570 replies to this topic

#1 Mugato

Mugato

medyo menyak na mahilig sa anime

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 12:41 PM

Post nyo naman pares experience nyo....what so good about it....

#2 kanski

kanski

All-seeing Eye

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2598 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:12 AM

I used to live in Manila and a quick fix when I would get hungry was to go to Jona's. They serve a great rendition of Pares! And if you were to believe their story, Pares as a meal was their invention.

Unfortunately, I never get to go to that area any longer. And thus haven't tasted their sumptuous Pares in years. But writing about this makes me think of going back to the Mayon area if just to only eat at Jona's once more.

#3 Smooth T

Smooth T

The brain on..... sex

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:05 PM

Agreed, Jonas is a good place for pares. A few years ago, I had it once and never went back. Not because it wasn't good but because they had AC and a nicer place than most usual Pares joints they charged quite a bit more even if they served exactly the same food and exactly the same serving size. Now fast forward to the present, because of inflation, the regular pares joints have increased prices to around 50 bucks. At Jonas, their prices are now only slightly more expensinve, but they give you a large bowl of rice and almost 2 orders worth of beef compared to regular pares joints. And they still have AC and much nicer facilities. So now, I try to get to Jonas as often as I can.

FYI and slightly OT... Robinson's Pioneer has a branch of Jonas. That just makes so much more accessible. Robinson's Pioneer is sadly quite empty most of the time. The upside of this is that shopping might not be fun, but if you know exactly what you're looking for, you can get in, park for free, and get out in no time!
OT na to ~ their cinemas are also cheaper than usual malls and yet newer and less run down than popular malls.

D' Original Pares of España and Retiro are still alive and kicking! And they're still pretty damn good!

#4 shubby2006

shubby2006

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

I agree with you guys Laking Jonas ako i live near this area i remember when i was a kid maliit lang ang shop nila parang yung mga small time pares lang pero ang lasa ay panalo. they already have AC and hindi lang pares ang food nila they have a variety of food may italian sausage and hungarian nga kapag breakfast, mahal na ang pares @ 88 pero the serving is different from the other shops medyo madami.

The only thing that i noticed was there was a difference in the taste from the old jonas (25 yrs or more ago) umalis na daw kasi yung taga timpla.

May branch din cla sa Divisoria mall dati i dont know if it is still open.

Di din cya 24 hrs na bukas tulad ng iba.

try nyo din ang Pares sa may retiro classmate ko may ari nun and yun sa espana pero iba pa din talaga sa Jonas!!!!!!!!

#5 Mugato

Mugato

medyo menyak na mahilig sa anime

• (05) Regular
  • 766 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:32 PM

Masarap na pares nasa makati.Sa me MCS sarap ng sabaw grabe...

#6 shubby2006

shubby2006

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:12 AM

san dun sa labas ng MCS?

#7 jayeina

jayeina

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • 1067 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

i also like Jonas

#8 james4ever_007x

james4ever_007x

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:15 PM

saan ba yung jonas mga b :boo: ro..para tuloy ako nagutom ehhh hehehehehe

#9 pogingpogi

pogingpogi

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1075 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

sa original pares sa retiro try niyo lage dami kain 24 hours pa sila open.....sobra sarap pares dun...

#10 pepe_man

pepe_man

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:19 PM

Jona', basta pares.

for those in QC (Visayas Ave., Proj 6, Tandang Sora area) - you should also try Cocoy's - sarap din ng pares dyan.

#11 Smooth T

Smooth T

The brain on..... sex

• (05) Regular
  • 1619 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:55 AM

Jona', basta pares.

for those in QC (Visayas Ave., Proj 6, Tandang Sora area) - you should also try Cocoy's - sarap din ng pares dyan.

Naku Cocoy's!!! Miss ko na to! The recipe for Cocoy's and D'Original are so alike, I think its the same. At least that's what the owners claim. Dati may maliit na cocoy's sa Santol Street in Santa Mesa. Damn, I used to be able to just walk to this joint. Sigh.... -_-

#12 hilars888

hilars888

que sera sera......

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:24 AM

JONAS ang pinaka ok, lalot na yun hot sauce nya.....sabayan mo pa ng TROMBO!

#13 TNT Hsia

TNT Hsia

I Own the Fight Club!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4613 posts
  • Interests:The good life

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:09 AM

Nakakagutom naman basahin ang thread na 'to. Will somebody please make a directory so that next time I go out late, I know where to have brekkie.

#14 chapsuey01002

chapsuey01002

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:25 AM

sa may pilcoa may pares. the best..

#15 ^BaRoK^

^BaRoK^

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:33 PM

dati kumakain din ako sa jonas... nung una masarap at very affordable pa... tapos ung nagrenovate sila couples of years ago... medyo tumaas na price nila and naiba na din ung lasa ng pares nila, para bang may kulang... di na ako bumalik... but in fairness, mas malinis ang lugar nila kesa sa ibang mga pares house na halos katabi mo na ang kalye.

as for me, the best pares house is the D'Original Pares along Retiro... un lang nga katabi mo na ang kalye, tapos minsan habang kumakain ka, meron mga streetchildren na lalapit sayo at hihingiin ung kinakain mo... medyo madungis pa. masarap din ung bulalo soup dun... hehehehe

#16 SanMigLight

SanMigLight

Slowly...Serenity Consumes Me.....

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts
  • Interests:ANYTHING THAT MAKES MY BRAIN WORK, JUST KEEP MY **** BUSY AND IM ALL YOURS BABY

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

ive tried D'Original Pares along Retiro. walking distance lang kasi kami dati from there.
pinuntahan ko uli minsan, ayos pa din!! :thumbsupsmiley:

san ba yun Jona's? :rolleyes:

#17 shubby2006

shubby2006

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:33 PM

malapit cya sa retiro mayon lagpas lang ng Jolibee sa left side cya you wont miss it kasi may big sign cya sa labas

#18 kanski

kanski

All-seeing Eye

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2598 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:35 AM

FYI and slightly OT... Robinson's Pioneer has a branch of Jonas. That just makes so much more accessible. Robinson's Pioneer is sadly quite empty most of the time. The upside of this is that shopping might not be fun, but if you know exactly what you're looking for, you can get in, park for free, and get out in no time!
OT na to ~ their cinemas are also cheaper than usual malls and yet newer and less run down than popular malls.

D' Original Pares of España and Retiro are still alive and kicking! And they're still pretty damn good!

I used to pass by this mall- Robinson's Pioneer without even giving it a glance. Came a time last week when I stopped if only to look for the Jona's branch here to have lunch. And I was in heaven again.. lovely Jona's Pares for lunch!

Thanks for the tip bro.

#19 chinggero

chinggero

i solemnly swear i'm always up to no good

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:09 AM

i agree... yung dun pa rin sa retiro ang the best for me so far... have yet to find a place better than that... although the place is crowded with a lot of drivers and locals of that place... its worth the wait and a lil inconvenience... they have a 2nd floor air conditioned room... but they charge 10% service fee na coz of the A/C.... ok lng affordable pa rin... :D

#20 dbulb

dbulb

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:51 AM

may jonas b sa qc? kung meron... san sya locatd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users