Photo

Timog And Tomas Morato Area

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#41 v_rhyan

v_rhyan

Sorry not for STRIP! We do it SIDEWAYS!!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2262 posts
  • Interests:playing airsoft, biking, basketball, swimming...

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:22 AM

sarap din kumain along timog ave. sa COLASA's... sarap ng mainit na sabaw at chicken barbecue. :D

#42 baccaratboy

baccaratboy

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • Interests:Movies

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

Try Teriyaki Boy!

#43 jmi

jmi

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:07 AM

is Bennigans's still around?

#44 dark_horse

dark_horse

God of Lust

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8976 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:09 AM

grill asia

#45 moon goddess

moon goddess

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

italianis is nice too, napoli is cheaper though...

another one is libreria, maganda ang ambiance...its like having cofee or a meal in your own library... free wifi as well

coffee shop, i would recommend Baang coffee its infront of chilis along tomas morato... the drinks are cheaper compared to other coffee shops and if you have a laptop, free po ang wifi access

Where can we find Libreria?

#46 moon goddess

moon goddess

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

What would be a romantic date place for people who are trying to make things work a second time around? (in short...jaded and disilusioned... :* )

#47 moon goddess

moon goddess

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

What would be a romantic date place for people who are trying to make things work a second time around? (in short...jaded and disilusioned... :* )

or Where for that matter...

#48 pussycatdoll

pussycatdoll

daydream believer :)

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1916 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:47 PM

is Bennigans's still around?

matagal na pong wala ang bennigan's. :)

#49 Fleeting

Fleeting

やっぱり!

• (12) Mega Poster
  • 8120 posts
  • Interests:Anything under the sun

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

Where can we find Libreria?

Its just across the now-defunct/ closed Whistlestop.. B)

#50 ANDRASTE

ANDRASTE

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:15 AM

zeuck (spell check)

saya din, katapat zirco. mura drinks!

a must try. :lol:

#51 travelling boy

travelling boy

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

kopirotti.... try nyo yung Coffee Bun nila, sobra sarap.. d best sa coffee.. at d best n Bun dat i ever tasted... located beside fusion... 35php lng...

pareng Josh! I just tried Kopirotti's Kopi Bun... The best pare! thanks for the tip! :cool:

#52 Manthao

Manthao

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:26 PM

Heaven and Eggs!!!!

Philos san po specific location nung snsbi mong resto?

#53 creamsnblues

creamsnblues

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:20 PM

suggestion naman pls

resto na affordable na may card. kasi will be having a birthday party with officemate eh mga nasa around 20 so i really refer un mura lang. colassas sana but wala silang card eh. un mga price range e nasa 100-150 per head. konting salo salo lang naman

please help thanks!

#54 2+2

2+2

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:28 PM

Have you tried the Behrouz in Metrowalk? Nagkaron din 'to ng branch sa Wilson St., Grenhills before.

Anyway, the original one is in Sct. Tobias, perpendicular to Timog. (Coming from the scouts' memorial rotonda, heading for Quezon Ave., this is the street to your left right before KTV21.) After turning left, it's to your right, mga 50m lang ang layo. Ni wala ata 'tong signage.

If you want authentic Persian cuisine that's easy on the pocket, this is the place to go. Iranians talaga ang may ari. If you're lucky (or unlucky?) enough, you'll find them manning the counter. Wala nga lang ambiance 'to, parang a tad or two higher than your typical carinderia.

Order their beef kabab and roll it into your pita bread, garnished with their grilled onion and tomato, spiced with their garlic and chili sauce - YUM! For the more adventurous (and those who don't give a hoot about their cholesterol levels), order the ox brain - heaven! Chug it down with sweetened yoghurt shake for that authentic arab taste and I'm sure you'll plan your next visit the minute you step out of the place.

By the way, this joint has been around since the early 90's! So you can just imagine their staying power because of the tasty food they serve.

#55 Manthao

Manthao

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

San po specific ung Napoli Pizzeria?
Balak ko try minsan dun e....

#56 Fleeting

Fleeting

やっぱり!

• (12) Mega Poster
  • 8120 posts
  • Interests:Anything under the sun

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:34 AM

San po specific ung Napoli Pizzeria?
Balak ko try minsan dun e....

