1444 replies to this topic

#1 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5234 posts
  • Interests:1984 is NOW
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

Okay folks, since I'm tired of cleaning out an FR only thread, specially since people seem to insist on posting comments, here it is. Post your comments about the Food Trip FRs here.

#2 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
  • Interests:pissing off sneaky sinful ones
    who change my profile info
    without my consent

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

Let me start by saying Thank You to those who have contributed to the Food Trip FR thread ....... and for keeping the rest of the readers informed should I not be able to post my FRs at the soonest possible time.

#3 kanski

kanski

All-seeing Eye

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2598 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

i've always wanted to commend the people who regularly contribute to the food fr thread but couldn't because of a lack of a forum to do so. with this new thread, i can now do so.

special mention goes to asmo if just for the shear volume of restos he has featured. i don't know how he does it, must be the deep pockets among other things.

cheers!

if i could just comment, i just wish that the reviews that are posted are up to date. posting reviews that are say, a year old, may not be up to scratch at the present time.

#4 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

i've always wanted to commend the people who regularly contribute to the food fr thread but couldn't because of a lack of a forum to do so. with this new thread, i can now do so.

special mention goes to asmo if just for the shear volume of restos he has featured. i don't know how he does it, must be the deep pockets among other things.

cheers!

if i could just comment, i just wish that the reviews that are posted are up to date. posting reviews that are say, a year old, may not be up to scratch at the present time.

speaking for myself .... depending on my mood, my FRs usually come out a day or two to a week after the actual food trip. But some may stretch to as long as 4 to 5 weeks before I post.

anyway, thank you for visiting the food trip fr thread ...... perhaps someday, we too can read a nice FR coming from you.

#5 azraelmd

azraelmd

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1256 posts
  • Interests:milfs!!!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

i would also like to thank asmo for his wonderful and helpful FRS thanks asmo!!!

#6 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

I'm curious ...... in the cases that somebody posts a negative FR about a certain resto. Would that discourage you from visiting the place????

#7 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:movies, food

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

I'm curious ...... in the cases that somebody posts a negative FR about a certain resto. Would that discourage you from visiting the place????

yeah, each one of us has a different taste, especially when it comes to food. i, for one, will not eat the pasta con sardinas in your avatar! hehehe

#8 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:13 PM

yeah, each one of us has a different taste, especially when it comes to food. i, for one, will not eat the pasta con sardinas in your avatar! hehehe

if I may ask .... why wouldn't you ???? (the pasta dish by da way, is available at Felicity Resto Cafe)

#9 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

if I may ask .... why wouldn't you ???? (the pasta dish by da way, is available at Felicity Resto Cafe)

that resto is a favorite place to go to, especially with their oyster omelette and fried chicken

i'm a spaghetti lover, a pasta addict since my toddler years. although i've tried eating spaghetti with non-meat toppings, my tongue just can't get use to eating pasta with sardines and anchovies. they're included in my folder of 'personal dislikes'. wala lang. hehehe. but i'll eat those garlic bread and basil leaves. hahaha

Edited by remoteworld, 15 June 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#10 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

that resto is a favorite place to go to, especially with their oyster omelette and fried chicken

i'm a spaghetti lover, a pasta addict since my toddler years. although i've tried eating spaghetti with non-meat toppings, my tongue just can't get use to eating pasta with sardines and anchovies. they're included in my folder of 'personal dislikes'

are we talking about the same FELICITY ???? is it the one near Commonwealth ave??? I've been there three times and I don't remember seeing an oyster omelette dish on their menu.

Edited by asmodeus, 15 June 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#11 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

are we talking about the same FELICITY ???? is it the one near Commonwealth ave??? I've been there three times and I don't remember seeing an oyster omelette dish on their menu.

my mistake, i was rushing out when i replied. i mistook it for sincerity (binondo). last time i was in felicity with a friend, i remembered the place covered in very light pink colors, care-free signs, and other stuffs that target the feminine subconscious, very homey indeed. their steamed dory didn't disappoint. one look at their menu makes one think they specialize in new dishes through unusual combinations.

