts
    without my consent

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

Ninyo's is actually pretty good. They do a fried oyster with wasabi that I get everytime. There's also the duck confit..

I suggest you call for the menu options and ask to be seated upstairs for privacy. Unless of course you want to sit outside - which I guess to some is more romantic.

this place sounds interesting as I'm always on the lookout for new places to dine. (especially within the QC area)

could I request for a more detailed directions ????

#55 detective kyuu

detective kyuu

Wizard Inept

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1333 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

Just to add to the list:

Pasig

Makati
Kikufuji (Pasong Tamo) Japanese food
Tsumura (88 Corporate Center, Valero corner Sedeno Sts. Salcedo Village) Japanese food

Mandaluyong
Galileo Enoteca (Calbayog St.) Italian cuisine - they also have a branch in Makati somewhere
1521 (Shaw Blvd) Filipino cuisine

San Juan
Choi's Garden (Annapolis St) Chinese cuisine
Torch (Connecticut St) Fusion cuisine

many thanks maesters...

i did try romulo cafe and circhio....nice and quaint places..

i also went to some other places...

cafe juanita...food is ok filipino food and the place was interesting...though a bit messy somewhat the initial stages of a hoarder's house but i guess to each is his own...saw tonton gutierrez as well that night...
kapitolyo area, Pasig

poco deli...small pizza pasta and wine house with delicious sausages...ordered italian sausage pasta (ok), prosciutto pizza (hard to the bite) and the sausage platter new york style which was delish...its a nice small place with a selection of cheap wines enough to end the day or chatting with frends without breaking the piggy bank...
kapitolyo area, Pasig

octoboy....provides takoyaki and okonomiyaki delights (japanese pizza version) its a gud after drinking session place to have a bite, ordered takoyaki octopus and shrimp okonomiyaki...good marks for me though but i have to concede the best takoyaki for me was in sg nothing i have tasted has surpassed that...

also tried thai at silk...good thai food but definitely overpriced...appreciated the tom yum soup but wud have wanted more kick and the paratta..
serendra, taguig

btw i thought soms is now in pasig and the makati one closed same for enoteca?

#56 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18059 posts
    without my consent

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

I was at BURGOO (Tomas Morato Branch) last night for a quick dinner before we headed to NICHE Bar for a few drinks ..... I looked over to IL TERRAZO Building and saw a tarpaulin signage that say BON CHON CHICKEN will soon open a branch there.

Hmmmmmmmm this should be something to look forward to. (as I never had the chance to try their double-fried chicken yet)

speaking of Double Fried Chicken ........... CHICKEN CHARLIE moved one of its branches from Amoranto (formerly Retiro) to Banawe St. (somewhat nearer Causeway)

#57 makantosapooh

makantosapooh

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

mga foodies experts, trip ko kumain sa eat all-you-can na seafood resto, san ba ung masarap at kung magkano ang damage. maraming salamat!

#58 jons11

jons11

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

Any Mexican restos out there apart from Taco Bell and Mexicali? Both places don't feel authentic enough and tasted like it was remodeled so as not to alienate the Filipino diners.

#59 dongt

dongt

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Theres one mexican resto in tomas morato named agave. It is situated in between italianis and kalye juan. They have a promo during weekends where kids eat for free. A kiddie meal is free For every main entree worth not less than 300.

#60 azraelmd

azraelmd

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1256 posts
  • Interests:milfs!!!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

asmodeus you might want to try saku saku near davids tea house for me its better than bon chon and much cheaper...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users