#21 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:movies, food

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

help anyone,

where could you suggest a good place with good food and affordable budget.

for first dates.

good is very subjective, and really depends on personal likes and dislikes.
i believe you should also be very specific about the amount, excluding other expenses like car fuel, tips, etc.

#22 tequilasunrise

tequilasunrise

Following My Bliss

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Blogging, Traveling, Scrapbooking, Music, TV, Internet

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

if i could just comment, i just wish that the reviews that are posted are up to date. posting reviews that are say, a year old, may not be up to scratch at the present time.

let me apologize for that - i just share food trip experiences copied from my food blog (which is why i stopped posting the prize of the foods).... guess will just have to wait til mag-jive ang time ng posting at food trip before i could share a FR. :)

#23 razrramon

razrramon

Truth fan to the bone...

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:books, outdoors, snorkelling, gadgets and computers

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:07 AM

haven't logged-in for quite a while but anyways, i have relied heavily on the food trip thread lately for my dates with my gf. i am a foodie myself and my gf has particular taste in food "if it doesn't taste like mom's cooking, it aint good", so the thread helps me choose which resto to go to and which restos to try when i travel. so, want to say thank you very much for the people who contribute in that thread and if there are any food trip eb announcements and if my schedule will permit, sign me up.

Edited by razrramon, 19 June 2011 - 06:10 AM.

#24 ConsistentlyInconsistent

ConsistentlyInconsistent

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Just finished browsing thru the food trips, can I just say that I'm sooo jealous! How do I become part of the Food trips? :)

#25 vanillaLatte

vanillaLatte

Travel nut

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Interests:Food, fitness, travel

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:25 AM

Hello foodies, looks like I've found my lounge. ;) Haven't gotten to writing food reviews for fun because I do that for work, so it kinda feels like work. :P But I enjoy reading those posted here in MTC.

#26 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5234 posts
  • Interests:1984 is NOW
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

haven't logged-in for quite a while but anyways, i have relied heavily on the food trip thread lately for my dates with my gf. i am a foodie myself and my gf has particular taste in food "if it doesn't taste like mom's cooking, it aint good", so the thread helps me choose which resto to go to and which restos to try when i travel. so, want to say thank you very much for the people who contribute in that thread and if there are any food trip eb announcements and if my schedule will permit, sign me up.

That is what this thread is for to announce food trips.

Just finished browsing thru the food trips, can I just say that I'm sooo jealous! How do I become part of the Food trips? :)

Anyone that wants to schedule a food trip can just keep an eye out on this thread or even initiate the invites, there are a lot of foodies here in MTC.

Hello foodies, looks like I've found my lounge. ;) Haven't gotten to writing food reviews for fun because I do that for work, so it kinda feels like work. :P But I enjoy reading those posted here in MTC.

LOL, isn't it even more fun to collate the opinions of several people when writing food reviews?

Maester Asmodeus, looks like there are other foodies who want to join ... so what's next? Chinatown foodtrip or Barcino (Spanish Tapas) foodtrip or the Tsumura (Japanese) foodtrip?

#27 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 17948 posts
  • Interests:pissing off sneaky sinful ones
    who change my profile info
    without my consent

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

its somewhat the opposite for me ...... just so that I can deviate myself away from the daily grinds of work, a foodtrip and sometimes writing about it becomes one part of my relaxation.

Maester Asmodeus, looks like there are other foodies who want to join ... so what's next? Chinatown foodtrip or Barcino (Spanish Tapas) foodtrip or the Tsumura (Japanese) foodtrip?

It's really hard to say which resto to choose next ..... let alone schedule one since we sometimes have different time schedules as well as difference in locations. For now, I'd say we stick with the spontaneous thingy and perhaps after more and more foodtrips, we could set a more regular timetable.

#28 jons11

jons11

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

My deepest gratitude to the members here who helped me with my Ultimate burger quest. I hope to read more from you guys. Cheers!

#29 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 17948 posts
    without my consent

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

let me apologize for that - i just share food trip experiences copied from my food blog (which is why i stopped posting the prize of the foods).... guess will just have to wait til mag-jive ang time ng posting at food trip before i could share a FR. :)

I actually don't mind the one year backlog :lol:

either way, your posts are always appreciated and I enjoy reading them........ I even learned a few things from you and DARKEINJEL as far as taking pictures of food is concerned. (speaking of which, I kinda missed the FRs of DE)

My deepest gratitude to the members here who helped me with my Ultimate burger quest. I hope to read more from you guys. Cheers!

hmmmmmmmm and ultimately ????? what was your best choice so far.

There are still a multitude of burger places that I have yet to try. But for now (based on those that I have tasted) my vote will go to CHARLIE's Grind and Grill.
(to be particular, their Double Angus Burger)

Edited by asmodeus, 21 June 2011 - 08:08 AM.