#12 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

my mistake, i was rushing out when i replied. i mistook it for sincerity (binondo). last time i was in felicity with a friend, i remembered the place covered in very light pink colors, care-free signs, and other stuffs that target the feminine subconscious, very homey indeed. their steamed dory didn't disappoint. one look at their menu makes one think they specialize in new dishes through unusual combinations.

which one did you try ??? the more plain one with the ginger or the one with the tomato pesto confit ????

I've brought along several foodtrip companions over and most of them gave the thumbs-up for the latter.

#13 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

which one did you try ??? the more plain one with the ginger or the one with the tomato pesto confit ????

I've brought along several foodtrip companions over and most of them gave the thumbs-up for the latter.

i remember my dory was literally 'swimming' in sauce (mixed spices but dominated by ginger of course). yes, the ginger somewhat overpowered the 'timid' natural taste of dory but nevertheless i found the munching enjoyable. next time i'll try that dory with pesto if i pass by the place again. meanwhile, it's all grilled and steamed foods for me while losing weight

btw, cowboy grill's veggy pizza is commendable. the tomatoes, onions and green pepper on cheese are all crunchy, just like the bread. the pizza bread's not oily: i never asked but i think it's pugon heated after spreading on the toppings.

#14 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

When I first suggested the opening of this particular thread, I had wanted it like some kind of a FOODIE LOUNGE wherein we can all talk about anything. (so long as the talk is about Food and Restos)......... the said thread will allow some of the following:

• Comments for the Food Trip FR
  • Making suggestions as to where is a good place for Foodtrip.
  • Organizing Food Trip EBs
  • Etc Etc

Anyway, lets hope the mods will give us that leeway. (or we can suggest the changing of the thread title to something else to accomodate the said topics)

#15 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

When I first suggested the opening of this particular thread, I had wanted it like some kind of a FOODIE LOUNGE wherein we can all talk about anything. (so long as the talk is about Food and Restos)......... the said thread will allow some of the following:

• Comments for the Food Trip FR
  • Making suggestions as to where is a good place for Foodtrip.
  • Organizing Food Trip EBs
  • Etc Etc

Anyway, lets hope the mods will give us that leeway. (or we can suggest the changing of the thread title to something else to accomodate the said topics)

that's a brilliant concept, sir asmo. it's like we're a group of persons talking about the foods on the table during our meal, but each one ordering from his own different menu

#16 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

that's a brilliant concept, sir asmo. it's like we're a group of persons talking about the foods on the table during our meal, but each one ordering from his own different menu

yeah something like that ...... I initially thought about opening one in the Groups and Chapters thread, but I thought it would be better if this particular thread be placed close to the other related food and restos thread.

Speaking of Food Trip EBs .... I'm now open to suggestions as to how we can push thru with the BINONDO FOOD TRIP. (so far, interested members like Tequilasunrise, DFGVAN, Sinful BANDIT and myself are seriously considering doing one.)

#17 boydapa11

boydapa11

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

help anyone,

where could you suggest a good place with good food and affordable budget.

for first dates.

#18 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

help anyone,

for first dates.

CIRCHIO near Tomas Morato would be my suggestion ....... I recently went there for the 3rd time and my date totally enjoyed their version of the sisig as well as the Spinach Soup.

I believe you can also dine at their second floor, which has a more lounge type setting. (the first floor is more suited for family gatherings)

Depending on how much food you order, damage could go as much as 800 per head.

-----------------------------

You can try these links (from the Food Trip FR) for short reviews of CIRCHIO

Circhio 001

Circhio 002

Just in case the Links don't work (they sometimes bring you to different pages) just go to Page 12 Post # 237 and Page 16 Post # 311 respectively.

Edited by asmodeus, 16 June 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#19 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

help anyone,

for first dates.

wow, considering you're in marikina, let your wallet decide. it won't hurt doing some research in the internet (like this site), then scouting the place yourself. if you're planning to eat with special someone, check if the place's ambience will be suitable for both of you.

Edited by remoteworld, 17 June 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#20 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18062 posts
    without my consent

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

wow, considering you're in marikina, let your wallet decide. it won't hurt doing some research in the internet (like this site), then scouting the place yourself. if you're planning to eat with special someone, check if the place's ambience will be suitable for both of you.

seems like the marikinia area has a lot of hidden gems (as far as good eateries is concerned)

unfortunately, I'm not all too familiar with the ins and outs of marikina ...... perhaps a joint food trip in the area is also possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users