Its just right beside the former Ozone Disco (if you still know the place) :upside:
Its on the ground floor of Imperial Hotel on the Timog - T. Morato circle.
You'll never miss it since it always has many parked cars.
Bon apetit! ;)

#57 Smooth T

Smooth T

The brain on..... sex

• (05) Regular
  • 1619 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:27 PM

Good day Fellow MTC'ers

Pagpasyensyahan ninyo po sana ako, very opinionated foodie na mahilig sa mura po kasi....

BTC - A place that I have yet to visit. :( I've heard nothing but good things about it. I can't wait to finally find it and try it! :mtc:

Napolis - I agree with philos. Excellent Italian fare with good sized servings. Even for a guy who eats like a horse like me, the servings are more than adequate. Best experience would be to share with either family and friends. Napoli's can get pretty crowded during the weekend dinner crush.

Gyozatei - :( I've only been to this resto once. I know its been in existence for quite some time. Unlike Juanito boy, I didn't get a very enjoyable experience. Service was slow and the food, while edible was nothing to write home about. For such mediocre food, I wasn't expecting the prices that they were charging me. Suffice to say, I have never been back there. With regards to their specialty, their gyozas, they come in many different varieties with different ingredients, mostly supposedly imported. I, however felt that the gyozas were overpriced for simple meat dumplings. Again, I felt that they were quite ordinary.

Katre - Nice resto, good food, SMALL servings... siguro pang date na lang sa akin to. :P

Brothers burger - Agree with darkeinjel, they have good burgers but I've always felt that it was a little steep. Now, whenever I have to have a burger fix, I up the ante just a little bit more and get a TGIF famous burger. Whole of a lot more bang for your buck. It's positively huge and comes with all the fix-ins that you have to pay extra for in Brothers. Cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, a plate of fries...... not to mention that the patty itself is almost three quarters of inch thick when cooked.... ummmmmmmmm.

Franz burger - never tried it, haven't found it. After reading your posts mga kapatid, I'm raring to try.

Flavors of China - Admittedly this place ain't bad. Though IMHO the cooking in the Greenhills promenade branch is better.

Red Kimono - See it all the time. It's always full, that's why I haven't had the chance to sample their fare. They must be doing something right, and its got Juan Diego's blessing.

Super Bowl of China - I'm a Super Bowl fan myself Mona^kiki, but I found the recently opened Tomas Morato branch to be one of the most disappointing of the branches. IMHO, the best ones would be the one along Pasay Road and the one Marquinton Marikina. I'm talking about the size of the servings as well as the overall taste of the dishes.

Cafe Breton - Admittedly, this branch is a far cry from the ambiance of the other branches like in Podium or in Greenbelt, but they do have excellent crepes and ice cream creations. Price wise, its also on the reasonable side. I like their Ice cream creations so much that I constantly trumpet theirs over the stuff you canget in the Nestle creamery or the Magnolia across the street from it. Imagine, for the same price, you get a banana split, OVERFLOWING with all the extras, good service, nice atmosphere! Contrast this with Nestle creamery, which looks like a glorified fast food joint, with food items waaaay overpriced and finally your banana split is a mere shadow of what it looks like on the picture in the menu. Ask for any extra syrup, peanuts, and they have the gall to charge you extra. It's a rip-off I tell you! Do the math.... :P

Behrouz - Damn, 2+2 I've been visiting this place for ages. The ultimate in cheap guilty pleasures. They have branches in Wilson and Makati but the prices are also for Wilson and Makati areas. Dito pa rin ang puso ko!

#58 2+2

2+2

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

Behrouz - Damn, 2+2 I've been visiting this place for ages. The ultimate in cheap guilty pleasures. They have branches in Wilson and Makati but the prices are also for Wilson and Makati areas. Dito pa rin ang puso ko!

Amen to that, Smooth T! I'm sure you've also tried their humus with pita bread - Saraaaap! :thumbsupsmiley:

#59 Smooth T

Smooth T

The brain on..... sex

• (05) Regular
  • 1619 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:32 AM

Amen to that, Smooth T! I'm sure you've also tried their humus with pita bread - Saraaaap! :thumbsupsmiley:

Damn straight bro! :goatee: Swak. Walang binatbat yung Mister Kebab. :lol:

#60 jaguar_18

jaguar_18

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:cars esp. off road adventure, surfing the net, mountain climbing

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

groupm8s, hanap ko nman sa timog o t. morato parang dapo, dencios o gerrys...meron pa bang iba? :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users