#30 vanillaLatte

vanillaLatte

Travel nut

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Interests:Food, fitness, travel

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

its somewhat the opposite for me ...... just so that I can deviate myself away from the daily grinds of work, a foodtrip and sometimes writing about it becomes one part of my relaxation.

Dining out is relaxation, writing about it is work. :P Hope to join one of the group's food trips.

That is what this thread is for to announce food trips.

Anyone that wants to schedule a food trip can just keep an eye out on this thread or even initiate the invites, there are a lot of foodies here in MTC.

LOL, isn't it even more fun to collate the opinions of several people when writing food reviews?

I haven't "covered" the Chinatown area yet, but it seems promising. So is Barcino. Been to new tapas bar in Greenbelt, though--Cerveseria. :) Will post FR in proper thread.

#31 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5234 posts
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

Dining out is relaxation, writing about it is work. :P Hope to join one of the group's food trips.

I haven't "covered" the Chinatown area yet, but it seems promising. So is Barcino. Been to new tapas bar in Greenbelt, though--Cerveseria. :) Will post FR in proper thread.

We welcome everyone to join the food trips, your post about Cerveseria sounds interesting too.

#32 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

i heard on the radio these rains will continue on for several days. this means binondo estero will be out of the list.

#33 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 17948 posts
    without my consent

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

Ever since I enjoyed my tapas at Taberna Barcelona in SM Megamall (and probably from watching too many "tapas" episodes of Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern) I suddenly had this craving to find some of the better tapas bars available in the metropolis. (though my last taste of tapas at Casa Francesca i Timog Ave was the pits)

anyway the suggestions of the Sinful Bandit of BARCINO and Vanillalatte of CERVESERIA does seem interesting. I hope to able to try out both restos soon.

#34 boibastos

boibastos

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

Ever since I enjoyed my tapas at Taberna Barcelona in SM Megamall (and probably from watching too many "tapas" episodes of Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern) I suddenly had this craving to find some of the better tapas bars available in the metropolis. (though my last taste of tapas at Casa Francesca i Timog Ave was the pits)

anyway the suggestions of the Sinful Bandit of BARCINO and Vanillalatte of CERVESERIA does seem interesting. I hope to able to try out both restos soon.

May I suggest Barcino's in the Fort or Golf Plaza in J. Vargas? It's where I go if I have a need for tapas and cava ever since Rastro's in Powerplant closed. Bring friends unless you can handle a bottle of cava yourself. ^_^

#35 tequilasunrise

tequilasunrise

Following My Bliss

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Blogging, Traveling, Scrapbooking, Music, TV, Internet

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

VL! Hope we could do a food trip, too! :)

I actually don't mind the one year backlog :lol:

either way, your posts are always appreciated and I enjoy reading them........ I even learned a few things from you and DARKEINJEL as far as taking pictures of food is concerned. (speaking of which, I kinda missed the FRs of DE)

Thanks, Asmo!

Ay, you recall the thing about "Carol's Texan 5" in Little Baguio? Natuloy yung event, and I did find their wings delicious. The ribs, although masarap... it tasted similar to other ribs, pero sabi ni sis mas masarap daw ito kesa sa Racks. Anyway, dami na ring food places sa Little Baguio, pero most are branches na rin of different establishments.

DE writes her FRs on her blog, I think very rare na siya maglog-in dito sa MTC.

#36 rhina21

rhina21

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:travel. sleep. chocolate.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

has anyone here been to dusit's buffet? how was it? takot kasi ako baka di ko na naman magustuhan parang sa diamond. team building event, can't say no kasi. hehehe, team bonding more like it.

#37 Mango Man

Mango Man

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Interests:Travel. Books. Music. Sports. Coffee & tea

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

hi rhina,

i heard dusit's crossover buffet is good. Their japanese resto, Umu, has a good reputation.

hope to join one of the food trips in the future!

#38 rhina21

rhina21

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:travel. sleep. chocolate.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

@mango...cool! sa wakas me sushi bar! will prolly frequent that station the most. thanks for the feedback ;)

Edited by rhina21, 26 June 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#39 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

how much do you tip? it's abnormal in mcdo or any other fastfood to tip, but how much do you tip the waiting staff in a resto whose receipt shows no 'service charge'?

i'll start:
class C = 5 bucks or more
class B = 30 bucks or more
class A = 50 bucks or more

#40 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5234 posts
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

how much do you tip? it's abnormal in mcdo or any other fastfood to tip, but how much do you tip the waiting staff in a resto whose receipt shows no 'service charge'?

i'll start:
class C = 5 bucks or more
class B = 30 bucks or more
class A = 50 bucks or more

20 pesos or 10% of the receipt, whichever is greater is my standard for tipping. Of course this is modified by the quality of service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users